Superman III Superman III - The Official Thread

Just re-watched this. I don't know about you guys, but I think this movie contains the best Chris Reeve Superman performance. He's manlier and tougher in this movie IMO. I usually associate Reeve's Superman with the silver age and Bronze age Superman from the comics, but in this movie, he seems to be channeling Golden Age Superman which is my favorite version of the character. Anyway, I fastforwarded all the parts without Chris Reeve.

I watched this for the first time. Way too much silly stuff, but there was a lot to like. Really loved the 'evil Superman' scenes. The ending with the computer was crazy. Richard Pryor skiing off a building - WTF - that's what I mean about silly. A bit of a mixed bag for me, still enjoyable though.

Best villain in a Superman film - Christopher Reeve.

When he's coming on to Lana - uber-creepy.

When he's fighting Clark - terrifying.

vlcsnap-2013-06-13-12h04m42s100.png

Last edited:
Just re-watched this. I don't know about you guys, but I think this movie contains the best Chris Reeve Superman performance. He's manlier and tougher in this movie IMO.

I agree. In the first two movies he's charming and smiles at everyone, in Superman III he takes charge, shouts instructions at people and intimidates bad guys.

In addition, he's in the best shape in this movie, and he has the best wig. That's right, Reeve wore a wig in all four movies to get a proper Superman hairstyle.

People always mention that Superman III has too much comedy and too much Pryor, but they rarely mention just how superbly made some of it is. The junkyard fight is one fo the best scenes in any superhero movie ever made.

S3-1.jpg

The junkyard scene and the scenes with Lana were good. I just wonder what went through people's minds when they saw the opening credits full of slapstick rather than the opening credits of Superman I and II.

i watched this again about a month ago, i was so disapointed in this film when it first came out but still watched it a lot on vhs as a little kid, as there werent many superhero films around.
i like it quite a bit now, i like it more than superman returns anyway which was another big disapointment.

Watched for the first time a few days ago. Not great, not terrible. The Smallville/Lana stuff worked best. Really weird use of Pryor IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"