World Superman Lives!

Sweet where did you find this. I've been wanted to read this thing for along time, just out curiosity of what it was like. I wonder why they called it Superman Flyby then, because this script is just titled Superman.

I think there was a later draft titled "Fly By."

Thanks very much for this. I just saved it and am anxious to read it.

"FlyBy" was just the codename for the project, just like "Red Sun" was to Superman Returns and "The Intimidation Game" was to Batman Begins. I don't believe it was ever intended to be the actual title of the film.

Anyone find it funny that this script starts off at the film's climax, then jumps back to the beginning... just like Mission: Impossible III did?

Anyone find it funny that this script starts off at the film's climax, then jumps back to the beginning... just like Mission: Impossible III did?

I had the same thought when I saw MI:3. Apparently, Abram's uses the same device in his Alias show too.

Anyone find it interesting that with a major rewrite on this script, that this could be a prequel to Superman Returns. Just have change Ty-Zor into General Zod and make sure Krypton actually explodes, and you almost got yourself a prequel. After reading this script though, it makes me glad that Singer brought back the real Superman mythology. I know that Singer had this Returns story for along time though. Just out curiosity what actors were you guys imagining while reading this script.

Val Kilmer or Joquin Phoenix for Ty Zor

Brendan Gleason for Kata Zor

Hopkins for Jor-El was cast

Mathew Bomer for Superman

my question to you is, who should be cast as the buff and strong as hell (but as JJ Abrams describes her, the hottest girl in town if she were acutally from the town) ALTA... the gal who initially pummels the living hell outta Superman to the point where he's bloodied

This script was rewritten heavily by Josh Schwartz in the third draft, becoming far more faithful to the comics, althought still switching some stuff about the origin.

retconned said:
This script was rewritten heavily by Josh Schwartz in the third draft, becoming far more faithful to the comics, althought still switching some stuff about the origin.

Do you know some of the differences? Could you tell us some of them please? Like how they made it closer to the comics, and if they changed the villian, that sort of stuff.

batman strikes said:
Do you some of the differences? Could tell us some of them? Like how they made it closer to the comics, and if they changed the villian, that sort of stuff.

I can tell you some of the differences that came later... but in my opinion, they weren't that close to the comics at all.

1) Lex Luthor starts off as a shoe salesman in his 40s, around the time when Clark is in college. He encounters an alien pod that crash-lands from Krypton, and a symbiote attaches itself to him. Cut to 10 years later - Lex is now the highly successful owner of LEXCORP, a company he founded and turned into one of the biggest corporate enterprises around in less than a decade. Obviously, this is because the symbiote turns out to be an advanced Kryptonian scout that attached itself to Lex, giving him advanced alien technology that skyrocketd him in the field.

2) In order to explain the origin of Kryptonite, the evil brother's attack on Jor-El's royal palace and city ends up breaking a big chunk of the planet OFF of Krypton. The planet is still mostly intact, but one big chunk now orbits freely in space. As a result, small chunks from the explosion follow Clark's ship to earth...

3) Superman no longer gets a funeral. He dies at the NASA compound and is left for dead, but wakes up within like half an hour now, instead of being buried and such.

Other than that, I don't know any other changes.

I've never read this original draft... but my god, it's awful. I can't believe that Clark Kent actually took SUPERCRAPS when he was a baby. Seriously?! His diapers had ultra-smelly SUPERCRAPS?! This is ridiculous.

Batman Strikes

I came up with a possible cast in answer to your question, what would your cast be? also who would you cast as Alta in answer to my question?

echostation said:
Batman Strikes

I came up with a possible cast in answer to your question, what would your cast be? also who would you cast as Alta in answer to my question?

This is who I was imagining while reading the script.

Matthew Bomer-Clark Kent/Superman (although it was kinda hard because I kept picturing Brandon Routh hahaha)

Lois Lane-Keri Russell mostly because of Abrams writing the script

Perry White-Christopher Walken he was rumored for the part

Jimmy Olsen-Adam Brody

Ty-Zor-Joaquin Phoenix I really think that he would of been great in this role and no I'm not just copying you.

Kata-Zor-I couldn't come up with anyone reading the script, but I liked your Idea about Brendan Gleeson.

Jor-El-Anthony Hopkins

Lex Luthor-This was a hard one because I couldn't see Ralph Fiennes playing this Lex Luthor or Kevin Spacey for that matter (they seem more of Buisness type Lex to me). Don't laugh (actually it might be pretty funny) but because of the whole CIA angle and with Lex wearing a black suit like Agent Smith I actually kept picturing Hugo Weaving for that particular characterization of Lex.

Martha Kent-Someone who wasn't around 30 or 40 but someone around 50 or 60 so you could believe that there about late 60's early 70's when Clark is 29.

Jonathan Kent-Same

For Alta I have know clue, I kept thinking of Ursa from Superman II. But from the description she was given, I would find someone who's not that big of an actor because she dosen't talk at all in the script. sorry if that's not a good enough answer. I tryed.

By the way Bishop2 thanks for telling me some of differences. This script was a good read but unless they gave this script major rewrite to make it closer to the comics then I wouldn't want to see it on screen. You just have to appreciate what Bryan Singer did with this project turning from just an action picture to something with heart and just giving us a real Superman Movie.

Bring on SUPERMAN RETURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually the third draft has JOR-EL as the villain with supermans evil brother in place of ty zor....

Jor-El as the Villian? are you serious, that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Did you get to read this draft or did someone tell you about it?

batman strikes said:
Jor-El as the Villian? are you serious, that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Did you get to read this draft or did someone tell you about it?

Hey, Jor-El's been a bad guy on Smallville for some time now... even though he's dead, he's still doing all kinds of evil crap from beyond the grave.

Of course, Smallville blows. But I'm just sayin'. The concept's already out there.

Anyone know where to get a 2nd Draft...the so called "Flyby" script...???

Anyone, anyone?

ugh, I was already thining it'd be pretty bad, but this was even worse than I thought it'd be.

you mean this one?
shirt5nr.jpg

I refined that design for my own personal supes' shield.
Pm me if interested int he vector image i did

cool symbol. its the one from electric supes costume right?

Dude!! Sweet!!!!!!!!!

That's really cool man! The version that I was talking about wasn't three dimensional though...

-Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"