World Superman Lives!

does anyoe know where I can see the youtube or some online video of Kevin Smith talking about his documentary on Prince? I can't find it on youtube anywhere

Another piece that was apparently shown in the Look, Up in the Sky! documentary.

sinvolvementci3.jpg

Source: http://dvd.monstersandcritics.com/reviews/article_1177582.php

Kerry Gammill has added some colorized versions of designs he did for Superman Lives on his site. Theres a few pieces there that i've not seen before.

wtripodic7.jpg

wdd1qa5.jpg

wkillersws9.jpg

dd6rx2.jpg
scan003uu5.jpg

Superman Lives
These designs were done for an unproduced movie "Superman Lives" starring Nicolas Cage and directed by Tim Burton. It was to be based on the comic book story of the death and rebirth of Superman. It was cancelled in pre-production when Burton left the project. These designs are not connected with the movie "Superman Returns" which is currently in production.

Source: http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/monsterart/supelives.htm

Retroman said:
Kerry Gammill has added some colorized versions of designs he did for Superman Lives on his site. Theres a few pieces there that i've not seen before.

wtripodic7.jpg

wdd1qa5.jpg

wkillersws9.jpg

dd6rx2.jpg
scan003uu5.jpg

Superman Lives
These designs were done for an unproduced movie "Superman Lives" starring Nicolas Cage and directed by Tim Burton. It was to be based on the comic book story of the death and rebirth of Superman. It was cancelled in pre-production when Burton left the project. These designs are not connected with the movie "Superman Returns" which is currently in production.

Source: http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/monsterart/supelives.htm

:wow: They look like generic XBOX 360 first person shooter monster designs!

I really want to see a picture of of Nicolas Cage in the updated classic Superman costume, that they made for him at time. From the description I read it sounded kind of cool. By the way, I'm not talking about the Black and Silver suit he was going to wear, I hated those designs.

batman strikes said:
I really want to see a picture of of Nicolas Cage in the updated classic Superman costume, that they made for him at time. From the description I read it sounded kind of cool. By the way, I'm not talking about the Black and Silver suit he was going to wear, I hated those designs.
The red and blue costume? Yes, and I would like to see the screen test of him flying, too.

Movies were so damn bad in the 90's. haha

So much corny, cliched stuff.

I've read the script by Kevin Smith and it was pretty good. With a few characters and plot details taken out, it could have been a good movie especially if Bryan Singer directed it. Does anyone agree?

Where did you read the script?

Bryan Singer s overrated.

Kevin is a little overrated come to think about it, but he wrote a good script.

I've read the script by Kevin Smith and it was pretty good. With a few characters and plot details taken out, it could have been a good movie especially if Bryan Singer directed it. Does anyone agree?

The movie would not have been like the script, Burton ditched it.

I would have loved to have seen Burton's movie though, and especially Cage as Supes.

I actually think Singer might have been ok since the script was written by someone who knew who Superman was. That was the problem with Supeman Returns, it was written by people with a fundemental lack of understanding for the character. Singer is not a bad director, he just directed a bad film because of the script. Of course, he had input in the script so that was one of the problems.

If he could have just directed the KS script with no injection of his own personal feelings into the script, we might have had a cool film...but probably not.

You mean the Wesley Strick 'Lexiac' script? I didn't like it as much as the Kevin Smith version.
I have the Dan Girloy one and it's a mess.
The Kevin Smith version could have been improved (like in the characterization of Lex) but it wasn't bad.

I thought Kevin Smith did a good job with Lois and Superman's interaction but the script itself was average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"