World Superman Lives!

The cape attachment, neckline and logo are pretty good. I'm surprised it actually has trunks.

The cape attachment, neckline and logo are pretty good. I'm surprised it actually has trunks.

The filmmakers had originally ditched them, something Cage was more than happy with; but when he showed pictures of the suit to his 7-year-old son, his first reaction was: "where are the trunks?" And, as a result, Cage personally asked the costume department to put them back on.

Indeed. I remember Cage stating just that on the Tonight Show during the late '90's about his son being adamant that the trunks be re-instated into the costume when Leno brought up Cage's signing up to play Superman.

Interesting. Also, the serif of the S reminds me of the George Reeves S.

How is it? What are the differences between it and Kevin Smith's and Dan Gilroy's drafts? Some elements that stand out?

How is it? What are the differences between it and Kevin Smith's and Dan Gilroy's drafts? Some elements that stand out?

I also have the script. I'll try and put it online.

It's weird, I actually think it looks quite decent, and Cage doesn't look that bad. The S looks great actually, I'd like to see it in colour.

I still can't see him as Superman but ill always wonder what if?!

On the Dan Gilroy script I actually thought it was pretty decent, the opening on Krypton seemed very much like a horror movie though (which I didn't mind) but the script after the midway point does start to go off a little but I don't think that was the final draft. It's also really quite different to Smiths script.

Last edited:

Its been a while since I've read it but from I what I can remember it had a lot of elements that you have seen in the concept art. Mainly the idea that Brainiac is just a green head on a triangular pedestal. If you want to read it I can PM you the script. I've been meaning to go back and read it.

Last edited:
BTW does anyone have any idea of where the recent pic of Nic Cage as Superman comes from? It looks like it was taken from a book...

I quite like this costume (not as much as the MOS or Reeve one though). This is a quick job manipping the hues & colour saturation (to hell with detailing & accuracy!)
NicolasCageasSupermanLivesColouredIn.jpg
cy!)

Any chance of making that bigger, like the original size: 2378x1781?

I quite like this costume (not as much as the MOS or Reeve one though). This is a quick job manipping the hues & colour saturation (to hell with detailing & accuracy!)
cy!)
I think the Cage Suit avoided the undies, Peters thought the suit was pink enough as it is.

Its been a while since I've read it but from I what I can remember it had a lot of elements that you have seen in the concept art. Mainly the idea that Brainiac is just a green head on a triangular pedestal. If you want to read it I can PM you the script. I've been meaning to go back and read it but i've been busy with stuff and I just got done reading the script for Justice Leauge: Mortal.
I also have the script. I'll try and put it online.

:wow: That'd be very nice! I've been looking for the Wesley Strick draft for years!

Last edited:
I have it too, thanks to batman strikes.

Could somebody pm me the script? it would be greatly appreciated.

It would never have worked but why can't I stop thinking I wish this film had been made?!

tbdjonpeters123107.jpg

I originally heard that this was the costume for Tim Burtons film (but then someone said this was the flyby costume).....this looks like the one Cage is wearing without the trunks.

cy!)
You beat me to it!:woot: Well, here is another colorizing. I just posted it on the manips thread.

supermanlivescagecolor.jpg

tbdjonpeters123107.jpg

I originally heard that this was the costume for Tim Burtons film (but then someone said this was the flyby costume).....this looks like the one Cage is wearing without the trunks.

mcgsui10.jpg

supermanmcg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"