World Superman: The Restart Thread

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
Hey guys, for all we know, this forum could one day be turned into a forum for a Superman origin story, or complete restart. With Singer's MOS all but confirmed dead, and this JLA crap coming along and ruining shots for all the second tier DC heroes to have there own films, we got some time on our hands. Well, there's no time like the present to start game planning for a reboot. If your sick of discussing Apt Pupil boys fairly dead MOS, or the Justice League and you just want to shoot the sh^t about what you would like to see in a Superman origin film, or restart, this is the thread for you!

Your Welcome:yay:

Oh yea, by the way, this thread is for those who WANT a restart or a new origin film. If you don't, then I don't want you in my thread causing trouble by singing Singer's gospel. There's already know where on the Superman boards you can go and discuss this topic with having Singer shoved down your throat. This thread has nothing to do with Singer, SR, and MOS. This is about what you would like to se storyline-wise and casting-wise, and who you would like to see write and direct. If it becomes a Singer/Routh based thread, I want this closed down ASAP!

I'm all for a restart. When SR was in production, I didn't mind not going with an origin, but it definitely felt like that's what it was already trying to do anyway.

So minds as well just show the entire story in full cinematic form. Fans have been saying that the origin has been done too many times, and that's true. But only to us. The last time the average person really saw Superman's genesis in live-action, was in Lois & Clark. To a much smaller crowd, Smallville.

Both fairly low-budget productions, compared to a blockbuster film.

So the possibilities of seeing something truly awe-inspiring (Clark's first flight and discovery of individual powers), is even better if inserted into a Hollywood movie.

As for the cast, I honestly wouldn't mind Routh being the only one coming back. Treat it as a restart, and finally let the guy act and do something. Recast everyone else.

If not, then I guess go for another unknown. The only problem with that is it'll be incredibly hard to find another guy suitable for the role. I remember the fans were fidgety as hell, weeks before Routh was cast, because the casting crew were saying how frustrated they were in not being able to find someone.

I'll try to come back and have something fresh to say. Most of you probably know my origin ideas by now if not memorized from threads like this.

In my humble opinion, I do think the next Superman should be Henry Cavill. Enough time has passed where he has aged enough to be Superman, which was what everyone had against Cavill. I think his "look" is almost better than Reeve, and Henry has some serious acting chops. The dude could act circles around Routh and Welling combined and isn't some random male model plucked for the role, the guys a classically trained actor with the look of Superman, what else do you want?

This belongs in Misc Superman Forums or Super-World.

Not the Superman Returns Sequel forum.

Dude, just leave it alone! Don't come to the thread if you have a problem I'm sure this thread being in this forum isn't ruining your day!

Plus, your a newbie!

So, I have an idea I've been playing with for awhile. You could NEVER make a movie out of it, possibly a tv series but more likely than anything a cartoon. Now that Smallville is almost over and we have seen that chapter of Superman/Clark's life, I want to see a take on Superman AFTER he loses everyone in his life and has to start over. He is forever 30 and immortal, as most of you know. What happens after Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Lana, and the Kents are gone. And you could work in twist the storyline in which Lex sells his soul to remain alive into the story. Hell, Clark Kent has to die at some point, right, he is a registered human being. You could create new characters,friends, love interest, situations, villians, etc etc for this elseworlds story. And that would present the oppurtunity of flashbacks regarding the outcome of Lois and Clark, how he forced her out of his life and never really forgave himself, but he wanted her to grow old with someone. Lex could have a son that Superman takes under his wing to prevent him from being like Lex, kinda a play on Smallville. I dunno, I'm just throwing stuff out there. I really need to write this as a fanfic.

Superman will NOT FADE AWAY!

Ok, calm down :p, I was just speculating in the obviously terrible future.

Anyway, I like your idea... You should develop this. But no offence, I don't think MOS will die out, if so JLA will take over...

forever 30 and imortal? Last time I checked he does age, hell Wolverine ages slower then Superman. Wasn't there even a futuresque comic series that portrayed both Superman and batman as older heroes

He is not imortal, he is not a god, he is an alien with near infinite streangth speed, and some other cool abilities

Now...saying that at this point if you want a fresh restart.

Abandon everything, go back to the origins redo it all Krypton exploding don't show anything about the 3 criminals at the beginning forget about Zod and rewrite some history a bit. Work in Brainiack as part of Kryptons distruction and AI gone horribly out of whack. Maybe even hint just a bit at Darksiede as the planet goes boom give it a good solid 15 to 20 minutes of the film

then another 10 on Clark and the Kents the boy to a man... then just a little Superman foiling some human crimes

Leave Luthor out COMPLEATLY go with Brainaick following the last Kryptonian to eath, he is a full CGI creation at first, battles SUperman and loses a close one then merges merges with a human (if only to give Superman an ineresting villain that isn't a compleate robot) and gains an all new array of powers..utilizeing the human brain for things such as Telekenesis. Also uses the Human life it now holds hostage agaisnt Supermans values to not kill human ever.

make it a 2 and half hour movie, the early part with Krypton gives you some action before Superman makes his first apearance

I would actualy sugest you do Lois pretty much as she was done in the first movie even at the end with going back in time

cuase going back in time alows for Darksied to take knotice of earth and thats how the movie ends, with some machin in Darksieds world alerting him of a temporal distortion

Darksied fears or covets or both this kind of technology and sets out to destory it

Luthor is needed for a restart. Doing an origin movie with Brainiac would just take too much damn time and be too complicated. If you want a restart use Luthor and Metallo. Besides, just because Luthor has been used a lot, doesn't mean we should forget him. Luthor should be in EVERY Superman movie. He is too big a part of the mythoes not to be. They just need a fresh take on him. In other words, Corporate Lex.

I agree with Matt. (Wow that's like a precedent or something).

Show Kal-El's journey from Krypton to becoming christened as Clark Kent to Smallville, to be rechristened as Superman in Metropolis. Show him struggling to find the right balance of being a hero, like how much saving he should do and if there are limits. The stuff that Dini and Ross wrote about in Peace on Earth.

Oh, and maintain Clark Kent as the alter ego and Superman/Kal-El as the main persona. :oldrazz:

Show Lex as the intelligent, manipulative, arrogant xenophobe that he is. Making him a mastermind as well as corporate savvy. Underline his hatred for Superman, his jealousy that's concealed by him thinking that Superman hurts humanity by helping.

And maybe use Metallo.

forever 30 and imortal? Last time I checked he does age, hell Wolverine ages slower then Superman. Wasn't there even a futuresque comic series that portrayed both Superman and batman as older heroes

He is not imortal, he is not a god, he is an alien with near infinite streangth speed, and some other cool abilities

Now...saying that at this point if you want a fresh restart.

Abandon everything, go back to the origins redo it all Krypton exploding don't show anything about the 3 criminals at the beginning forget about Zod and rewrite some history a bit. Work in Brainiack as part of Kryptons distruction and AI gone horribly out of whack. Maybe even hint just a bit at Darksiede as the planet goes boom give it a good solid 15 to 20 minutes of the film

then another 10 on Clark and the Kents the boy to a man... then just a little Superman foiling some human crimes

Leave Luthor out COMPLEATLY go with Brainaick following the last Kryptonian to eath, he is a full CGI creation at first, battles SUperman and loses a close one then merges merges with a human (if only to give Superman an ineresting villain that isn't a compleate robot) and gains an all new array of powers..utilizeing the human brain for things such as Telekenesis. Also uses the Human life it now holds hostage agaisnt Supermans values to not kill human ever.

make it a 2 and half hour movie, the early part with Krypton gives you some action before Superman makes his first apearance

I would actualy sugest you do Lois pretty much as she was done in the first movie even at the end with going back in time

cuase going back in time alows for Darksied to take knotice of earth and thats how the movie ends, with some machin in Darksieds world alerting him of a temporal distortion

Darksied fears or covets or both this kind of technology and sets out to destory it

Superman is immortal!

I mean't in terms of aging and dying a "natural" death!

Luthor is needed for a restart. Doing an origin movie with Brainiac would just take too much damn time and be too complicated. If you want a restart use Luthor and Metallo. Besides, just because Luthor has been used a lot, doesn't mean we should forget him. Luthor should be in EVERY Superman movie. He is too big a part of the mythoes not to be. They just need a fresh take on him. In other words, Corporate Lex.

I'm with you Matt.

I'm working on something that would take elements of Birthright and All-Seasons, but also would new and better for a movie version!

What I would like to know is what can we use for a great introduction to reveal Superman to the world or at least to the people of Metropolis. I mean we already had him saving a plan and shuttle in Superman Returns so showing that again would feel redundant for a restart film. Any Ideas?

Mostly I just think I should be the one in charge of all things Superman, from now on. :yay: Then we'd get a GREAT film with a compelling story, fantastic action sequences, lots of Supermanly superpowers on display, and perfect casting. :up: Oh, and a :word: suit, as well.

I agree with Matt. (Wow that's like a precedent or something).

Show Kal-El's journey from Krypton to becoming christened as Clark Kent to Smallville, to be rechristened as Superman in Metropolis. Show him struggling to find the right balance of being a hero, like how much saving he should do and if there are limits. The stuff that Dini and Ross wrote about in Peace on Earth.

Oh, and maintain Clark Kent as the alter ego and Superman/Kal-El as the main persona. :oldrazz:

Show Lex as the intelligent, manipulative, arrogant xenophobe that he is. Making him a mastermind as well as corporate savvy. Underline his hatred for Superman, his jealousy that's concealed by him thinking that Superman hurts humanity by helping.

And maybe use Metallo.

also he could hate him because he embarrassed him like he did in MOS the comic.

I would also change the Clark Kent character and merge the Cain and Reeves Superman were sometimes he can be assertive but, also quite bumbling ESPECAILLY around Lois.

So do you have any ideas on how to show Superman first appearance to Metropolis and the world.

he catches a plane. he did in SR and STAS.

Exactly and that was one of the best scenes in Superman Returns. But if they restarted the franshise I doubt we would see that again specially for the first movie because we have seen that.

Take the scene from Superman: Birthright.

So, I have an idea I've been playing with for awhile. You could NEVER make a movie out of it, possibly a tv series but more likely than anything a cartoon. Now that Smallville is almost over and we have seen that chapter of Superman/Clark's life, I want to see a take on Superman AFTER he loses everyone in his life and has to start over. He is forever 30 and immortal, as most of you know. What happens after Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Lana, and the Kents are gone. And you could work in twist the storyline in which Lex sells his soul to remain alive into the story. Hell, Clark Kent has to die at some point, right, he is a registered human being. You could create new characters,friends, love interest, situations, villians, etc etc for this elseworlds story. And that would present the oppurtunity of flashbacks regarding the outcome of Lois and Clark, how he forced her out of his life and never really forgave himself, but he wanted her to grow old with someone. Lex could have a son that Superman takes under his wing to prevent him from being like Lex, kinda a play on Smallville. I dunno, I'm just throwing stuff out there. I really need to write this as a fanfic.

I'm all open for something fresh but honestly, man, your story sucks!

I see the newbie got the thread moved. Bunch of babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"