World Superman: The Restart Thread

Well I just hope that Superman Returns, and the current franchise with Singer and Routh, isn't the last we'll get to see of a Superman movie. I must admit I was quite worried that I probably wouldn't get to see another take on the character on the big screen within my lifetime, but having said that, looking at the turkey Hulk and how quickly they have decided to redo that, maybe there is hope.

The sad thing is that I always wanted an established Superman movie instead of an origin flick, and Singer ruined it, so now, we have to go back and restart the whole damn thing. I know Matt disagrees, and I respect his opinion alot, but Braniac, or something, would probably be needed in an origin film so it can distance itself from Donner's flick and not jsut be a Superman/Lex movie. I wouldn't mind seeing a movie pick right up with Clark becoming Superman and his first adventures!

"The First Adventure of Superman"

I personaly like Superman being Clark's alter ego with Clark being the main persona. This is one of the thing I really like about Smallville. I would also like to see Lex more like the Lex in Smallville and Superman: TAS. I think a story along the line of the Superman: TAS, The Lat Son of Krypton would be the way to go. This way you kinda cover every thing and also leave it open for another villan.

I'm not a fan of Clark Kent as the main persona. I feel that takes away from what makes Superman different from other superheroes and metaphor of "inside every mild and meek person is really a superman".

Still plugging Birthright and Kal El as the real Superman. :woot: It's great to see some things don't change. :up:

I am completely for a restart of this. SR was decent, now I think it's time to move on with the silver age interpretation of Superman and focus on the modern.

I would rather not have a complete redoing of the origin story because I think it's unneeded now. A story where the characters are already established and just a continuation of the central character and story theme seems reasonable. It worked with Batman, half of the characters just existed, but people already knew who they were why not experiment with a much known character.

The Story: Superman has been on Earth a number of years now, and is renowned for his protection of the planet and the origin is established many years ago. Lois Lane is the top notch reporter of the Planet, Jimmy is a struggling photographer, Perry is editor etc.

The trouble begins when we see a new addition of Lex Luthor for the first time on the big screen. He's not nuclear realestate agent, or a mad scientitst only. But an intellectual character as part of a new global organization of LexCorp.

LexCorp has been illegally excavating for fragments of meteroites in Antarctica and along the way discovers the resting place of a meteorite carrying alien artifacts left over from a long distant planet. Not, Krypton in case your afraid of Zod. But pieces from Mars.

LexCorp takes these back to study their origin very closely, at the same time Lois Lane gets tip from a source of this finding, she soon starts to investigate by sneaking into LexCorp and confirming these findings.

Of course, about the same time, Luthor is messing around with some of the artifacts and closer examination reveals that the evidence indicates a massive destruction of a vast civilzation. A piece of the evidence actually actives a homing beason transmitting to you guessed it, Braniac. He is in the middle of destroying another planet and sends right for Earth.

In Superman's love life, Lois is losing interest in the Man of Steel, as is the entire world at this point. They are becoming no longer amused with Superman flying around and instead only take advantage of his protection and use if greedily for a narccistic society.

Here's where Braniac comes in, in an opening like Independence Day, Braninac moves in over Earth and introduces himself as an integalactic traveller who only wishes to exchange knowledge. This of course makes a media stir across the planet as everyone is interested in this traveler. Superman and anyone associated becomes bashed by him and he is quickly betrayed.

Brainiac begins exchaning knowledge and giving back so to speak to humanity, he finds the cure for cancer, improves the economy of third world countries, and saves cats from trees basically. The whole world is ammused and in love.

Lex Luthor, wanting to be on top of course signs Braniac as his pester media boy and begins taking advantage of him for any gain possible. Superman becomes outspoken and suspicious of Brainiac's motivations, which gets him bashed harshly by the world stage, and especially by Lex Luthor.

The story is not complete without Brainac offering Superman the history of his homeworld. He comes to realize that Brainaic was adopted by the central council on Krypton in order to govern over the masses, but was destroyed in the end. We also find Mars and countless other worlds have had their data collected and been destroyed because of greed and arrogance of many races.

Superman learns the truth and tries to inform the masses of Earth, but of course is destroyed and mocked even more this time. Lois Lane has even become part of this crowd, but becomes even more interested and investigates further.

She even journies up the Fortress to get the inside scoop of where Brainiac could be coming from. She learns and believes the truth and publishes it in a great article in the Daily Planet. She nearly gets fired for the bad press and her career is totalled.

LexCorp of course allows Brainiac to connect with their global media and the world goes dark, a global blackout that is. People begin to realize Superman was right. Things go hectic and Superman representing morals and responsibility here responds to defeat Brainiac, who begins a process to collapse Earth's core. All ends well for Earth, Brainiac is smashed, and society wakes up from its ways.

Luthor is also accused of harvesting Brainiac, but of course knows how to clear his name everytime. Superman and Lois also become closer as a result where they decide to begin seeing each from then on. Only simple dating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"