Superman TV Series Starring Tyler Hoechlin?

I’m not sure what it is about this theme but I just can’t get into it at all :hmm

Yeah, it's okay, but nowhere near Zimmer's theme and not in the same galaxy as Williams'.

Rather than laziness I see recurring use of elements of Williams' theme as recognition that no other piece of music defines the character of Superman in the way that it does - otherwise 40 years on it wouldn't keep turning up.

But that's just how I see it.

BTW picked up Supergirl season 2 on dvd for cheap, just to watch the Superman bits - Hoechlin's portrayal is the perfect balance between Reeve's less serious take and Cavill's too serious take on the Man of Steel.

Really hope a series is in the works.

If you reuse Williams music the best way to go about is by doing it in the same manor as Superman Returns did.

I would go for that, having the main Superman theme as the starting point and moving on from there.

I’ll give him a chance, but if I’m being honest, he wouldn’t have been on my list.

Okay, this is either going to be a surprisingly amazing casting and an interesting new take on the character, or a total disaster.

It is in keeping with the theme in Supergirl of using actors from previous Superman shows and movies (e.g Teri Hatcher, Dean Cain, Helen Slater etc....)

Perhaps Jon Cryer can manage to be actually sinister and menacing, rather than just annoying.

Yeah I’m warming up to Cryer as Lex... I’ll wait to judge though

If you reuse Williams music the best way to go about is by doing it in the same manor as Superman Returns did.

The Superman Returns score is wonderful, if the film had have been less dour I'm sure we'd have gotten some more bombastic elements too but what we got is great anyway.

Yeah I’m warming up to Cryer as Lex... I’ll wait to judge though

Me too and same, I'm not gonna say if I think he'll suck or be great. I'm taking a wait and see approach to the casting. Cryer's a good actor so I know he has a performance in him, just depends on the writing and choices.

It’s honestly kinda cool that Lenny Luthor is our new Lex

I just LOVE how the Arrowverse embraces the past

I’m curious who they’ll cast as Ma and Pa Kent. I’m sure it’ll be some familiar faces

I’m curious who they’ll cast as Ma and Pa Kent. I’m sure it’ll be some familiar faces

I think it’s likely that Ma and Pa Kent are no longer alive

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing John Wesley Shipp as the Flash again.

I think Jon Cryer could do a good job as Lex but it depends on the writing and I do hope that this Lex isn't as annoying or goofy as Eisenberg's Lex. If I had to guess then I think Supergirl's Lex will be a mad evil scientist and that he will try to get Lena be on his side.

Last edited:
I don't keep up with Supergirl. Is this confirmed? Seems like a missed opportunity is true.

Tbf it hasn't but we haven't heard anything about casting and they're not on any set pics so I'd say quite likely. But hey I could be way off.

Just dawned on me - if a Superman show would be too similar to Supergirl, then why not do a 'Superman and the Legion of Super Heroes' spin off? Faithful to the comics but something different

Just dawned on me - if a Superman show would be too similar to Supergirl, then why not do a 'Superman and the Legion of Super Heroes' spin off? Faithful to the comics but something different
Dude I’d be so down. I’d kinda want it to be Superboy though with a younger actor

I can't imagine a Superman show of any merit. Chances are this Elseworlds will be obliquely a backdoor pilot for such a Superman show, but I'm so skeptical I can barely think straight.

A Superman series must not be political like Supergirl. I would like to see the government/ military/ science angle with General Sam Lane and Dr Emil Hamilton.

Move James Olsen and Martian Manhunter and Winn to Superman.

Make the Legion of Superheroes as the bridge between a Superman TV series and Supergirl.

Last edited:
James and MM are already on Supergirl lol, I'd like to see Jimmy at least cameo or guest on a Superman show.

Most live action Superman-based shows post-1958 usually have a twist so they're not Superman straight up, you have Superboy, Supergirl, Smallville of course, even Lois and Clark went for the angle of the romcom between the two title characters.

That's why I like the idea of "Superman and the...", you have Supes as the main character leading an ensemble. If not Legion of SuperHeroes (would you have to present the 31st Century on a weekly basis? Could be hard!) then what other team could he lead?

Alternatively, someone suggested he joins the Legends of Tomorrow ensemble.

Alternatively, someone suggested he joins the Legends of Tomorrow ensemble.
The most likely scenario. Would be funny as heck seeing Brandon Routh interact with Hoechlin's Supes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"