Superman: Unbound (2013) Animated Movie Thread

Are you waiting until June to get this BH... or are you going to import?

Think I'll just import as normal.

I'm importing, already pre-ordered it on eBay.

I would wait for here but I don't wanna have o wait for both Superman films until June :woot:

That new clip was awesome, I guess when James Tucker said they would use the bigger characters to promote the lesser characters he wasn't wrong seems Supergirl's gonna have a big part in this like she did in the book and that's great.

tumblr_mewlevIoLR1qcvd8fo1_500.gif

Just watched ths, was quality, not quite as good as Elite but action wise the best yet. The fight scenes were awesome, the a im action was stellar and Mat Bomer was outstanding as Superman. My only negatives were abit of misplaced humour and I didn't care for Lois design but that's only minor. A very high 8/10.

I wouldn't say the action was the best yet, it was so impersonal. I was disconnected from the story because it wasn't all that interesting. Just basic comic book Superman vs. Supervillan stuff. I think the bar has been raised too high perhaps and this story wasn't really best suited for an adaptation. Elite and even All-star beat this one in spades. After TDKR it's going to be almost impossible to top. Flashpoint at least has the benefit of being something completely new. Good animation, decent story and great voice acting make this one a 7/10 for me. I'm going to do a video review tonight

I liked the movie but in the same I wish they would have followed the book more and turn this into a trilogy with this being the first part, than the new krypton storyline ending with War of the Supermen. Another thing I wish they would have kept in was the death of Jonathan Kent. I was really disappointed this wasn't in there. But I do understand that in order to do that you first would have to do last son since that plays a huge part in the last 2 books.

Just finished it, and I'd rate it

Story: B
Voice Acting: A
Animation:C

I thought the action was pretty decent fare, evenly paced not boring. This felt so much like Kara's story there wasn't enough Superman or Brainiac.

I will say, Lois' little moment, I automatically of this http://youtu.be/6a5mFl51qkY

Last edited:
I wouldn't say the action was the best yet, it was so impersonal. I was disconnected from the story because it wasn't all that interesting. Just basic comic book Superman vs. Supervillan stuff. I think the bar has been raised too high perhaps and this story wasn't really best suited for an adaptation. Elite and even All-star beat this one in spades. After TDKR it's going to be almost impossible to top. Flashpoint at least has the benefit of being something completely new. Good animation, decent story and great voice acting make this one a 7/10 for me. I'm going to do a video review tonight

Each to their own but I don't think any DCU film yet had as good as action scenes as this one, plus this might be the most I've seen Superman kick ass ever in animation.

Each to their own but I don't think any DCU film yet had as good as action scenes as this one, plus this might be the most I've seen Superman kick ass ever in animation.

While I don't disagree that Superman unleashed the fury in this, it was mostly just against robots which made it a bit underwhelming to me. Had I been more wrapped up in the story perhaps I could have gotten onboard with the action a bit more. I don't think anything about this movie was poorly made, I just think it pales in comparison to "vs. The Elite" and "All-star". But I know those weren't everyone's cup of tea.

While I don't disagree that Superman unleashed the fury in this, it was mostly just against robots which made it a bit underwhelming to me. Had I been more wrapped up in the story perhaps I could have gotten onboard with the action a bit more. I don't think anything about this movie was poorly made, I just think it pales in comparison to "vs. The Elite" and "All-star". But I know those weren't everyone's cup of tea.

They were mine and I agree they were better but I just disagree with you on the action.

Nope, I loved that scene actually. It may have seemingly been anticlimatic but Superman kind of taunting him and just messing with his head was my favorite part of the whole feature. I really don't mind when Superman starts talking smack a little like that, it was also my favorite part of The Elite when he slapped around a depowered Manchester a bit. The guy is so noble I feel like he deserves to be a bit of a jerk now and again. So you thought it was a bit disappointing then? I can't vouch for it being similar to the comic

Nope, I loved that scene actually. It may have seemingly been anticlimatic but Superman kind of taunting him and just messing with his head was my favorite part of the whole feature. I really don't mind when Superman starts talking smack a little like that, it was also my favorite part of The Elite when he slapped around a depowered Manchester a bit. The guy is so noble I feel like he deserves to be a bit of a jerk now and again. So you thought it was a bit disappointing then? I can't vouch for it being similar to the comic

Ah maybe I'm gonna rewatch it, wasn't really in the mood to watch it when I did yet I couldn't wait to see it, strange I know lol

Yeah cause well to put it bluntly Brainiac
died and that disappointed me. I didn't like how he basically had become a machine too cause in the
Johns book he's a living Coluan, all the machines etc were his programming,
. I really can't get over how good Bomer was though. He's joined Tim Daly, George Newbern and Mark Valley as my top choices for Superman.

I'll agree with that, i'm not familiar with Bomer's past work but he had a definitive Superman voice to me as well. Valley killed it last time but Bomer nailed it here. A lot of good talent to voice Superman.

That's interesting, maybe it shouldn't have been so definitive then. Sounds better than what we got. I'm the same way, I was way too tired to watch it the first time but I had to try. When these new animated films come on I just get so excited, bring on Flashpoint.

I'll agree with that, i'm not familiar with Bomer's past work but he had a definitive Superman voice to me as well. Valley killed it last time but Bomer nailed it here. A lot of good talent to voice Superman.

They do seem to cast Superman very well, I even loved a janes Denton in All Star Superman and Mark Harmon sounded pretty much like Newbern on CO2Es. The only one I didn't really care for was Adam Baldwin on Superman Doomsday, not that he was bad he just didn't sound like Superman to me.

That's interesting, maybe it shouldn't have been so definitive then. Sounds better than what we got. I'm the same way, I was way too tired to watch it the first time but I had to try. When these new animated films come on I just get so excited, bring on Flashpoint.

Yeah I think that's what bothered me how definitive it was BUT I suppose there ain't gonna be a sequel and its just its own contained movie really.

Flashpoint looks incredible, starting to think Dark Knight Returns Part 2 might just have a challenger in its hands.

I'm not sure what to think about Flashpoint, it's an interesting story but I wouldn't put it on the same level as some of the classics. Will be cool to see in animation though for sure. I can't wait to get the sneak-peak/trailer. Also, I know it's asking a lot but if we ever got an adaptation of Kingdom Come i'd be flying.

Ah maybe I'm gonna rewatch it, wasn't really in the mood to watch it when I did yet I couldn't wait to see it, strange I know lol

Yeah cause well to put it bluntly Brainiac
died and that disappointed me. I didn't like how he basically had become a machine too cause in the
Johns book he's a living Coluan, all the machines etc were his programming,
. I really can't get over how good Bomer was though. He's joined Tim Daly, George Newbern and Mark Valley as my top choices for Superman.

I don't think
Brainiac died. Superman picked up some sort of cube after Brainiac exploded. Something tells me that the cube will one day reconstruct Brainiac because it is a remnant of him.

They do seem to cast Superman very well, I even loved a janes Denton in All Star Superman and Mark Harmon sounded pretty much like Newbern on CO2Es. The only one I didn't really care for was Adam Baldwin on Superman Doomsday, not that he was bad he just didn't sound like Superman to me.

Kyle MacLachlan was really good in 'The New Frontier' as well.

this was extremely violent. I was shocked! ..i liked :)

i must honestly say however I am not a fan of this new Brainiac. irrational, emotional, not my cup of tea from an evolved supercomputer with knowledge of 10000 systems.

Can't say I enjoyed this all too much, it felt very mediocre and not very memorable. I believe this is also the first one bruce timm wasn't producing? or am i mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"