Superman: Unbound (2013) Animated Movie Thread

Why did Lois have red eyes in this?
they were purple
Maybe a nod to the DCAU version.

char_112.jpg

This was...ok. I loved all the voice actors, but the story was pretty mediocre to me (unsurprising considering the very basic story it's based on, imo). The action sequences were probably the highlight for me. Overall, I MUCH preferred Superman vs. The Elite and continue to wish they'd give one of the truly epic Superman stories the same treatment they gave TDKR.

Loved this movie. The voice acting was awesome. Stana Katic really nailed Lois but I still kept waiting for her to yell "Castle!!" instead of "Superman!!". lol

The story however felt a little flat. I'd place it under Elite because of it.

This was ok...but animation wise it didn't feel that big of a stepup from an episode of JLU.

With Superman on paper he should be the greatest hero ever. But he's not. In the end it always tends to come out boring. I don't know what it is. But of all the things I watch with him, STAS and almost every film they always come out boring. This movie was no exception. Again I like Superman because on paper it seems like it should work. That is why I have faith in the MOS. Oh, I didn't finish this movie I got about halfway through and my computer started acting up. I don't intend on finishing this movie unless it comes to Netflix.

Finally saw this film. It lacks the punch of Johns' masterpiece because it has a much lighter ending and left out some of the adult references. Having said that it was still a good watch and had plenty of action. I can understand why the changes were made though.

I give it an 8/10.

This is one of my favorites too and I feel like this movie would be a good template for Man of Steel 2.

Very much on the same page. Superman has so many great villains to choose from ( Metallo, Parasite, Bizarro would all make great movie adversaries) but Brainiac brings a truly epic level of threat - Brainiac was probably the best thing about the Krypton series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"