Comics Superman Vs. Aquaman? Vote!!

Spike_x1 said:
Correction: He doesn't control water with his new hand. The waterhand can merely extend its own matter into a larger pool of normal water, spreading throughout said normal water. This enables him to manipulate that particular pool. But he can't just, say, look at a lake and control the water within it. He'd need to enchant the lake with the waterhand and put some of the hand's magical water into it.

yes but since he did that to the sea then most of the worlds water should be enchanted

King Of The sea said:
yes but since he did that to the sea then most of the worlds water should be enchanted
He's never shown to have done that. :confused:

As far as I know, the control he has over certain bodies of water disappears when he retracts the hand from it.

Spike_x1 said:
He's never shown to have done that. :confused:

As far as I know, the control he has over certain bodies of water disappears when he retracts the hand from it.

um dident he part the sea or did u not see that if not ill pull up a link or pic or something

King Of The sea said:
um dident he part the sea or did u not see that if not ill pull up a link or pic or something
I've seen it.

Yes, he did part a huge tidal wave, but he had to shoot his hand's magic into it in order to control the wave. When he pulls his hand away, that takes the waterhand's contents with it. So all of the world's water is not enchanted.

Think of it as if your power is the control of, say, Jello mix (best analogy I can come up with). Once you put the mix into the water and stir it around, you could control that particular body of water because it's all stirred together with the Jello mix.

That's what Aquaman's waterhand does. It shoots its own magical material into a larger body of water where it spreads out and he can then control it.

But when whatever task he's trying to accomplish is complete and he no longer needs to control the water, he pulls the magic of his hand back, thereby taking out all of the "Jello mix" with it, so he can't control it any more unless he goes through the process again.

Otherwise we'd all be drinking magic water under Aquaman's control, and that doesn't seem right at all.

King Of The sea said:
mm's not vulnerable to magic and he still knocked him around with it
also ill say Aquamans is sort of vunerable (but he can over come it) to magic but even before his hand i saw him over come it for instence when he was inpresioned in a magic immoblizing feild in the 4 part mini series he punched his way out of it
so not all are vunerable to magic

Martian Manhunter and Superman are equally vulnerable to magic. Superman doesn't get weak around magic. He's simply as vulnerable as everyone else. So, if he's fighting Thor, then Mjolnir's enchantment of being completely indestructible means that, combined with Thor's strength, it should lay some serious hurting on Superman. Or, if he's fighting someone who is in possession of the grasscutter blade (a sword in Japanese mythology that can cut through anything), then he's going to get cut so bad that he'll wish he hadn't been cut so bad.

Ben Urich said:
I didn't even know Aquaman had super strength.
Can't he only just command fish and stuff?

Aquaman posseses vast superhuman strength, speed, and durability. At the botton of the ocean, he's constantly pushing against eight tons per square inch on his body effortlessly. He's ****ing ripped.

The Question said:
Martian Manhunter and Superman are equally vulnerable to magic. Superman doesn't get weak around magic. He's simply as vulnerable as everyone else. So, if he's fighting Thor, then Mjolnir's enchantment of being completely indestructible means that, combined with Thor's strength, it should lay some serious hurting on Superman. Or, if he's fighting someone who is in possession of the grasscutter blade (a sword in Japanese mythology that can cut through anything), then he's going to get cut so bad that he'll wish he hadn't been cut so bad.

well acording to what your saying then aquaman with his enchanted hand and his strength combined he should be able to hurt superman pretty bad

Oh.
My only exposure to Aquaman is from the Superfriends cartoon, where he was about as useful as, uh...
something crappy.

Ben Urich said:
Oh.
My only exposure to Aquaman is from the Superfriends cartoon, where he was about as useful as, uh...
something crappy.

yeah he sucked in the superfrieands cartoon and thats coming from an aquaman fan

Lots of people sucked in Super Friends. In fact, I'd be surprised if they found a character who didn't suck in Super Friends.

The Question said:
Lots of people sucked in Super Friends. In fact, I'd be surprised if they found a character who didn't suck in Super Friends.

thats the truth:up:

i need a littel help is their a way to put a sig on my posts

um also how do i change my name and how do i put an avatar up???

You need a certain amount of posts before you can get those options. I forget the specific required number though.

mike5005 said:
In a comics brawl we've seen supes overatedly beat the Hulk twice, loose to Batman, fight predator etc. Would it be a good short comic series in which Aquaman battles Superman toe to toe? Who would win & Why?
Aquaman has super speed, strength & 100 lb wieght advantage, the water, technology, etc.
Supes: Super speed, strength,land & air, 2 in hieght advantage, freezing abilities, heat vision etc.

When did Superman fight the Predator? I know he fought the Aliens from the Ridley Scott/James Cameron films, and I know Batman has fought the Predator(s), but has Superman actually fought the Predator?

Anyhow, I like Superman & Aquaman equally, but in a knock down drag out fight, I'm afraid Superman would win by virtue of his powers which, I'm sorry to say, are more developed than Aquaman's. Of course, Aquaman wouldn't go down without a fight...

Hey, can you imagine Aquaman wielding a Green Lantern power ring?

Dr. Fate said:
When did Superman fight the Predator? I know he fought the Aliens from the Ridley Scott/James Cameron films, and I know Batman has fought the Predator(s), but has Superman actually fought the Predator?

Anyhow, I like Superman & Aquaman equally, but in a knock down drag out fight, I'm afraid Superman would win by virtue of his powers which, I'm sorry to say, are more developed than Aquaman's. Of course, Aquaman wouldn't go down without a fight...

Hey, can you imagine Aquaman wielding a Green Lantern power ring?

to be honest i think it could go either way um and secoand aquaman has taken kyles ring from him while fighting him before he gave it back but still he took it

King Of The sea said:
and secoand aquaman has taken kyles ring from him while fighting him before he gave it back but still he took it
My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"