Superman VS the Hulk

Originally posted by Varient
Not gonna stoop and get personal on you like you did on me:

Bwahahahaha getting personal? Because I told you to get your head out of your ass? Please:o You're the one bringing "folk who geek on marvel" into this, in your first sentence. Like THAT was really needed:o

I'll just say that it's a cop out to say that I've disrespected the hulk simply becuase I've pointed out that weaker characters have punched faster than he, that Superman is more durable, has taken more punishment then your regeneration/invulnerability and come back to win.

No you disrepected the hulk by comparing this fight to spider-man vs god. Basically saying Hulk is less than a germ compared to superman

I've read for years and have a feel for feats,... the hulk cannot beat the current version of Superman,... period.

I've already pretty much said this bub, but its only the speed that clinches it :)

BTW,.. explain what Nightwing has to do with using a "thunderclap" against superman?

Nightwing----sonic device------superman-------painful

BTW2,... There was a comic where the Hulk and Thor had a throw down that tore up the landscape up north for weeks before the US government decided to try to end it by dropping nukes on them. Think it was the Maistro one shot.

Except that A) thor was in warrior madness in which his strength multiplies ten fold and B) Hulk wasn't trying to BEAT thor in the first place.

BTW3,... So becuase I'm saying what I am about this fight, (After going on about Surfer Whooping on Superman in a previous thread.), you want to get personal with me?

Pffft I'm just agreeing with your sig bub:)

Whatever.

:D

Superman killed somebody when it came down to him absolutely needing to do so. Never actually read it, but I know it got to him so bad he ended up leaving Earth for a while...

And your wrong about a couple of things Varient. The Thor Maestro fight didnt happen in "The Maestro one shot", theres actually no such thing. It happened in Hulk vol. 2 440, and they didnt fight for weeks, or days. And The Hulk wasnt trying to kill him or anything, he was going to fake his own death because the world needed a scape goat...And no offense man, but you dont seem to much about "feats. I think you should visit this page and read up on some of them...

http://www.comicboards.com/hulk/view.php?trd=030123045750

And as Iv said to Guyverjay in the past (and as hes rightfully said to me before) chill out a little. Its not worth arguring and getting pissy over something like a Hulk vs. Superman match up...okay? :)

Originally posted by guyverjay
sigh,..

if u can't tell the diff between me saying "folk geeking about marvel" and you telling me to pull my head out of my ass?
I can see it's a waste of convo becuase you are taking it to a personal level.

let me know if you ever want to get civil and serious at the same time,.. don't have time to get upset becuase you don't like my opinion or my signature.

Peace.

Originally posted by Mr. X
Superman killed somebody when it came down to him absolutely needing to do so. Never actually read it, but I know it got to him so bad he ended up leaving Earth for a while...

And your wrong about a couple of things Varient. The Thor Maestro fight didnt happen in "The Maestro one shot", theres actually no such thing. It happened in Hulk vol. 2 440, and they didnt fight for weeks, or days. And The Hulk wasnt trying to kill him or anything, he was going to fake his own death because the world needed a scape goat...And no offense man, but you dont seem to much about "feats. I think you should visit this page and read up on some of them...

http://www.comicboards.com/hulk/view.php?trd=030123045750

And as Iv said to Guyverjay in the past (and as hes rightfully said to me before) chill out a little. Its not worth arguring and getting pissy over something like a Hulk vs. Superman match up...okay? :)

1. I think I quantified that with "I think" on everything involving the thor / hulk fight.

I didn't get "pissy" about this,.. and was willing to go back and forth w/o getting personal.

the link you post goes to a fan of the hulk who posted a series of quotes from the book that talk about "how strong" the hulk is but very few examples of how strong he has gotten.

With all due respect - none of his feats have exceeded what You could see putting your nose in a Superman comic,.. and to be rude, some of the feats ignore too much of the reality of the materials involved.

(example - during secret wars,... unless they started on a mountain top,... at no time was the hulk supporting an entire mountain range,... at most he was supporting well below his max strength, hence "smart hulk" being able to handle it.)

It's unfortunate that his strength and durability are tied directly to his emotional state - this is his biggest weakness, that below a certain point it is possible to kill him easily.

He can be frozen, fried, gassed, drowned like anybody else if you catch him at his weakest.

The boyscout felt guilty about killing three kryptonians who had killed everyone on an alternate earth - his biggest weakness remains his issues with killing for a good reason. It will kill him some day, (hmph,... it already had.)

peace.

Originally posted by Varient
sigh,..

if u can't tell the diff between me saying "folk geeking about marvel" and you telling me to pull my head out of my ass?
I can see it's a waste of convo becuase you are taking it to a personal level.

let me know if you ever want to get civil and serious at the same time,.. don't have time to get upset becuase you don't like my opinion or my signature.

Peace.

The bottom line is it WASN'T needed. It had NO relevence what so ever and just came off (at least to me) as just another dig at the people who haven't read that much DC:o

Whether you choose to try and rebutt my arguments is up to you because I don't really care what you do:)

Good day

Im not even going to try to argue with you any longer...

Not you and me, I meant with Varient... :confused:

Its not really arguring, I just meant Im not going to follow up and try to disprove what he said or whatever...Just not in the mood...

And in JLA/AVENGERS Superman commented that Thor may have been the toughest person he had ever fought, and Superman barely came out with a victory. The Hulk has the best win loss record in the MU against Thor, he has several wins, a couple of extremly impressive ones, and minimal losses, and those losses had complications which led to them being losses. And The Hulk has shown in the past that he has the strength to knock Thor out with 3 or 4 punches, albeit extremly hard ones. And Hawkman knocked out Supes with a punch with the power of a planet. The grey hulk smashed an asteroid twice the size of a planet. And Im not necessarily bringing up the above points to show that The Hulk would win all the time, Im pretty much just trying to show that he has the potential to beat Supes, as some people seem to think Superman would take it each and every time. In my opinion, Hulk takes it 4 out of 7 times...the other 3 Superman would use his superior speed to take The Hulk out, probably knocking him out after a difficult match up, presumably not to far into the fight...

And in JLA/AVENGERS Superman commented that Thor may have been the toughest person he had ever fought, and Superman barely came out with a victory. The Hulk has the best win loss record in the MU against Thor, he has several wins, a couple of extremly impressive ones, and minimal losses, and those losses had complications which led to them being losses. And The Hulk has shown in the past that he has the strength to knock Thor out with 3 or 4 punches, albeit extremly hard ones. And Hawkman knocked out Supes with a punch with the power of a planet. The grey hulk smashed an asteroid twice the size of a planet. And Im not necessarily bringing up the above points to show that The Hulk would win all the time, Im pretty much just trying to show that he has the potential to beat Supes, as some people seem to think Superman would take it each and every time. In my opinion, Hulk takes it 4 out of 7 times...the other 3 Superman would use his superior speed to take The Hulk out, probably knocking him out after a difficult match up, presumably not to far into the fight...

I can't bring up odds becuase the "1st licks in" rules apply.

If Superman came across a "Pissed off at the planet" Hulk,.. he'd get his clocked cleaned if it started with him running into the Hulks fist.

In the same light if Supes had jumped the Hulk like he could've in Avengers/JLA while he was kicking back after trashing a city,....

Several years ago he killed 3 kryptonians. I haven't kept up with any new comics so he may have killed again.

He hasn't killed again, unless you count Doomsday, but they killed each other.

Yeah, I definitly agree with you on that Varient. As Guyverjay has said in the past, even Superman has been knocked out in 2 hits before when he wasnt expecting it, by Captain Marvel. And I remember when Doc Sampson tricked The Hulk, and then hit him with this punch that almost took his head off, knocking him out. But as you said, he totally wasnt expecting it...

But, Im going to have to disagree with what you said earlier about The Hulk being able too be killed easily when he's not angry. People have tried to drown him several times when he's at his weakest, it hasnt ever worked, not even when The Juggernaut tryed, The Hulk still got out of it. The Bi Beast tryed to fry him by boiling the blood in his body, and it almost worked, but The Hulk got out of it. Gas has been able to knock him out in the past, I'll admit that, but he can hold his breath for hours on end, which he has taken advantage of at times, that also goes into account when trying to drown him. And he's been frozen completly, blood and all before, off guard, and he's gotten out of it. As Iv said before, The Hulk literally always finds a way, no matter what...

Originally posted by Caleb
Several years ago he killed 3 kryptonians. I haven't kept up with any new comics so he may have killed again.

How did he kill them? I don't have a comics store nearby, so I can't get to read them as often as I want.

Originally posted by jonty30
How did he kill them? I don't have a comics store nearby, so I can't get to read them as often as I want.

Superman went into an alternate universe where 3 kryptonians had killed just about everyone on earth. There was no one left and Superman knew that they might one day get to his earth. So he exposed them to kryptonite. Since it was a different universe the kryptonite didn't affect him, but it killed them.

Yeah, I definitly agree with you on that Varient. As Guyverjay has said in the past, even Superman has been knocked out in 2 hits before when he wasnt expecting it, by Captain Marvel. And I remember when Doc Sampson tricked The Hulk, and then hit him with this punch that almost took his head off, knocking him out. But as you said, he totally wasnt expecting it...

But, Im going to have to disagree with what you said earlier about The Hulk being able too be killed easily when he's not angry. People have tried to drown him several times when he's at his weakest, it hasnt ever worked, not even when The Juggernaut tryed, The Hulk still got out of it. The Bi Beast tryed to fry him by boiling the blood in his body, and it almost worked, but The Hulk got out of it. Gas has been able to knock him out in the past, I'll admit that, but he can hold his breath for hours on end, which he has taken advantage of at times, that also goes into account when trying to drown him. And he's been frozen completly, blood and all before, off guard, and he's gotten out of it. As Iv said before, The Hulk literally always finds a way, no matter what...

Didn't Wolverine take out the Hulk once?

Never really taken him down, per say. When he fought Wolverine in Hulk. 340, he was Grey, and Wolverine literally just about cut his heart out. Hulk healed, and was about to have another go at Wolverine when the fight got stopped. Wolverine once stabbed The Hulk in the eyes, but he healed up fast...

Superman made them suffer instead of killing them quickly and painlessly:o

In the end of Dark Knight Strikes again I believe he might of killed some people. He did blow up a couple of those fighter plane things...I know its not continuity, just felt like bringing it up...

Never really taken him down, per say. When he fought Wolverine in Hulk. 340, he was Grey, and Wolverine literally just about cut his heart out. Hulk healed, and was about to have another go at Wolverine when the fight got stopped. Wolverine once stabbed The Hulk in the eyes, but he healed up fast...
again though, when you mention that, Grey Hulk was calm and was not expecting it. Many a time Hulk has been taken down when not expecting it. Wolvie slashed the Hulks eyes and took them out but they grew back, recently Hawkeye shot the Hulk in the eyes and the arrows actually broke when they hit. So basically when the Hulk is ready, he can take pretty much anything. Gas and not ready are the two biggest vulnerabilities he has.

As for Varient, it was me that said Grey Hulk stands the best chance of beating Supes and I stick to that. He has the weakest base strength (75 tons) when compared to the Green and Merged Hulk's, but he still has unlimited strength, not to mention a really really bad attitude, like Mr X mentioned look what he did to that wrestler that called himself "the incredible Hulk". So technically he is not the weakest. And he is tough as hell. I believe his encounter with Cosmic Spidey was mentioned? The Captain Universe power, increases the strength of the wielder by a factor of 50. So if you do the math Class 10 x 50 = Class 500.

Anybody else would have been killed after taking a blow like that. Hulk not only survived, but if Im not mistaken still was conscious when he was up in orbit.

Superman's main advantage IMO are his ability to fly and Super Speed, other than that like guvey said, Hulk would pummel Superman to a pulp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"