Superman, why don't you stop sitting on the fence !

Last comment on this fool.

I'm thirty years old, sucka, I will write,talk and act any way I choose to, sucka, because my experience and my English degree tell me I'm more than qualified, Sucka!

If you don't like it you can always eat a bowl of testicles, *****!

On topic:
(Concerns on ANYONE'S stand on what religion may have to do with the topic ASIDE.)

Is it agreed and accepted by all that for the reasons of:
Canoned raising of Clark Kent,
The need for the Publishers of Superman to remain relatable to "real world" events,
And the FACT that there wouldn't be much of a story if Superman was running the entire show?

Is Why He doesn't take over?

V

I think it's because

1. Running things would make him The Authority

2. DC Comics hates The Authority, therefore

3. Superman doesn't run ****.

Also, allowing Superman to address and combat systemic injustices and power imbalances in a meaningful way (which is to say, something deeper than "THROES NOOKS IN TEH SUN, LOLZ") would result in unflattering portrayals of (among other things) large business organizations. And as it happens, Superman is the copyrighted work of just such a large business organization! Successful organizations not typically being in the habit of portraying themselves as contributors to injustice, it is unlikely that we will see Superman developed in this direction.

Anyway its not like superman can just walk in and take over the world is he so powerful that the entire earth DC heroes rosta couldnt beat him?

It's possible. He does hold back a lot. If he took out certain people quickly, he might stand a chance. But that could be said about anybody really.

Anyway its not like superman can just walk in and take over the world is he so powerful that the entire earth DC heroes rosta couldnt beat him?

No that can't happen either. Superman may be the strongest DCU hero, but he can't go up against the entire roster. There's magic heroes: Zatanna, Dr. Fate, the Phantom Stranger, Zatara, Alan Scott, and others, Superman is weak against magic. There are other Kryptonians, Supergirl, Power Girl, and the Earth-22 Superman. The Green Lanterns could probably get in and posess a challenge to Superman. Plus Batman and Nightwing posess Kryptonite and they'd probably get Lex Luthor on board who posesses the vast majority of Kryptonite.

II'll admit im a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to this perspective, but most comedians making racist jokes aren't actually racist.
I disagree.

yahman said:
Any way it wasn't a direct bash at theism in its entirety, just the God of clasical theism which the origanl post was referring to.
Still a closed-minded, unproductive way of looking at spirituality. It's important to keep in mind that everyone's answer to the theological question is going to be different--but that doesn't make anyone wrong. It makes them different. This isn't like science, where there's a right and wrong answer. This is philosophy, which means that however much I might despise someone else's viewpoint, I have to respect it as a valid one, and one that is true for them, even as I may work to change their mind.

Before I get worked up bothering to respond here someone remind me - yahman is actually celldog, right?
Celldog is Memphis Slim now. You'll notice that yahman appears to be sort of your classic extreme-left/extreme-right skinhead hybrid (you run into these guys in England a lot), while Cellslim is just a dumb mother****er who's completely bought into the most ridiculous dogmas of vanilla conservatism and vanilla Christianity.

Um, I mean, he has valid viewpoints that I am actively working to change.

my English degree
Oh no, I wish you hadn't said that. Now we can never really be friends.

Wait, don't you hate morals? Why are you in a conversation about morals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"