SUPERNATURAL Season 8! - Part 1

I'm fine with that, and that's really the way it should be. I don't need it to become Supernatural's version of the Justice League. But having a few trusted associates couldn't hurt. I wasn't a fan of the systematic death or removal of the previous band of associates the boys had organically built up.

It didn't bother me so much in season 5 as it served the purpose of **** getting real.

I know it would never happen, but I've kind of fallen in love with the idea of a spin off series set in the 1970s, set in an alternate timeline where Henry was able to raise John, with John and Mary as partners in a Moonlighting kind of situation. Total pipe dream, I know, but it seems so absolutely cool in my head.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a Supernatural's " Justice League ", with the Winchesters, Kevin, Caz, Garth, Benny, the Jewish Guy and the Golem. I just got my cousin into the series, and he's been watching past episodes on Netflix. He said he likes it, but the tone has changed. He said season 1-5 was creepy like X-files, and 6-to the present has a kinda Ghostbusters vibe to it.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed all of it. I just wish they would let up on the angst. Sam and Dean are both in their 30s at this point. Act like mature adults and put the petty bulls*** aside, for crying out loud. Trust each other. I'm really, really hoping the fact that Sam and Dean both gave up outside concerns and chose to stay with each other midway through this season means they'll move beyond the trust issues and infighting. Granted, it's still there to some degree with the trials thing, but I'm actually liking that take on it because it's something of a reversal from the norm, with Sam being the grown-up and Dean being forced to recognize him as such.

Honestly, that idea Corpulent, should've been placed in season six, especially after Dean letting Sam go to freaking Hell in "Swan Song", lol. It's like seasons six and seven just stalled the characters and only continued the bigger picture while season eight is moving steadily on the bigger picture while finally making Sam and Dean grow up. Sara Gamble is a fantastic writer, but was such a horrible showrunner.

I've enjoyed all of it. I just wish they would let up on the angst. Sam and Dean are both in their 30s at this point. Act like mature adults and put the petty bulls*** aside, for crying out loud. Trust each other. I'm really, really hoping the fact that Sam and Dean both gave up outside concerns and chose to stay with each other midway through this season means they'll move beyond the trust issues and infighting. Granted, it's still there to some degree with the trials thing, but I'm actually liking that take on it because it's something of a reversal from the norm, with Sam being the grown-up and Dean being forced to recognize him as such.

It comes off less as mistrust to me, and more like they are trying to martyr themselves for each other

Wed episode was surprisingly good. I loved the Familiar and James. This season has introduced great characters I wish we would get to see more of. I like how they showed that aside from saving lives the boys are actually indirectly responsible for the aftermath of the ones they saved. But I really wish the boys would make up their minds on saving monsters and killing them.

"Amy has to go!" "The witch Don and his gf are too strong so they're cool!" "Kate can walk." "Benny is my friend!" "We have to kill James the witch cop even though we don't even know what he did yet." Its like they're just arguing to argue. I'm surprised they haven't argued about killing Cas.

Wed episode was surprisingly good. I loved the Familiar and James. This season has introduced great characters I wish we would get to see more of. I like how they showed that aside from saving lives the boys are actually indirectly responsible for the aftermath of the ones they saved. But I really wish the boys would make up their minds on saving monsters and killing them.

"Amy has to go!" "The witch Don and his gf are too strong so they're cool!" "Kate can walk." "Benny is my friend!" "We have to kill James the witch cop even though we don't even know what he did yet." Its like they're just arguing to argue. I'm surprised they haven't argued about killing Cas.

Didn't they right before he opened purgatory and let out leviathon

Didn't they right before he opened purgatory and let out leviathon

They talked about it and then Sam did try to kill Cas. Sam stabbed him with the angel blade after he opened purgatory.

I also wanna comment on how exciting the witch fight was for some reason. Why the angel fights can never be this good is beyond me.

Yeah, considering they have the power to essentially manipulate reality, travel through space and time and are lovecraftian being who exist on a higher plane, you'd think a clash between two of them would decimate a city at least.

Honestly, that idea Corpulent, should've been placed in season six, especially after Dean letting Sam go to freaking Hell in "Swan Song", lol. It's like seasons six and seven just stalled the characters and only continued the bigger picture while season eight is moving steadily on the bigger picture while finally making Sam and Dean grow up. Sara Gamble is a fantastic writer, but was such a horrible showrunner.

Eh. Seems a bit excessive... 6 and 7 were far from great, but they were still watchable. It can't be easy to start leading the charge on some else's creation.

Probably because Carver had experience running a show with Being Human.

Like ShredderX mentioned they are saving up more supernatural allies for Sam and Dean, the Golem, Kate the werewolf, Benny, James and his Familiar. THey are definitely rebuilding their universe.

Like ShredderX mentioned they are saving up more supernatural allies for Sam and Dean, the Golem, Kate the werewolf, Benny, James and his Familiar. THey are definitely rebuilding their universe.

Exactly. Gamble was evidently Kripke's 2nd in command while he was there, but she had no prior showrunning experience.

Just caught the episode with James and his familiar Porsha. Damn, she was hot. I kinda like these Supernatural " Super hero " team ups so to speak. So far this season has been pretty good.

thats kinda cool never thought about it they have a golem,vampire,werewolf,and a witch as thier allies now:yay:

I wouldn't say that the werewolf was an ally, after all they've never spoken to her since her turning and would probably have ganked her if they had run into her.

"Gank." I kind of hate that word. I know it's in-character for them to use it, but I just hate the sound of it. I kind of wince every time they use it in the show, which is a lot.

I don't really see how that means anything, tbh. Gamble gave the brothers really nothing while only focusing on the bigger picture, thus not giving the brothers more depth which is what Kripke focused on as much as the villains' endgames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"