Supreme Court to consider D.C. handgun ban

Seriously its a cultural thing. There isn't really a point arguing about gun control with americans its to ingrained in their history/culture. I'm not put any american down I'm just saying that to europeans unless your hunting or what ever they don't really have a big gun loving culture.

Although I really don't understand the whole we need guns arguement. Its obvious you need guns because everyone else has guns. At the end of the day its up to people but I can sleep safe in my home and walk through the streets and not feel the need to carry or own a deadly weapon.

I agree wholeheartidly. Its a cultural thing. Its so heavily ingrained in the culture that alot of americans can't see the problem.

I just wish people were willing to admit that yes, the desire for people to keep guns around is more to do with American history and culture than it is to do with actually protecting oneself.

[/font][/size][/color]This seems right to you? That kids at school SHOULD be allowed to have guns in the interests of security?

I hope you didn't throw your back out with this giant load of bulls***.

They were college students that had rifles in their cars. If they leagally owned the guns and the school had some sort of safety program set up, I wouldn't see it as a huge deal but I could definitley see where others would have a problem with it. My point was to show that guns aren't just used by evil people, in this instance they were used to combat evil people.

And yes the second part was a load of ****. I was trying to match with something as ridiculous as Kainedamo saying "For every child that has accidentally blown his head off in the US, the blame lies with guys like you." My back is cool though I rubbed some bengay on it and it loosened up. :cwink:

The ban will be shot down. The current Supreme Court is fairly conservative.

If it does pass it would be interesting to see if they'll be some vigilante action going on, citizens taking out predators before they can strike or mid-strike.

I've been thinking I need a gun, I've been feeling really freaked out lately. I'll just get a good security system in the home.

If it does pass it would be interesting to see if they'll be some vigilante action going on, citizens taking out predators before they can strike or mid-strike.

I've been thinking I need a gun, I've been feeling really freaked out lately. I'll just get a good security system in the home.

Tzarinna, it wouldn't be bad to purchase one just in case. I didn't have any guns for a long time then I figured I would rather have it and not use it than not have it and need it. The first gun I purchased was a security shotgun. You can pick them up on sale at your local sporting good store for 250-300. But its up to you. I'm glad I bought it though.

I don't know. I just worry that I might kill one of the cats by accident. :csad: It may just be moving into a new house and there being way too many access points that has me a little on edge.
Security system ftw.

I don't know. I just worry that I might kill one of the cats by accident. :csad: It may just be moving into a new house and there being way too many access points that has me a little on edge.
Security system ftw.

Just put a flashlight on the shotgun, then you can see whats in front of you. Security shotgun and ADT ftw; ultimate protection. :cwink:

I'm american but even I can understand the ban on guns. If you shoot someone in self defense you are going to jail so it's kind of moot to own one. You might as well fight the temptation and get rid of it. I don't know, I just dont see the point of having one if you don't work in law enforcement.

I'm american but even I can understand the ban on guns. If you shoot someone in self defense you are going to jail so it's kind of moot to own one. You might as well fight the temptation and get rid of it. I don't know, I just dont see the point of having one if you don't work in law enforcement.

Thats not true. I know a lot of people that think that too but I found out from officers that, that is not the case. If someone breaks your property line and has any type of weapon and coming toward you, you have every right to use lethal force. Its self defense, believe me I live in California and its still considered self defense. The reason I own one is because I will not take the chance of someone breaking into my house and threatening my family while I wait for the cops.

Right, wrong or indifferent it's in the constitution and Americans won't be giving up their handguns anytime soon.

What you guys need to start recognising is that was the past. Times have changed. Too many guns are in the hands of too many of the wrong people because the gun industry has become an absolute monster. Paranoid hicks walking around with a gun under their belt and letting it fall into the hands of children is not what the constitution was meant for. Honest citizens having their guns stolen and then used for crime is not what it was meant for. It is now time to recognise that the guns don't have the same meaning that they once had, and they are a negative on the society rather than a positive.

If thats what people are gonna keep clinging to, then the Constitution needs to be ammended to fit closer with these modern times.

Here's the problem with your statement, if saying the Second Amendment is out of date, who's to stop us from saying that any other part of the Constitution is out of date. Maybe Freedom of Speech and the Press is out of date too.

And comming from a family of gun owners, and friend to many gun owners, I see absolutely no reason at all to make it harder for law abiding citizens, notice how I put the emphasis of law abiding, to be prohibited from owning firearms for collections, hunting, sport, protection, etc.

There's a difference between reasonable gun control, requiring safeties, background checks, forbidding felons from owning a gun, banning certain types of weapons from being owned, taking gun safety courses, etc.; and just out right banning them.

Security system ftw.

Honestly it all comes down to common sense. Make sure the safety is on, make sure that none of the cats are in the way, and keep it in a safe place instead of someplace random that can be easily accessed to.

Honestly it all comes down to common sense. Make sure the safety is on, make sure that none of the cats are in the way, and keep it in a safe place instead of someplace random that can be easily accessed to.

I'm sure the cats will be out of the way if some strange person breaks in. I think my concern is more if I wake up startled and mistake one of the cats for an intruder in mid slumber.....time is an issue..if I were to hesitate for too long I'd be more than ****ed if I don't give off a shot and trying to remember to unlock a gun while someone is standing over my head....okay.

The ban will be shot down. The current Supreme Court is fairly conservative.
Mmm... I don't know...
Since the language is "Congress shall make no law..." I'm thinking that this will be seen as a State's Rights issue and be upheld.

What's incredibly funny about this entire "debate" is that we are inundated with the NEGATIVE stats but NEVER hear of the old ladies who keep badguys out of their houses or the coeds who stop the rapists BECAUSE they have guns. It's REALLY funny when people from countries the size of a postage stamp think that just because they live in a city where a Cop is always relatively close that the whole world is like that. Idiots.

Were I to call the police, it would take a minimum of 45 minutes to reach me.
I damn well better have a gun if the badguy does. Pretty simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"