SW force awakens or SW new hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
So I have seen people say that SW force awakens is just a copy and past of new hope. So I was wondering witch one do you think is better new hope or force awakens? For me its force awakens and its not even close. The first time I say force awakens and I thought it was just new hope 2.0 but after seeing it a second time it is not just a copy and past and is a much better movie.

This isn't even remotely close. A New Hope is far better in nearly every way. It is one of the greatest movies of all time.

A New Hope and by a landslide.

These aren't comic book movies.

ANH is a classic but I'd rather watch TFA again if given a choice.

ANH. It tied up almost all loose ends and answered most questions wheras TFA while great had so much left for sequels

Remake better than original? Happens very seldom...

A New Hope - by far!

Every copy (in The Force Awakens) is worse than the original from A New Hope.
And even the same pieces, like Leia, Han Solo and Co. are less interesting.

A New Hope is a masterpiece - The Force Awakens is just a bad remake (from this movie)

TFA, more visual effect and more action

NH, classic and more drama

so i choose TFA

I love New Hope, but it isn't even my favorite of the OT. It's tough, but TFA edges it out by a little bit.
1. ESB
2. TFA
3. New Hope

Very tough. On one hand, ANH deserves points because of how groundbreaking it was, but purely on a standalone basis, I'd have to go with TFA, I just feel it was a better film as a whole.

Remake better than original? Happens very seldom...

A New Hope - by far!

Every copy (in The Force Awakens) is worse than the original from A New Hope.
And even the same pieces, like Leia, Han Solo and Co. are less interesting.

A New Hope is a masterpiece - The Force Awakens is just a bad remake (from this movie)

I don't find awakens to be a remake and it is better in just about ever way. Better action, more funny but with not being goofy and a better over all cast. New hope is a great movie all 3 of the old star wars are great movies but new hope I find to be overrated.

Very tough. On one hand, ANH deserves points because of how groundbreaking it was, but purely on a standalone basis, I'd have to go with TFA, I just feel it was a better film as a whole.

ANH was more groundbreaking for its time but key world for its time because over all TFA is the better movie just not a break though movie.

we do have a SW forum you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"