C. Lee

Superherohype Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Starring:
Jang Dong-Gun, Won Bin, and Lee Eun-Joo

Director:
Kang Je-Gyu

This follows 2 Korean brothers as they are caught up in the Korean War (1950-1953) and shows how their lives and country is torn apart by the conflict.

The DVD came out yesterday (I watched it last night)...it is a must see movie. Extreme (and I DO mean EXTREME) violence and graphic depiction of battle scenes.

I have recently watched a couple of other movies made in Korea (Yesterday and 2009 Lost Memories)....and I am very impressed with the films coming out of there now.

Has anyone else seen any of these movies?

Brought it two weeks ago, and absolutely loved it. The movie cost 14 millions, and it sure beat nearly any american war movies from the last few years.

thesaintofkille said:
Brought it two weeks ago, and absolutely loved it. The movie cost 14 millions, and it sure beat nearly any american war movies from the last few years.
Yeah...that's one of the things that blew me away. I watched the making of stuff on the DVD...and was surprised to see how little it cost (10 times the destruction of Saving Private Ryan for 1/10 the cost).

Jackie Chan says the same thing of american big budget movies.
All the catering, the trailers, all those completely stupid things some "stars" ask for, oh yeah, and their RIDICULOUS salaries?
No need for any of that.

TheSaintofKillers said:
Measly in terms of Hollywood budgets but it was the most expensive Korean movie made at the time. But the ROI was well worth it for the investors considering it smashed all sorts of box office records (although some have been surpassed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"