Take a Stand? Unique and exciting sponsorship

Retroman

Avenger
Reaction score
Was browsing the web when i spotted this new story/press release on Cambridge Network.co.uk of a great initiative in the UK. Probably the best and most meaningfull promotional effort so far anywhere.

clipimage0024tv.jpg

20th Century Fox and Beatbullying Joint Promotion Opportunity.
Corporate UK Takes A Stand!

What is Take A Stand?

Take A Stand is an innovative and ground breaking corporate social responsibility campaign which empowers young people to Take A Stand against bullying, discrimination and injustice.
20th Century Fox and Beatbullying have joined together to launch Take A Stand in association with X Men The Last Stand.

The campaign launches at the beginning of May and includes exciting events at the premiere of X MEN The Last Stand at the end of May. The campaign includes a huge celebrity endorsed media education campaign, where thousands of young people from across the UK will pledge to Take A Stand, a literature, on-line and SMS information campaign, an interactive Beatbullying / XMEN web site, a charity merchandising product range, a Take A Stand CD single launched in early June and a series of high profile media events with media partners from across all sectors.

Every pound raised from Take A Stand will be donated to Beatbullying to help them continue to change the lives of the thousands of children across the country being bullied today!

About Beatbullying:

“this is the beginning of something that can change the UK…. Beatbullying are an innovative and far reaching charity and example of the best in 21st century charities”, Rt. Honourable. Gordon Brown, Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Currently Charity of the Year and Children’s Charity of the Year Beatbullying empowers young people to lead anti-bullying campaigns in their schools and local communities, and builds the capacity of local communities to sustain the work. Beatbullying have directly worked with 500,000+ young people over the last 3 years, assisting and supporting youngsters that are being bullied and preventing bullying in schools and communities. Every pound raised from Take A Stand will be donated to Beatbullying to help them continue to change the lives of the thousands of children across the country being bullied today. For more information about Beatbullying please log onto www.beatbullying.org or to view our web portal for young people log onto www.bbclic.com

About 20th Century Fox and X MEN: Take A Stand

20th Century Fox have produced 4 of the 5 highest grossing films of all time. XMEN is the second highest grossing trilogy of all time.

In "X-MEN: The Last Stand," the final chapter in the "X-MEN" motion picture trilogy, a "cure" for mutancy threatens to alter the course of history. For the first time, mutants have a choice: retain their uniqueness, though it isolates and alienates them, or give up their powers and become human. The opposing viewpoints of mutant leaders Charles Xavier, who preaches tolerance, and Magneto, who believes in the survival of the fittest, are put to the ultimate test. To view the trailer log onto:

http://www.x-menthelaststand.com/

The Take A Stand campaign will translate the uniqueness of the individual, being proud to be different and tolerance and justice into the everyday struggle that young people live with to protect themselves from being bullied and taking a stand against bullying and discrimination.

Benefits to sponsors and corporate partners

•Your brand needs to be associated with one of the biggest grossing film trilogies of all time. Millions of children and young adults have seen the film, X MEN: The Last Stand will be even bigger, and your brand needs to be part of the frenzy of publicity that will come out of Take A Stand.
•However you decide to get involved, your brand will have complete exclusivity within its sector.
•This CSR deal has been hailed as the most innovative and pioneering partnership to date, (
•A tranche of celebrities and talent from the film are backing this campaign and will all be making appearances at launches and other events or making filmed “pledges”. Ensuring your brand is associated with a huge public awareness campaign that is running for a minimum of 10 weeks and all with the power of celebrity endorsement.
•Take A Stand will feature and be linked to and from the XMEN global web site
•Take A Stand, X MEN: The Last Stand, 20th Century Fox, and Beatbullying intellectual property will be made available to partners and sponsors for use on associated press, PR and on-line material (this will be provided in tool kit form)
•Partner and sponsor logos, info and material will appear on all Take A Stand material, on-line and at all press and PR events.
•Where appropriate sponsor and partner logos will appear on SMS wallpapers, ring tones and video clips down loads.
•Beatbullying’s credentials ensure it continues to be one of the strongest and perhaps the most innovative charity brands in the UK.
•Beatbullying has a strong history of hugely successful charity merchandising campaigns: To date 2.5 million Beatbullying blue wrist bands are being worn by young people across the UK. A further 400,000 Blue Friday Wrist bands for Anti-Bullying Week were sold by Beatbullying last November. Associating your brand with the very best in British charities will ensure you meet all your CSR responsibilities.
•Beatbullying bullying prevention web portal for young people www.bbclic.com has received 14 million hits since its launch in October 2004. An average of 175,000+ young people log onto Beatbullying’s web site every month. BB also has a constant on-line dialogue with 25,000 schools all waiting to Take A Stand and have your brand showcased to them.
•This campaign will be award winning Beatbullying feels your brand is ripe for a CSR partnership deal award!!!

Summary of sponsorship opportunities:

Principle sponsorship partner

“20th Century Fox’s corporate social responsibility partnership with current charity of the year Beatbullying is a pioneering, innovative and break through relationship for both the corporate and charitable sectors” (Promotions Buyer)

Principle partnership status would ensure that your brand joined the Take A Stand campaign with Beatbullying and 20th Century Fox / X MEN The Last Stand as full partners. Your brand would be unified with the whole concept and campaign. Full access to intellectual property, primary status in relation to the on-line, product and SMS campaign, the on-film celebrity endorsement and a significant presence to all media and publicity events. The premiere will be fab don’t forget!

Merchandising

Take A Stand merchandising will include Dog Tags, Wrist bands, tattoo transfers, Mobile jewelry and will sell on-line at www.TAKEASTAND.org and by SMS. Corporate sponsors will have the opportunity to enclose their Take A Stand / brand promotional material in the packages sent out to young people and their families.
Sponsors and corporate partners can sponsor all merchandise or choose just one piece.
Example- Dog Tag

Principle Sponsor of the Take A Stand web site:
“The Webby Awards honor the outstanding web sites that are setting the standards for the internet," said Tiffany Shlain, Creative Director and founder of The Webby Awards, The www.bbclic.com [Beatbullying web site for young people] Webby Award short list nomination is a testament to the skill, ingenuity, and vision of its creators”.

Sponsor a competition or donate Take A Stand prizes

Beatbullying and 20th Century Fox will work closely with a sponsor to design a bespoke competition. Which will be publicised via the Take A Stand web site, by SMS and at a constant stream of media events during the campaign. You may want to just donate some of your products which can act as prizes for the thousands of young people that will enter Take A Stand competitions. We are also hiding 4 giant silver X’s in 4 randomly selected merchandise packs. Those lucky winners will receive a mind blowing prize. You may want to sponsor or donate!

Corporate Social Responsibility donations

“Beatbullying has generated an overwhelming response from young people who have said enough is enough. By making a stand, young people have shown their determination to stand by their friends and beat bullying in their schools”, (Stephen Twigg Minister for Schools June 2005.
Beatbullying understands that some corporates and businesses prefer to Take A Stand against bullying and discrimination using other mechanisms. With this in mind we have set up a bespoke corporate social responsibility shop at www.TAKEASTAND.org . There you can very simply assist and support young people who are suffering the fear and indignity of being bullied by donating and actually measuring / understanding just how many young people you and your company are supporting.

Advertise on www.TAKEASTAND.org

Pop ups, banners and mirror sites all available to partners and sponsors.

Be creative with us!

You know your brand you know how could fit into this groundbreaking campaign as a charity known for its innovation we are open to all and any brilliant ideas.

To discuss this fantastic promotional opportunity please contact
Emma-Jane Cross: t/ 0208 771 3888 e/ [email protected]
John Quinn: t/ 0208 768 1020 e/ [email protected]
Peter Jones: t/ 0208 768 1010 e/ [email protected]
Beatbullying: 77 -79 Church Road, London SE19 2TA: www.beatbullying.org
Registered Charity No 1097631

Rate Card
Principle sponsorship partner £30,000- £50,000
Merchandising £10,000 - £15,000
Sponsor a competition £5,000 - £7,500
Advertise on www.TAKEASTAND.org £3,000 - £7,000

Source (The link is temporarily not working for some reason): http://www.cambridgenetwork.co.uk/pooled/articles/BF_NEWSART/view.asp?Q=BF_NEWSART_195877

Download the full press release that was up on the site here (Word File and Powerpoint file): http://www.cambridgenetwork.co.uk/SITE/UPLOAD/DOCUMENT/Sponsorship_pack_Take_A_Stand_BB_and_Fox.doc
http://www.cambridgenetwork.co.uk/SITE/UPLOAD/DOCUMENT/BB_Xmen.ppt

Now that's doing something usefull with all the attention X3 is getting :up:

BTW Retro you seen any spots on Ducth tv yet ??

Roma said:
Now that's doing something usefull with all the attention X3 is getting :up:

BTW Retro you seen any spots on Ducth tv yet ??
It's fantastic:up:

I've only seen MI3, Ice Age 2, The Wild and Memoirs of Geisha spots in the past few weeks. Nothing for X3:down

I hope they start soon and hope Famke comes here.

Retroman said:
It's fantastic:up:

I've only seen MI3, Ice Age 2, The Wild and Memoirs of Geisha spots in the past few weeks. Nothing for X3:down

I hope they start soon and hope Famke comes here.

Will she be coming ???

They haven't even shown the trailer in the cinema yet.

Great find, Retro. This should be a great promotion to the movie. ;)

Roma said:
Will she be coming ???

They haven't even shown the trailer in the cinema yet.
Well i hope so. Since she last came here to promote X2 there has been a considerable growth in the amount of new talkshows, entertainment programmes etc. Surely one of them will invite her to come?! Or do we have to deal with more Rebecca Loos on tv (for example)?

Retroman said:
Well i hope so. Since she last came here to promote X2 there has been a considerable growth in the amount of new talkshows, entertainment programmes etc. Surely one of them will invite her to come?! Or do we have to deal with more Rebecca Loos on tv (for example)?

Eww, don't say that name, they actually gave her a presenting gig.

But your right, she'll probably end up in Jensen :p

can somebody summarize the first post im too lazy to read.yawns...

Roma said:
Eww, don't say that name, they actually gave her a presenting gig.

But your right, she'll probably end up in Jensen :p
When that happened i really questioned the sanity of the tv bosses. Which i often do.

If Famke comes here she'll probably do the usual round Boulevard, ET Live, Show Nieuws too.

Retroman said:
When that happened i really questioned the sanity of the tv bosses. Which i often do.

If Famke comes here she'll probably do the usual round Boulevard, ET Live, Show Nieuws too.

Same here, when I think of tv bosses I always think: rerun anyone ?? :p
Dutch tv aint all that at the moment.

Roma said:
Same here, when I think of tv bosses I always think: rerun anyone ?? :p
Dutch tv aint all that at the moment.
I agree. cough*Talpa*cough:p

wow, good promotion and for a worthy cause too.

The bullying issue is very big over here with many beat bullying campaigns that really are getting the message across. No doubt this will reach a younger audience and id expect to see news stories on this on CBBC Newsround and the website.

Excellent idea!! Great marketing initiative!

Just wondering, did the first 2 movies ever promote a cause like X3's doing?

No, I don't think so. This is brilliant promotion

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"