Tales of Two-Face

Victarion

Iron Captain
Reaction score
I've read both The Long Halloween and Dark Victory. Two-Face has become one of my favorite rogues now. What other comics are recommended for a Two-Face fan?

Batman annual #14 from 1990(!!!!!!!) a great retelling of Two-Face's origin

250px-Batmanannual14.png

The 1 Year Later arc with him was pretty cool.
Face the Face.

Hush is also a good Harvey/Two Face story I guess. Loeb kind of ties off his storyline of him that he set up through TLH and DV. (though in Hush, Harvey is pretty much a minor character)

they did one recently that made me think more about Two Face...I think It was called jackal and Hyde but yeah It tell he had a brother

Hush is also a good Harvey/Two Face story I guess. Loeb kind of ties off his storyline of him that he set up through TLH and DV. (though in Hush, Harvey is pretty much a minor character)

Harvey appears in Hush for like 5 pages. He's not even a minor character. Two-Face is a tick in Hush. This is pretty much a breakdown of his appearances.

--------------------------

"I flip coin. Good thing I occupy entire page spread. Jim Lee is great artist."

----------------------------

"Hey, Joker. I'm going to take off my bandages even though you already know who I am."

Joker: "I already know who you are, but why would I be more afraid of you with your face fixed than it looking like Igor's back warts? Yet, I'm frightened!"

"Hey, Jimbo. It's just you and me...in your room...in the middle of the night. So what'll it be?"

Jimbo: "I have a gun."

"Wow, this fireworks spectacle looks great from the bridge. But in about 2 more pages I'm going to disappear entirely from this story arc without a reason as to why I got plastic surgery or why it matters whether I legally got my license to sue people again."

Jimbo: "I have a gun."

If you want a great Two-Face story, check out a highly underrated one-shot called "Batman/Two-Face: Crime and Punishment". A great little story that delves into Two-Face's character and motivations.

^ One of the most underrated Two-Face stories of the 90's.

Back when Batman Forever was abouit to be released DC published two Batman one shots. One with The Riddler and the other with Two-Face. I bought them both for about 5 bucks a piece liking the Two-Face one better. I still re-read it from time to time.

batmantwofacecap.jpg

'Half a Life', reprinted in Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told, is pretty sweet. He is the villain in 'A Lonely Place of Dying', Tim Drake's debut as Robin. Which reminds me... 'Robin: Year One', which outlines Dick Grayson coming up against Harvey .

I like both, I can't choose between them. I even like TAS version.

I liked how TAS made it so that Dent had problems even before his scarring. However, the chemical explosion was a tad bit cliche. I would also have liked it if his scarred face was red, but I guess broadcast limitations don't allow that.

I liked how TAS made it so that Dent had problems even before his scarring. However, the chemical explosion was a tad bit cliche. I would also have liked it if his scarred face was red, but I guess broadcast limitations don't allow that.

Yeah, the scarring should been in a courtroom he's a DA after all.

Yeah, the scarring should been in a courtroom he's a DA after all.

I agree. Courtroom + Peptobismol = Two-Face

I hope Nolan does this in TDK. I'm pretty sure he will...I mean, I hope he will...will he?

I agree. Courtroom + Peptobismol = Two-Face

I hope Nolan does this in TDK. I'm pretty sure he will...I mean, I hope he will...will he?

I think I read that the general outline for the next two movies will go something like this:

In TDK Dent, Bats, and Gordon will bring the Joker to justice, and the Joker will scar dent with acid (probably on trial). Then the next one will be about Two Face. I could be wrong, but I think that's how I read it. If someone wants to correct me, feel free.

I think I read that the general outline for the next two movies will go something like this:

In TDK Dent, Bats, and Gordon will bring the Joker to justice, and the Joker will scar dent with acid (probably on trial). Then the next one will be about Two Face. I could be wrong, but I think that's how I read it. If someone wants to correct me, feel free.

I already knew that, I was just making sure. But there's been some confusion whether Maroni or Joker will scar Dent.

Nolan has to use Maroni scaring Dent
if they are bringing him in TDK.

Nolan has to use Maroni scaring Dent
if they are bringing him in TDK.
I preferred the way it was done in EOTB than in TLH, I have to say. His motivation for scarring Dent was clearer, IMO.

I remember a good one in one of the Black and White volumes, I think it was written and drawn by Dini and Timm.

I remember a good one in one of the Black and White volumes, I think it was written and drawn by Dini and Timm.
Yes, in Black and White Vol 1. It was a Dini/Timm story, with themes they couldn't have explored in TAS. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

It was called "Two of a Kind", and was also included in the book Batman The Complete History, by Les Daniels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"