quick question involving Two Face.............

DarkKnight85

Civilian
Reaction score
I am looking for some good quality two face stories to read. I have already read the long halloween, the dark victory, and face the face. I was curious if there was anything else out there. I was particularly thinking about the comic in which......................SPOILERS.......................................

.......................Two face captures his father, and towards the end he tries to committ suicide. I don't even know the name of this book so if someone knows, it would be apprecited.

Pick up the graphic novel Gotham Central: Half a Life. It contains two very excellent Two-Face stories, regarding his relationship with Detective Renee Montoya. Also, the first story is really cool, because it goes over the idea, of what would happen if Two-Face constantly flipped good heads all the time, instead of bad heads. Good stuff.

Hmm that Gotham Central sounds promising. I'll have to look into that. Also i did more searching and i think the name of the book i previously described is Batman: Two Face Crime and Punishment. If anyone has read this and has any opion about it please post, because i called my local comic shop and they have it on hold for me for 5 bucks.

That's not a bad price for a graphic novel at all. It must be an older graphic novel then, from the era when graphics weren't as big of business to the industry. And you should certainly check out Gotham Central. I am not sure if the book is still running, but it is a fantastic take on the DCU and Gotham in particular, from the standpoint of everyday people. It is sort of like Marvels I don't know if you've heard of that story, but it's good stuff. I want to say Brubaker wrote it..him or Busiek...but the art is done by Alex Ross. This I know for a fact. Anyways, Gotham Central is akin to that, in terms of theme. It's a great book for comic fans and especially Batman fans. Not to mention, Greg Rucka writes it. That man is a genius.

Busiek was the one who wrote Marvels. Brubaker wrote some of Gotham Central.

In any case, if you can find it, I'd suggest Faces by Matt Wagner. It came out in the early ninties in Legends of the Dark Knight. It's not in continuity, but it's pretty good. And, for me at least, Wagner's art is always a treat.

DK85 I've read the book you're talking about. It was a oneshot that came out around 1995 or 1996 to coincide with Batman Forever. There was a Riddler one as well. The cover to the book itself lists the title as just Two Face, although there is a title to the story I don't remember it specifically. It was written by JM DeMatteis and illustrated by Scott McDaniel.

Hey incurock31, ya thats the one im talking about. Crime and punishment may be the name. SO im curious what did u think of the book? And how was the story and characterization of two face? Im pretty much goin to look at it in like ten minutes, I just wanted to hear some feedback from people that already read it.

hmm....................just finished reading it. All in all i felt it had good ideas, but the story was greatly lacking in length. Only cost 5 bucks anyways.

Face the Face was easily the worst Two-Face story I have ever read. The potential for the post-op Harvey Dent were limitless, and they f***ed it over by reverting him to Two-Face in one of the most anti-climactic moments in recent comics.

Face the Face is one big orgy of regression.

CConn said:
In any case, if you can find it, I'd suggest Faces by Matt Wagner. It came out in the early ninties in Legends of the Dark Knight. It's not in continuity, but it's pretty good. And, for me at least, Wagner's art is always a treat.

Is this official or your own conclusion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"