Smallville Talk Ville: The Smallville ReWatch Podcast

I feel like I'm always behind on being able to discuss the podcast, cause, I saving it for Thursday nights to listen too it

but, been following week to week... always interesting

I thought I remembered the show well enough to not actually have to go back an re-watch some of the eps to follow what their talking about, but, every once an a while they'll talk about a storyline or character that I just totally forgot about

so, its cool rediscovering these things right along with them (makes me feel better when they forgot about them too lol) like, it's not just me

I've been keeping up with it too.

It's been fun.

I'll always have so much nostalgia for Smallville.

glade I did a re-watch before listening as I don't think I every saw this episode...
(since it's been 20+ years since these originally air back when I use to watch the show some of the episodes are more familiar then others)
but, so far this has been the first episode I just hadn't no recollection of (if I originally saw it at all) probably just missed that one

I think they were a little unfair on this one, it wasn't that bad, but, I understand coming off a pretty epic first couple season opener, it was clearly a "filler" episode (which you gotta have in there somewhere to around out 20 eps a season) I did liked the comparison of the vigilante in contrast to what Clark does (when he has himself fought and even indirectly caused the death of some "meteor freaks")
side note: if this "vigilante" was carrying around/handling the meteors why wasn't he effected by them?

I agree, this was a missed opportunity to have this "vigilante" character be someone of the comics

also it was a shame Tom wasn't around for this one (he might have had some better insight to the episode)

now this episode I did remember (originally seeing when aired) still did a re-watch for refresher on any little details... I thought Rosey would have liked this one more then he seemed too let on (given its horror like theme) the guest star was even a horrorfilm regular (which I understood his disappointment with not getting to work directly with her or even meet her on set) he eventual came around on it, we seemed to have wittness him actualizing the depth of the episode in realtime the more they talked about it lol

something I found interesting (that I picked up a little more in this viewing) during the dream scene (that we won't really suppose to know it was a dream sequences?) he did just seem to transition from one place to another without realizing it or questioning which seemed like a very common dream like thing (like why am I at this lake fully dressed alone?) I guess it was said that he was a sleep for like 36 hours {or something} so, maybe we just didn't see those traditions (but, they did happen for him) because he was asleep so long these events were happening in realtime for him? since it was a REM sleep like state? (idk now the dream science behind)

it seems odd that after witnessing what he saw in the woods, he would have just went home (leaving Lana without so much as even going back to check on her or say bye/explain what happen) go to bed (like did he dream he was sleeping with-in his dream? that's some inception level sh!t) then only in the morning talk to his parents about what he saw?
but, that's what we do in dreams we just accept the reality that is presented to us {okay, I'm in class at school even tho I don't remember how I got here, but oh-no I'm in my underwear, now lol}

also does Superman even need to sleep? he obviously can and does (I always assumed that was more of a choice, tho) but, the whole theme of him trying to force himself to stay away and randomly falling asleep (due to his sleep deprived state) one would just think he'd have near endless sustainable energy

Last edited:
sidenote : regarding mentions of (guest-star) Katharine Isabelle, having been in a few horror movies, especially Feddy vs Jason... didn't think of it at the time, but just looking it up, now, this episode originally aired within a month of the release of FvJ, (an given the theme of the episode) I'm wondering if this was meant to be a cross promo for the film at the time (makes you wonder if they were given a little extra spending allowance, that they were able to take from the movie promotion budget) a sneaky little write-off

since they film these episodes so far in advance before airing them (and the movies too) that movie wouldn't have even been out yet when they filmed this

she was probably fresh off the set of making that movie, too

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"