Target Exclusive ML wave is out

i only want spiral and spiderman
so i guess 15 is ok with me
i was tempted to get the black spiderman from the new SMC line and do an arm swap,i really like the spider symbol on that one better
but im happy with what i got,hes def the best black spiderman to date

i only want spiral and spiderman
so i guess 15 is ok with me
i was tempted to get the black spiderman from the new SMC line and do an arm swap,i really like the spider symbol on that one better
but im happy with what i got,hes def the best black spiderman to date

seriously? the new SMC black spider-man with bum arms doesnt even have a classic spider symbol.. infact i dont even think he's ever warn that symbol, it looks like gargan venoms but on the black suit.

I'd need to see it again, but I liked that SMC fig too. The only reason I passed is because of the action feature. I hate that big hunk on his arm. I don't remember the exact spider design, but I really liked the head sculpt and the metallic blue highlights.

Here's a quick look at all 3 black Spidey figures.
1) Spider-Man Classics series 5
Black_Spidey02.jpg

2) NEW SMC
6e6d_1.jpg

3) NEW ML Red Hulk BAF series
be03_1.jpg

My favorite is the first one. The new ML one is probably the best looking figure though. Ideally, I would love a combo of the new ML one with the earlier SMC articulation. That would be perfect.

Looks wise, seeing them all together like that, I gotta go with the new Red Hulk ML version.

seriously? the new SMC black spider-man with bum arms doesnt even have a classic spider symbol.. infact i dont even think he's ever warn that symbol, it looks like gargan venoms but on the black suit.
doesnt bother me
you can look at it and know who it is easily enough
i dont usually have people walk into my sons room and look at the shelf and go "hey that spider symbol isnt comic accurate" so i dont really care
i didnt get it because i didnt feel like doing that much work,im just saying i like that symbol too

doesnt bother me
you can look at it and know who it is easily enough
i dont usually have people walk into my sons room and look at the shelf and go "hey that spider symbol isnt comic accurate" so i dont really care
i didnt get it because i didnt feel like doing that much work,im just saying i like that symbol too

?????????????? dude its besides the fact... its the worst one out of the 3.. just look at it

It would be a cool looking figure if it had a comic counterpart besides gargan's venom.

?????????????? dude its besides the fact... its the worst one out of the 3.. just look at it
replace his arm and i think hes better than the first one
that one is horrible
hes got that long ass torso and his head is tiny
im not gonna argue with you about it b/c i dont think ive ever seen you once even say "well ok i respect your opinion but i still disagree"

how much is the marvel select red hulk going for?

$24.99 at bigbagtoystore.com. Shipping would probably be between $8-10.

I got the red MS hulk exclusive plus the regular green MS hulk two-pack for $39.99. I think shipping was around $10.

I figure that price is a lot better than $15 each for figures I don't really want. I want three out of the six, but not that badly. Plus, while the MS red hulk might have less articulation, it looks better detailed to me. It's 8 inches so I'm sure it will be big, but hulk is supposed to be big.

Can anyone tell me the POA on the ML BAF Red Hulk? Because the articulation might actually be that different.

I haven't seen them in Florida, and I don't like the exclusives either. Especially if that means $15 instead of $8 like SpiderHulkThing says.

HC, I'll def check out the black Spidey....if I can find him!! I'm still not happy about $15 and don't want the Red Hulk BAF, but if I dig it, I'll scoop it up.

MLs haven't been $8 and under for a long time. Not since Toybiz had the license. I may be wrong, but I think hasbro MLs started at $9.99 from series 1 and up. That was a few years ago. So Target is really making the price go from the norm of $9.99 to $14.99. But still, that's a 50% mark up. I was just saying how it really sucks that it's a 100% mark up from back when we first started getting MLs.

I hate that action figures are affected so much by oil. The advantage of being into action figures or being a collector these days is there is so much to choose from. MLs are the kind of toys I dreamed of as a kid. I liked the 90's toybiz figures, but knew they could do better. Anyway, the drawbacks to being a collector these days is the prices and oil crisis.

Anyway, besides being into ML and DCU, I also have a PS3. So I could get a brand new game for the price of 4 figures. Or if I do what I usually do and wait for games to go on clearance or buy them used, I could get 2 games and maybe more depending on how long I wait and what kind of deal I can get. So that really puts things in perspective.

I like my figures, I do. But I only really mess with them to display them, maybe change the display a little bit. But I probably don't really pay attention to the figures I acutally have more than a four times a month. I spend more time with action figures talking about them on-line. Either waiting to see what's coming up next, or seeing what people think of the figures as they come out. So I'm wondering if I should just get off the ML train and invest in videogames instead.

I used to look at new figures coming out and get excited. Now I get depressed thinking about the money I'm spending on them. I could tolerate the money issue if it wasn't for the exclusive issue. Come on, you're going to make these figures more expensive, and then make it a pain in the *** to find them? Not everyone has targets around them. I have one 40 minutes away. But that's too far to drive on a whim. If there not there, I've wasted my time and gas.

Now maybe hasbro spoiled some of us by making MLs available on their web-site these past few years. But they shouldn't have done so if they were planning on taking that option away. If I weren't used to buying them on-line through hasbro.com, then I wouldn't be as upset. But this is a step backwards.

Out of the wal-mart wave, the only figure I really want is crossbones. I might pick up MLs when they start putting them up on-line, or if retailers can order enough cases where I can actually find them. But as far as store exclusive MLs go, they can go **** themselves.

replace his arm and i think hes better than the first one
that one is horrible
hes got that long ass torso and his head is tiny
im not gonna argue with you about it b/c i dont think ive ever seen you once even say "well ok i respect your opinion but i still disagree"

well i wont ever agree to calling it horrible... cuz its not, but i do like the silver repaint of him better. and I can respect your opinion in not thinking the SMC one is the best, cuz it's far from it. but the new SMC one has all kinds of problems with it as well. more so than even the original SMC one. I'd have to agree though, articulation aside, the new ML symbiote spidey is by far the best in terms of paint and sculpt.

$24.99 at bigbagtoystore.com. Shipping would probably be between $8-10.

I got the red MS hulk exclusive plus the regular green MS hulk two-pack for $39.99. I think shipping was around $10.

I figure that price is a lot better than $15 each for figures I don't really want. I want three out of the six, but not that badly. Plus, while the MS red hulk might have less articulation, it looks better detailed to me. It's 8 inches so I'm sure it will be big, but hulk is supposed to be big.

Can anyone tell me the POA on the ML BAF Red Hulk? Because the articulation might actually be that different.

the problem with the MS hulks are there heads.. way too tiny

MLs haven't been $8 and under for a long time. Not since Toybiz had the license. I may be wrong, but I think hasbro MLs started at $9.99 from series 1 and up. That was a few years ago. So Target is really making the price go from the norm of $9.99 to $14.99. But still, that's a 50% mark up. I was just saying how it really sucks that it's a 100% mark up from back when we first started getting MLs.

I hate that action figures are affected so much by oil. The advantage of being into action figures or being a collector these days is there is so much to choose from. MLs are the kind of toys I dreamed of as a kid. I liked the 90's toybiz figures, but knew they could do better. Anyway, the drawbacks to being a collector these days is the prices and oil crisis.

Anyway, besides being into ML and DCU, I also have a PS3. So I could get a brand new game for the price of 4 figures. Or if I do what I usually do and wait for games to go on clearance or buy them used, I could get 2 games and maybe more depending on how long I wait and what kind of deal I can get. So that really puts things in perspective.

I like my figures, I do. But I only really mess with them to display them, maybe change the display a little bit. But I probably don't really pay attention to the figures I acutally have more than a four times a month. I spend more time with action figures talking about them on-line. Either waiting to see what's coming up next, or seeing what people think of the figures as they come out. So I'm wondering if I should just get off the ML train and invest in videogames instead.

I used to look at new figures coming out and get excited. Now I get depressed thinking about the money I'm spending on them. I could tolerate the money issue if it wasn't for the exclusive issue. Come on, you're going to make these figures more expensive, and then make it a pain in the *** to find them? Not everyone has targets around them. I have one 40 minutes away. But that's too far to drive on a whim. If there not there, I've wasted my time and gas.

Now maybe hasbro spoiled some of us by making MLs available on their web-site these past few years. But they shouldn't have done so if they were planning on taking that option away. If I weren't used to buying them on-line through hasbro.com, then I wouldn't be as upset. But this is a step backwards.

Out of the wal-mart wave, the only figure I really want is crossbones. I might pick up MLs when they start putting them up on-line, or if retailers can order enough cases where I can actually find them. But as far as store exclusive MLs go, they can go **** themselves.

Now see imo the smart thing to do... is buy long lasting video games that have MAJOR replay value.. because without that.. some games you jsut truly never pic up and play again.. you buy them at $50 a pop and a year later u can get it for half that.. or even less... action figures, least marvel legends, always hold there value, stand the test of time longer then a video game, and imo can get more joy out of.. half the time when im done with a game and its not something multi player with excellent replay value, it just sits there collecting dust... and for some reason i wont sell it.. for the fact i payed $50 for it and if im lucky i can get only $15 for selling it? Hell ML's sell for more then what there worth usually... some even opened.

well we can all agree the Rulk black spiderman is the best there is

if anyone wants Spiral, Adam Warlock & Union Jack without the BAF parts, PM me.

I need the parts from Spiral and Adam Warlock...

so we have an opposite situation.

Yeah, I remember the good ole days when they were under $7 before tax. But the rise in costs isn't primarily Hasbro's fault. There's plenty of toys that've gone up in price. The 25th Anniversary Joes started out as cheap as $5 a pop now everybody has them no less than $7. Wrestling figures that used to range at about $8 are over $10 and the "deluxe" versions that are a little more articulated started at $10 and are about $13-14 in some places. Its just the costs are rising for materials and production. Unfortunately its the nature of the beast.

Hey FTB, I'm glad to see you survived the hurricane. I heard your area got it pretty bad.

1st off I just realized why the red hulk series is 14.99 it most likely is cause targets greedy, but probably also cause the walmart wave has 9(counting variants) figures, and red hulk has 7(counting variants). they were probably evening out pricing due to walmart having more figures... hopefully

and its really dumb that MLs are store exclusive right now like this cause I don't live near a walmart and I'm not paying $20+ for a figure thats $10 just cause they're up on ebay.

I don't know if FTB will be around but I have spoken with him recently.

As far as I know, he's staying with family as his house has some work done. He and his family are safe and at least from my point of view, rather fortunate. They did lose some stuff, but the Batmobile was safe.

I don't know if FTB will be around but I have spoken with him recently.

As far as I know, he's staying with family as his house has some work done. He and his family are safe and at least from my point of view, rather fortunate. They did lose some stuff, but the Batmobile was safe.

Good to hear. I think ez-8 is about an hour from him and was telling me he was living off of a generator for awhile. But I guess both are doing okay if they're still looking for figures.

Good to hear. I think ez-8 is about an hour from him and was telling me he was living off of a generator for awhile. But I guess both are doing okay if they're still looking for figures.
We were living off a generator for a while. but there were alot of people here that were living off of a generator for weeks and up to almost a month.

Well glad to see that you made it through the storm as well SsM. I can't remember where you're from at the top of my head. And honestly, all I heard about the storm came by word of mouth and from what I read on the internet. Sucks not having cable at the moment.

Just bought Black Spidey - pretty awesome - not too happy that it's not all black but it's cool - hate that it was 14.99 though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"