The Dark Knight TDK score track 3

GregComicFan

movie and comic buff
Reaction score
One of my favorite parts of the Batman Begins score was track 7 ("Macrotus")...which I believe was a James Newton Howard contribution. The part I'm referring to is when young Bruce is on the train with his parents... it's the wonderful melody/theme with all the violins at 1.12mins into the track...it's then repeated at the end of the film near where Rachel and Bruce kiss at Wayne Manor. It's very heartfelt and beautiful and seems to echo the little happiness Bruce has in his life, or at least his childhood memories of them.

Any ways...

This same theme is replayed (in a louder and more epic, spectacular fashion in The Dark Knight score - track 3 "Harvey Two-Face") at the end of the track, where the theme is replayed at 5:10mins into it.

However, it does not appear in the finished film.

I have to admit, I was kinda annoyed by this since it's definitely my favorite theme from both BB and the TDK scores.

Why do you think this part of the track was cut from the film? And where was it originally meant to be played?

I surely hope this theme returns in TDKR.

Yes, I thought it was interesting that it didn't appear in the movie as well. It was the most epic piece of the whole score. Maybe that's why. Maybe Hans was going to save it and finish it with TDKR.

Is it on YouTube cos I'm not sure which track you guys mean?

One of my favorite parts of the Batman Begins score was track 7 ("Macrotus")...which I believe was a James Newton Howard contribution. The part I'm referring to is when young Bruce is on the train with his parents... it's the wonderful melody/theme with all the violins at 1.12mins into the track...it's then repeated at the end of the film near where Rachel and Bruce kiss at Wayne Manor. It's very heartfelt and beautiful and seems to echo the little happiness Bruce has in his life, or at least his childhood memories of them.

Any ways...

This same theme is replayed (in a louder and more epic, spectacular fashion in The Dark Knight score - track 3 "Harvey Two-Face") at the end of the track, where the theme is replayed at 5:10mins into it.

However, it does not appear in the finished film.

I have to admit, I was kinda annoyed by this since it's definitely my favorite theme from both BB and the TDK scores.

Why do you think this part of the track was cut from the film? And where was it originally meant to be played?

I surely hope this theme returns in TDKR.

Believe it or not that's one of the few if not only cues I really enjoyed from the BB score as well as the cue where Batman was caught on fire, while infected by the Crane's fear toxin. I liked how the Rachel/Bruce theme or whatever was used in that Harvey Two-Face cue as well.

It was probably written for the album that's probably why it wasn't used in TDK film. Film composers are known for doing those kind of things often.

But when I first heard that theme on album (BB). I didn't know it was from the monorail scene, but thought it was from a Rachel or Bruce scene. Funny that they use it for the Waynes . Maybe that theme represents Bruce's childhood or just Bruce's emotions or just Bruce's theme. Not hard to believe since the rest of the themes (lol) from these scores don't measure up to this one, imho.

I'm not going to lie. That Harvey Two-Face cue was nice. But not only they didn't use that piece from that track, but they hardly used the actual theme in the film. Wonder why ? Really would've balance the darkness in the score and gave it more heart.

Actually they did use the two-face theme alot... :dry:

I'm talking about the theme that played during the monorail scene. Or what I like to call the "Bruce and Rachel love theme". I don't remember hearing it much in TDK.

Joker cat needs to make a come back!

You have a job now, so you've no excuse :p

Still waiting on this track btw :p

I've been busy :o

I'll have it out soon I burned the cd and everything lol just haven't been able to ship it out is all...

LOL, thank you. I know you've been busy now you're an employed man ;)

Gentleman.

Thanks again, mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"