The Dark Knight Rises Favorite Score of the Trilogy?

I know my first are essentially from the Dark Knight, but I'll choose them in their TDKR
context.

1- "Rise"
2- 1:10 - 1:45 "Fear Will Find You" (evocative of Danny Elfman's score)
3- 1:15 - 1:33 "The Fire Rises" (oh that brass section)

Other favorites are of course Joker's Theme, Two-Face's Theme, the score that plays when Gordon wants to orate his speech regarding the truth about Dent; also played when Blake was querying Gordon about the "Batman Murder's" on top of MCU.

I've listened to all of the scores over and over again for some time, and right now, I have to say that "Why Do We Fall?" is probably my favorite track. It's just so inspiring and it epitomises the inspirational aspect of the Batman character that Nolan tapped into so well throughout this trilogy.

Other favorites include "Barbastella", "Watch The World Burn" and "Imagine The Fire", but truth be told, all three scores are great and well-conceived to organically complete and enhance the experience of watching this trilogy.

I guess I have to ask - for the people that say they enjoy listening to Joker's theme, what is it about it that is appealing? It works well within the context of the actual movie, but as far as listening to on a casual basis, to me it's like saying you enjoy listening to a weed whacker...

Molossus is my favourite soundtrack piece. However, given the context of the scene especially, the song that plays when Bane gives his Blackgate speech and the ensuing montage of shots of Gotham being overthrown is so powerful. And the stabbing chords of that melody from Molossus in TDKR is just so awesome.

I think TDKR made best use of its soundtrack. Selina's theme, the powerful two-chord motif that occurs at certain points, particularly when Bruce escapes the pit, the choirboy voice when the bomb is about to go off and the aforementioned moments of the Blackgate speech and Batman's return add so much grandeur to the film.

Can someone explain to me the meaning of the titles from Begins. Like Lasiurus?

Also, why do we fall from TDKR is my favorite off of that album. But I prefer it with the chant in it.

Also, so Zimmer and Howard worked together correct? Can someone explain to me who does what? How do to composers work together?

Also, why do we fall from TDKR is my favorite off of that album. But I prefer it with the chant in it.
They're all names for certain types of Bats.

I guess I have to ask - for the people that say they enjoy listening to Joker's theme, what is it about it that is appealing? It works well within the context of the actual movie, but as far as listening to on a casual basis, to me it's like saying you enjoy listening to a weed whacker...

Because it, to me, evokes the feeling of the lunatic psychopath; how it would feel to be in that role. It's like listening to John Carpenter's Halloween theme; sure it's repetitive and simplistic but it has a psychosomatic effect to a certain extent that makes you feel like you're losing your mind, or somethings wrong, or there is something horrible around the corner. Make no mistake it's purely cathartic, nothing more, one doesn't fantasize about doing grisly things but one cannot help sporting a wild eye and a diabolical grin when listening to it, I feel.

And by the way, I like the sound of weed whackers. It's the sound of progress.

Last edited:

They're various species of bats.

'Why do we Fall?' and 'On Thin Ice' are my two favs.

They're various species of bats.

'Why do we Fall?' and 'On Thin Ice' are my two favs.

Ah yes, 'On Thin Ice' is an excellent track too. It just 'screams' depressed and frozen in time Bruce and has that 'Why Do We Fall?' hint at the end that gives you chills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"