The Dark Knight Rises TDKR Teaser and Poster Coming! - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people feel the need to want a new suit for every single movie.

Sure, they're are flaws with every suit, but what's the ****in point?

Since it seems likely we won't be getting the HD version online until Monday, perhaps I should take some notes in the theatre after I see it with HP if I can better identify and clarify what's going on at certain points..
Probably not, dude. I can only imagine still framing this baby in HD is gonna get us any details, it moves so fast :wow:

I actually much prefer the Begins suit to the TDK suit

Part 9 already? My goodness; where will we be by next year?

I don't understand why people feel the need to want a new suit for every single movie.

I'm glad they stuck with the last suit too.

well do we need to call it teaser poster and trailing COMING after monday?

So far he's had valid reasons for his suit change...

TDK - He felt he was too heavy, couldn't turn his head, needed to be lighter

TDKR - After his encounter with Bane, he's going to need more protection, just my opinion.

I'm glad they stuck with the last suit too.

Ditto. I never bought any of the complaints I read about it here. Most of them hyperbole, IMO.

I was delighted to see it in the trailer. I think it'll be around for most of TDKR. I imagine Batman will get a new one for his final showdown with Bane.

Reason 1: Toys, toys, toys= $$$

Reason 2: The Dark Knight suit was aesthetically a lump of old potent sewage

Reason 3: Christopher Nolan has shown that Batman upgrades his tech as the technology to manufacture improves, why would that stop?

Reason 4: Giving a movie it's own suit gives it it's own visual identity which can be determined by looking at the main character.

There you go.

Last edited:

Story-wise I don't think it's justified at all, then again I didn't think the TDK one was either, and I was one of the people that felt the TDK one felt like a downgrade *shrugs* :o So it's my own selfishness that wants to see another suit.

TDKR - After his encounter with Bane, he's going to need more protection, just my opinion.

That is possible. an upgrade to withstand Bane, but I'm sure if thats the case, they will keep it within the same context as TDK suit.

"Sure make the back breaking easier."

"I'll see what I can do."

The Matrix was over-all a more appealing film to the general audience.

And I think the idea that this world is a virtual-dream is a little easier to swallow than the idea that this world is simply a small city on a spaceship floating in space being controlled by aliens with super powers... and its always night time.

True, and I'm fond of the Matrix for more reasons than one, I really adore the trilogy as a whole actually, but I don't think it's much easier to swallow (especially Reloaded & Revol.)& the basic premise is exactly the same.

Actually more than the basic premise, whole plot points are really the same. And it was out first. Psychologically, I thought the big reveal was handled just as well too. Personally, I just feel it stands up to the first Matrix as a very equal piece of art, just curious as to why more people haven't checked it out

Goddammit thread manager.

WB is being so stubborn by not releasing it.

They're headstrong in releasing it on their accord. I don't blame them as this is their movie but I have to say that any other studio by now would have probably released the HD trailer.

Oh well.

It makes literally NO sense.

We have the teaser. We've seen it. No matter how much they deleted the youtube videos, we all have it. Or will all have it.

What benefits them from holding out on the HD teaser? Potter dollars? Guess what!? Potter is going to make a **** load of money regardless of how many of my fellow batnerds are there. And even if that WERE the case, us batnerds would still have to PAY to see the teaser, regardless of if we stayed for the movie or not.

And if they GAVE us the HD teaser, we'd no longer NEED the bootlegs!

I can't think of any other reason not to give us the HD teaser other than "**** you that's why nerds!"

So it's five more days of sharing a ****** quality bootleg, just because.

I'd rather not see him get an upgraded suit to fight Bane. He should be able to do it in his current suit that he gets, or the same one from TDK, without any further upgrades just to fight Bane.

Maybe because each Batman movie made thus far has had a different suit?

TheBatman072 "Hey, can you guys feel it?

Can you feel my preconceived notions?

They're all up in your FACE."

I love it. I remember when people were arguing about how the Riddler was going to be protrayed in the next movie entitled Shadow of the Bat or Gotham Knights.

Sigh this thread is moving too fast! :cmad:

So based on the convo that Gordon had with we assume to be Bruce, especially with the line "We were in this together and then you were gone", is it stupid to start thinking that at some point in the movie its made clear to Gordon who Batman really is? And if this turns out to be true, how do you all feel about that?
I think it'll be an open secret like Bruce has with Lucius, where they don't mention it but they know. I think it's fair, the two guys work together very closely after all...

There won't be a clearer one until it's direct feed. The person that bootlegged it got it from a private screening he was running with everything set up to record, and apparently with a 720p camera as he referred to it.
I agree. I mean, what else do you guys want, it's centered, it doesn't move, it's not overly dark, and it's 720p! Have you already forgotten the days where we had tiny tilted bootlegs taken from behind a chair? :oldrazz:

:funny: ... I can't top that one, unfortunately. I feel like I really wasn't that involed with the viral/marketing campaign, and I regret it. Kinda want to redeem myself with TDKR, but it looks like it won't happen, though...:csad:
I can top that one. I spent the better part of a year gathering everything I could find about the ARG and hand-coding the 400-page TDK ARG site in my sig. :oldrazz:

I'm internally hardcore. :awesome:

is there an HD version of the teaser floating out there...... i bet the Joker is behind this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"