Teachers drop the Holocaust to avoid pissing Muslims off

erf, the picture of Mule Spice on that page is way more disturbing than the story.

vbeckhamGOFF_468x413.jpg

Whatever happened to the whole "If we don't study history, we are doomed to repeat it" thing? I'm going to start the church of 1+1 does not equal 2, teach my kids that and see if they'll take that out of the curriculum.

Its all going to get very confusing in the future when they look back into the past, if we keep missing out FACTS

Muslims can go **** themselves. if they don't like the class then they can take the F for not doing the work or showing up.

history is real and you can't change it by *****ing and moaning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=445979&in_page_id=1770

Apparently if the facts offend certain people we can sweep the facts under the rug. :whatever:

First, how can Muslims be offended over something that doesn't even concern them? :huh:

The Daily Mail said:
It found some teachers are reluctant to cover the atrocity for fear of upsetting students whose beliefs include Holocaust denial.

Didn't the Holocaust happen like, more than 1000 years AFTER the beginnings of Islam? How in bloody hell then can it be part of the Muslim belief system? Sounds like a bunch of exaggerated, overblown B.S to me. :dry:

But then again, if it really IS true, then the teachers who are involved are class A ******s for bending over to accommodate such extremist views. :down:

Oh and secondly, it's The Daily f**king Mail. These guys are a joke, like the newspaper equivalent of Fox News in the UK.

This is just stupid. All this apeasement crap is pointless and is only going to make matters worse for muslims as, non muslims will evidently and rightfully resent this nonsense.

Muslims can go **** themselves. if they don't like the class then they can take the F for not doing the work or showing up.

history is real and you can't change it by *****ing and moaning.

QFT.

It's stuff like this that always makes me question the "facts" of the bible. If we leave out actual facts in today's texts to fit the mood I can only imagine what was changed in the bible to fit an agenda.

I read it, I really don't see how the connect Holocaust denial with Muslims.
weird.
it's more easily connected to Mel Gibson.
so...weird, and I think I remember Morrissey *****ing about how ****ty the Daily Mail was back in the 80's ( they were the far right back then) wonder if it still applies.

I read it, I really don't see how the connect Holocaust denial with Muslims.
weird.
it's more easily connected to Mel Gibson.
so...weird, and I think I remember Morrissey *****ing about how ****ty the Daily Mail was back in the 80's ( they were the far right back then) wonder if it still applies.
Lots of Muslims deny that the holocaust ever happened. Actually, a lot of them vehemently believe it. Part of it (if not all of it) comes from the strong hatred/rivalry between Judaism and Islam. That much is well documented.

Lots of Muslims deny that the holocaust ever happened. Actually, a lot of them vehemently believe it. Part of it (if not all of it) comes from the strong hatred/rivalry between Judaism and Islam. That much is well documented.

:huh: I know Muslims in the US don't, that's pretty much a fact.
and a lot of the African Muslims could care less about it ( cuz I happened to work with one for 3 years and he knew that the Holocaust was documented fact). I think it's weird because there's a ton of Christians that are Holocaust deniers ( just check out stormfront) and we don't seem to equate that belief with Christianity, in the 80's a lot of pissed off white people called the Holocaust part of the Zionist Machine, but again, we didn't begin to equate one religion with Holocaust denial, despite the amount of well documented instances

That is just stupid. How can one be so actively ignorant to the point of denying a historical and cultural fact. What next? Slavery didn't happen? F***ing morons.

It's not dropped in my class, nor are the Crusades......Kosovo or 9/11.....

Someone can find something to be upset about throughout history......doesn't make it less of an event in history....

Don't mind me. I'm just spouting off things that never actually happened.

I teach history and this saddens me

today, we were looking at the different artistic genres that spurred during the rennisance (sp) in my 8th grade world history class, I asked them to read their text books and give me a report with the characteristics of each genre, their main exponents, the most important works in that genre and other stuff. a girl in the class came to my desk to ask me what does "characteristics" mean, as an example I asked her do describe me a car, thus giving me the DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS of a car, all she was able to say was "it has mirrors, and tires"

people nowadays really don't know how to think, so these types of actions don't surprise me anymore

:huh: I know Muslims in the US don't, that's pretty much a fact.
and a lot of the African Muslims could care less about it ( cuz I happened to work with one for 3 years and he knew that the Holocaust was documented fact). I think it's weird because there's a ton of Christians that are Holocaust deniers ( just check out stormfront) and we don't seem to equate that belief with Christianity, in the 80's a lot of pissed off white people called the Holocaust part of the Zionist Machine, but again, we didn't begin to equate one religion with Holocaust denial, despite the amount of well documented instances

Well the association between Muslim fundamentalists and denying the Holocaust is made, becuase of the fact that Islamic fundamentalist governments promote Holocaust denial. Iran is a given, however in Saudi Arabia they hand out the "protocols of the Elders of Zion" at hotels.

There may be a lot of Holocaust deniers in the US, but Holocaust denial isn't public policy for the US government.

today, we were looking at the different artistic genres that spurred during the rennisance (sp) in my 8th grade world history class, I asked them to read their text books and give me a report with the characteristics of each genre, their main exponents, the most important works in that genre and other stuff. a girl in the class came to my desk to ask me what does "characteristics" mean, as an example I asked her do describe me a car, thus giving me the DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS of a car, all she was able to say was "it has mirrors, and tires"

people nowadays really don't know how to think, so these types of actions don't surprise me anymore
Don't feel bad. There are people like that in college here in the States.

I hope she's hot, since she's not gonna be able to rely on her brains to get her through life.

Don't feel bad. There are people like that in college here in the States.
I also teach college, once I had a bachelor in international commerce not knowing what the capitals in most european contries

people need to learn how to think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"