Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

It was good for the comics book feel they wanted but with TMNT they can go a little more Pixar regarding detail lol.

I'm not saying I would like this for a movie per se, but I would like to see stop motion, ala Tim Burton style - esp if it's in the old mirage style and set in the 80's... I feel that could lend itself well.. like Aardman studio's, they did great stuff but if it was - dare I say it, grittier, darker, it could look awesome... just being under ground and in sewers and the action scenes, could be fun...

...found the four 1990's NECA turtles recently, as well as Casey Jones.

They were always the greatest design and these NECA models proves it even more - 30 years on. They're literally works of art, it's astonishing for a 6-7" action figure/toy.

I especially love how they conveyed each of their different emotions/vibes through their faces. Even their body types/stances all feel different enough.

Not a fan of what Rogan recently said about white people. Just doesn't sit right with me.

Already was convinced with Rogen/Goldberg signing on, but finally saw the first ep of Preacher. And that just further drove home these guys' creative range.

If you don't put creatives in a box and actually look at their full work, I wouldn't be worried about their involvment at all. The whole "This is gonna be Superbad with TMNT" critique is silly.

American Pickle is different than Good Boys, which is different than The Disaster Artist, which is different than Preacher.

I think there's a good team behind this for a potentially good movie

Last edited:
Already was convinced with Rogen/Goldberg signing on, but finally saw the first ep of Preacher. And that just further drove home these guys' creative range.

If you don't put creatives in a box and actually look at their full work, I wouldn't be worried about their involvment at all. The whole "This is gonna be Superbad with TMNT" critique is silly.

American Pickle is different than Good Boys, which is different than The Disaster Artist, which is different than Preacher.

I think there's a good team behind this for a potentially good movie

tenor.gif

But nah, all jokes aside Rogen is hit or miss with me creatively. But hopefully this one is a hit.

tenor.gif

But nah, all jokes aside Rogen is hit or miss with me creatively. But hopefully this one is a hit.
To you or anyone who act like Rogen and Goldberg can't have some range in their work when they've shown the opposite before

Preacher is OK. They widely missed the mark on many parts of that story.

Part of that is because they were limited by what they could do on amc.

Last edited:
I had this idea, which, I am going ahead with, via diorama (I make them using neca toys, predominantly).

My take on the TMNT franchise.

It's 1982 and an elderly asian immigrant is living in a camper van, that is parked up in an abandoned, unused storm drain in the new york region. His name, Hamato Yoshi.

Hamato fled Japan to start a new life in America, with no documents and little English, it was hard, but he perservered and was able to set up a modest home in his camper, working for little money and being paid in food - he makes fantastic trinkets, boxes and art from drift wood. The community did their best to accommodate him, but as winter got harsher, recessions, he slipped into the background.

images.jpeg

Naturally, he's slightly more disheveled than this picture shows, but he's proud, clean as can be.

Kids would often see him walking in and out of the storm drains, looking for food and heading off too sell his art - they would nick name him the 'rat man' as his appearance from afar, did resemble a sewer rat.

One day, as fate would have it, he stumbled across 4 turtles, at the base of a drain, coated in a strange substance - Hamato collected them and put them in a large fruit jar, looking to sell them the next day at the market.

That night, as Hamato slept in his wagon, he heard a glass crack - to his amazement the turtles had doubled in size and broke out the jar.

Freaks of nature, gift from god or a sign of the times, Hamato kept them, studied them and monitored their progress in a diary. In the space of a week they were 3 ft tall and were anthropomorphic turtles, displaying interest in their surroundings and Hamato as a 'parent' figure.

Stocked up for the winter, Hamato was not seen again until the spring, along with urban legends and sightings of 4 child like creatures roaming the sewers.

A happy, unorthodox family, Hamato marvelled as he soon had 4 teenage like turtles - he named them Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michaelangelo. To entertain them, he told them stories of his past his culture and of the world above, he taught them math, art and literature - to keep them healthy, focused, he taught them martial arts.

Hamato had already previously boarded off areas of the storm drains to keep himself safe, now they were child proof and safe in his underground world. They spent their days playing board games, reading, watching tapes on an old TV that mesmerized the turtles. It wasn't long before they were role playing the A team, playing ninja's around the sewers and listening to music on a radio. Their traits were undeniable and unique.

Leonardo and Michaelangelo gave themselves the name 'Teenage mutant ninja Turtles' as the 4 would play dress up in bandana's and reenacted Hamato's stories, against the evil Oroku Saki that they nicknamed 'Shredder'.
Donatelo would create cool gadgets - walkie talkies, sewer skate boards and they had many make believe adventures down there. Raphael would draw pictures, and created a mock up poster of their adventures and wrote them down as stories - he was submerged in that fantasy, drawing him into the world above.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesOriginalDrawing.jpg

They had a pet gecko, called Mondo and they had a thing for pizza.

No one disturbed them, no one knew they were there, sure, on a quiet night, or whilst waiting for the subway, a teenage laugh could be heard, footsteps and swooshing beneath the drains, but it was either punk kids or their imagination, until April O Niel, looking for her first scoop for the local station, ventured down to see if the urban legend was true.

Basically, they look similar to the 1990 movie, but more child like in bodily appearance. They live under the city, in a storm drain with a VW camper van as the base.

They created this fantasy world where they role played as the TMNT to pass their time.

They get discovered by April, that draws them out of the shadows where they then find themselves in a situation where it's not a game... time to step up and be the 'teenage mutant ninja turtles'.

The sequels then delve into the mutagen and the foot.

This movie has a hint of Gremlins, Goonies and Big with a heavy retro, 80's backdrop.

Love TMNT. Hope they get this one right. The Bay films were trash.

ALL of them were trash except for the original 1990 one.

The Bay films were far worse and took it to a whole new level of garbage. :p

I'm so glad that last one crashed and burned. I couldn't stomach another one.

The Bay films were far worse and took it to a whole new level of garbage. :p

I'm so glad that last one crashed and burned. I couldn't stomach another one.

Not to defend the Bay films too much, but nothing is quite as horrible as TMNT 3 from the 90s.

Not to defend the Bay films too much, but nothing is quite as horrible as TMNT 3 from the 90s.

TMNT 3 was a low budget indie film and by that point, the popularity of the franchise had already faded.

Bay's reboot had a chance to do something great. Based on the big opening weekend and total gross, interest was definitely there.

What they made was complete trash. From the ugly character designs, to the flimsy script, questionable casting etc. Between bad word of mouth from the first film and the sequel being an even bigger trash heap, it tanked hard.

This franchise has so much wealth to choose from but they chose to make the most unimaginative cash grabs, they could think of.

It's a moot point now. That version is dead. Let's hope for a much better movie this time.

ALL of them were trash except for the original 1990 one.
The animated TMNT from 2007 was kind of forgettable apart from the Leo vs. Raph fight, but it wasn't awful. It felt like it should have been a direct to video release instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"