Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

Sanada as Shredder would be something to behold. George Takei for Splinter doe.

Hiroyuki Sanada as Shredder would be top tier perfect casting for me.

Heck, we already got a look at what he could do with a metal samurai suit in The Wolverine.

The 2014 reboot is actually pretty solid and underrated. Hated the overly nostalgic, try-hard sequel.
Steve Barron's movie from 1990 is still untouchable.

Meh, the 2014 movie is forgettable. The Turtles barely do anything in it and they have virtually no characterization. Same thing with Shredder because of the last minute rewrites.

Also, the filthy rich CEO wants to hold New York City hostage with a virus because why? Dude is filthy rich? What does that accomplish? Making himself a terrorist and enemy of the US government? He's OK with that why?

They went too big with the first one. Shredder is supposed to be just wanting to take control of the crime syndicates in NYC at first, then down the line he starts to move towards world domination and ****.

Ritchson says that they were not invited to the premiere of the first movie back in 2014, but that doesn't seem to add up because they were in fact there.

Noel+Fisher+Alan+Ritchson+Teenage+Mutant+Ninja+kDlMy-371Lhl.jpg

He didn't show up at the sequel premiere

Teenage+Mutant+Ninja+Turtles+Out+Shadows+ow8sbhr6Oehl.jpg

A fan at Technodrome Forum asked Jeremy Howard some questions on Cameo and it seemed like he enjoyed the experience.

Jeremy Howard | Cameo

Here's a video of Ploszek talking about his experiences round the time of the release of the films. Hee seem more positive, but it's still a possibility that it was what Paramount would want him to say.

lol yea something doesn't add up. I knew I remember seeing them in red carpet interviews. Alan may have exaggerated some things I guess.

Came here to post this. Absolutely shocking. What's crazy is Alan isn't exactly a Z lister. Imagine how they treat complete unknown actors.

This was so frustrating because Pete Ploszek was a perfect Leo. I'm guess it was a studio decision to add some "star power", but why not hire an actual star instead of a gravelly voice D list actor? Voice wasn't right, and he didn't have nearly enough star power to warrant stunt casting.

I hope whoever made that decision got fired.
Yeah. They should have treated them better especially having to wear those costumes for the entire movie.

The Toys That Made Us has a rad TMNT episode this season... also acts like a good little doc on Laird/Eastman too.

Last edited:
The Toys That Made Us has a rad TMNT episode this season... also acts like a good little doc on Laird/Eastman too.

This is slightly off topic but speaking of that show, I see coming soon on Netflix is a new series The Movies That Made Us. Saw the trailer the other day seems season one will cover Home Alone, Ghostbusters, Die Hard and Dirty Dancing.

That was a good episode. I was very happy to see that Eastman and Laird reunion in there. It makes you feel good.

And you know props to Eastman and Laird. Those guys lived the American dream. They wanted to create superhero comics, created this obscure little indie comic parodying superhero comics together together and they struck gold. And they did it without major corporate backing and maintained creative control.

Here is my WIP TMNT concept trailer.

Last edited:
Is the reboot still even happening? Haven't heard anything in a long time.

Supposedly but who knows what's going on over there.

Interesting advert to have... that couldn't have been cheap.

That's actually a great look... smaller, athletic, textured... still cute... obviously Hollywood magic and cgi would be better. I have always said, what about suits, masks and cgi faces

I would like it to be set in the 90's with a huge 80's vibe, tech especially. Or, if it has to be now, the tech is aloud from the 80's it just lends itself so well to that vibe.

I want a sensible, well written story...no shredder, no krang - allude to them, sure, but keep this about April discovering the turtles as she joins them on an adventure - perhaps to find Splinter, that has been held captive by the rat king.

The foot run lower level crime in nyc, kids all wanna be in the foot. Purple hoods, bandanna's - basically the colour purple is the mark of the gang - that's how you know if a kid is in the foot klan (FK).

The turtles keep themselves to themselves but occasionally run into trouble.

The sequels are saved for shredder and eventually krang.

The company that TMNT ad was for, Direct Line, also did an ad featuring Bumblebee. Bumblebee was another movie released by Paramount. The TMNT films are also property of Paramount pictures. HMMMM..

I wonder if that TMNT ad really was a tease of what we might see in the near future from Paramount.

A mix of costume, puppeteering and CGI would be a good option. The Henson costumes of the 90's films were pretty groundbreaking for the time, some type of practical / CGI combo I think could work today. Full costume suits + CGI faces.

Some ad from the UK. I hope the reboot will look something like this.

Wow for a tv ad it's crazy to me how much better Donnie looks in that compared to how he looked in the Paramount/Michael Bay movies. Seriously, I still don't understand how they effed up their designs so much in those when all you had to do was either put some guys in suits like they did in the 90's or use some kind of combination of practical and CGI effects. I mean it shouldn't be all that difficult.

I definitely feel like the best route is to take the Turtles back to the 80s. That era is sorta baked in the DNA of TMNT to me. And I think crafting a simple story around the brothers having to rescue Splinter is a great idea. Really just make it about their bond as brothers and their first contact with a human (April). And the sorta companionship and trust they learn as they embark on this adventure.

And I'd really love for them to read like actual teenagers. A bit pop culture obsessed. A bit foul-mouthed. And just really ready to do something fun. The sewers should kinda feel like their boring suburb imo, with like the occasional pizza run being the most excitement they ever get.

If I were Paramount, I'd be looking at the Turbo Kid/Summer of 84 directing team. I'm sure they could capture the spirit of the 80s really well, synthwave and all.

Just let it rest a while unless they have a great script and better designs for the turtles that don't resemble the Hulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"