Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

It's like the new Terminator film.

The franchise goes through reboot after reboot after sequel after prequel.

No-one asks for them, but as long as there is a fan base, they'll get made.

I hope this new Turtles project is successful. The 2014 reboot wasn't bad - I actually enjoyed it. The sequel was awful though.

I hope this new Turtles project is successful. The 2014 reboot wasn't bad - I actually enjoyed it. The sequel was awful though.
I enjoyed the 2014 movie as well, but it's about as bad as either Joel Schumacher Batman entries.

I enjoyed the recent TMNT films. Thought they were fun. But I’m up for this too curious to see what they’ll do.

Huh? Reverse that for me. The 2014 was awful, the sequel was actually entertaining.

as long as it isn't all drama and no action

You got some fans that would probably prefer that.

2014 film was better. There was some kung fu and ninja stuff there. The 2016 was too much of the 80s toon love fest. Also that awful CW Arrow guy as Casey was just....no, Megan Fox gave a better performance.

I wonder who they will cast as April this time? She was originally black in the early comics, I think

2014 film was better. There was some kung fu and ninja stuff there. The 2016 was too much of the 80s toon love fest. Also that awful CW Arrow guy as Casey was just....no, Megan Fox gave a better performance.

I wonder who they will cast as April this time? She was originally black in the early comics, I think

100% agree.

Maybe an older April? Adult turtles? All I know is things need to change...

"TMNT film reboot!"

Awesome, maybe this time they'll do it ri--

"Michael Bay is still producing"

FUUUUUUUUUU--

A reboot would be amazing but probably too much to ask for. Just rewatched Out of the Shadows and while it was marginally better than the first, it’s still not good.

One of the things that drives me crazy about them is the insane camera movements. Just because the entire scene is CGI and you can move the camera around wherever you want doesn’t mean you should. One of the reasons Dawn and War for the Planet of the Apes has such incredible CGI was because the camerawork wasn’t so distracting. Scenes with Caesar and Koba fighting were practically locked off on a tripod which subconsciously feels more real, like an actual human person is operating the camera. But EVERY scene in the TMNT movies has the camera flipping around and flying in every direction, and there’s no sense of physics or, like, reality.

Also, and this is just a personal thing, I hate the guy who does Mikey’s voice.

giphy.gif

Don't trouble yourself overthinking whether this is a reboot or not.

Agreed.

Either way, whatever the designs will look like, people will still complain.

No offense to you intended vision but I'm tired of this kind of garbage excuse. There's tons of stuff that gets out out that has so few people dislike it that I never heard anyone complain. The fact is the turtles looked wrong on the last 2 movies and a lot of little voided their opinions. What about how Black Panther looked? Pretty much universally loved. Same with Thanos, Dr strange, etc etc etc
This is the same nonsense excuse that Pele used to try and ignore all the complaints about last Jedi "people would have complained either way". Really? Cuz I know a crap load of movies that were were loved by the vast majority of viewers.
End of rant.

...just re-release the 1990 film in theaters.

Remind me, is this a Hasbro property? If so, could this be a part of the rumoured cinematic universe potentially featuring Transformers, GI Joe and Power Rangers?

Nickelodean (not Hasbro) owns TMNT but their all under the Paramount (Viacom) umbrella, so anything goes...

Also, TMNT/Power Ranger crossover already happened. :o

574.jpg

Remind me, is this a Hasbro property? If so, could this be a part of the rumoured cinematic universe potentially featuring Transformers, GI Joe and Power Rangers?

Nah, Playmates.

Technically, TMNT is a Viacom property. Paramount bought the whole franchise from Eastman and Laird.

Nah, Playmates.

Playmates only holds the toy license (since the 80's, even predating the cartoon). They have no ownership or control over the IP.

Up until 2009, TMNT was a creator owned franchise. Eastman and Laird owned and ran it, through their Mirage Studios. Eventually, Eastman sold his half to Laird in 2000 and Laird sold the whole thing to Viacom in '09.

Unfortunately, it's the worst thing that could have happened to this property.

I kinda hope this reboot we get a different villain to start off. I mean Shredder Krang Bebop and Rocksteady is not the only Turtle villains out there. I Mean yes there the most popular villain but I'd really like to see what they could do with a Villain like the Rat King or maybe even Leatherhead. Save Shredder and the Foot clan for the Sequels if the film is successful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"