Tekken 7

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
btlgxHy.png

Looks like the rumor was true. A leaked IGN News video, published by AOL.com Video ahead of tonight’s official announcement, reveals Tekken 7 will be powered by Unreal Engine 4 and launch for current gen consoles.

“With Unreal Engine 4, we can rapidly achieve the visual quality expected on next-gen platforms and go beyond it,” Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada is quoted as saying in the video. “Not only is Unreal Engine 4 powerful and easy to use, but it allows us to easily bring Tekken 7 to any platform we desire.”

Further details were not announced.

Source

well, we could always use more next-gen fighting games........lol.

IF this SOMEHOW has Jun in it, this might be my first Tekken to play regularly since 2.

"The Final Battle"?
So, no more Tekken?

yet still Tekken X SF is nowhere in sight

Hopefully. I want Tekken... I'm tired of Capcom fighters and the characters in them. I know it wouldn't be technically a Capcom fighter but I'm glad they're focusing pretty much only on the next legit Tekken now.

I regret not picking up Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I really loved the first one.

7 already? I think the last one I played was 2 or 3. Which one had Gon in it?

7 already? I think the last one I played was 2 or 3. Which one had Gon in it?

what do you mean already? The series has been around for 20 years and there hasnt been a numbered game since 6, roughly 6 years ago. Gon was in 3, back in 1998

As long as the bear is in it, I'll give it a look.

I regret not picking up Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I really loved the first one.

TTT2 is one of the best Tekken games if you ask me. It's really damn good.

I'm still trying to find my favourite. I got pretty good with Miguel, but he's pretty much a novice character to learn. I want to advance :p

Once I learned every grapple with King in Tekken 3. I can't remember such combos ever again.

I think I'd like to main Jack, or Paul. I like the hard hitters.

Jun, or GTFO. :o
I don't remember playing as Jun
Why did they take her out anyway? Did she die or was that just something they made up for the movie to explain her non-existence in Tekken past 2?

Wonder if Asuka is still the protagonist or if they gave the honor back to Jin

what do you mean already? The series has been around for 20 years and there hasnt been a numbered game since 6, roughly 6 years ago. Gon was in 3, back in 1998

That's what I mean by already. I haven't played any since 3. :p

I don't remember playing as Jun
Why did they take her out anyway? Did she die or was that just something they made up for the movie to explain her non-existence in Tekken past 2?

She was killed by Ogre in Tekken 3, she was Jin's mother and served to set his arc of revenge.

I wonder if after this they'll pull the Mortal Kombat move of a complete reboot, saleswise they don't realy have much of a problem since they're the best selling fighting game, but their plot has always been incredibly messy to say the least.

Maybe, we don't realy know about that, but they will probably another one after this, even if it's only in the next gaming generation.

I think this is just the end of the Mishima storyline. So I think that Kazuya and Heihachi might be retired. Maybe.

The games will continue though. I mean this is Namco's cash cow. Do they have any other hits?

would love for a next-gen Soul Calibur game...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"