Telltale's The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept the notifications on as well UI hints

Both off from the get go. I thought it would hinder my experience.

Mine were on & I would recommend having them off as they don't tell you anything that isn't bleeding obvious and kind of dumb down & take you out of the experience a bit.

My girlfriend watched me play from Episode 2 onwards and was usually pretty appalled at how merciful I was (for example, I tried to save Larry). She's going to play next and I'm sure she'll be a great deal more lethal than I was.
Carley was my main ally. Kenny was around for most of the game & I sided with him a lot but he was too unpredictable and a hothead. So when Lily shot Carly for what I'd guessed were Ben's actions I left her (to die :csad:) in the middle of the road and later dropped Ben to his death when he told me to go and save the others. Didn't feel good at all while I was doing either. Unlike the cannibal brothers who I had no hesitation or guilt in killing. :woot:

Carley was my main ally. Kenny was around for most of the game & I sided with him a lot but he was too unpredictable and a hothead. So when Lily shot Carly for what I'd guessed were Ben's actions I left her (to die :csad:) in the middle of the road and later dropped Ben to his death when he told me to go and save the others. Didn't feel good at all while I was doing either. Unlike the cannibal brothers who I had no hesitation or guilt in killing. :woot:

That's funny, I liked Kenny a lot too but he did seem a bit wishy washy with his attitude. He really seemed like Lee's partner in crime throughout the whole game, but it seemed like whenever he had a chance to help Lee out the guy held back. When it came time to drop Ben I had my girlfriend egging me on to drop him (just as she'd been telling me not to save Larry) but I helped the poor kid up anyway.

The cannibal brothers were an odd choice, I killed the first one but after Clem saw me do it I left the other one, though I imagine his fate was far worse anyhow.

I played this part for the first time last week, and when this happen, I got so upset. I made the same choice, but did not feel bad at all.

I kinda felt bad and wonder what would've happened IF I had let her back into the RV But she was crazy&dangerous by that point and I'm still upset cause I really wanted Lee&Carly to be together.

When I play though the game again I won't defend/help or try to befriend her this time now that I know how she becomes..

I played this part for the first time last week, and when this happen, I got so upset. I made the same choice, but did not feel bad at all.

The only logical decision. You do not keep mentally unstable people next to you (and Clementine), especially when that instability exhibits itself as homicidal rage.

For the most part I played my Lee as a good guy. I think the only "bad" decisions that I made were was I killed Danny in the barn, left Lilly on the side of the road and dropped Ben in the bell tower.

The only decision I really regreted was when I helped Kenny to kill Larry in the first time I played it. After it happened, I thought to myself "what if he really was alive?".
I felt guilty and admired the game for making me feel like that.

You know you can totally start to revive him for a split second if you do the compressions fast enough.

I'd easily put this game as having the toughest choices of any I've played. Maybe in other games once, twice at a push I might have paused to make a decision...I lost count of the amount of times The Walking Dead made me sit there and sob "I don't know what to do!"

I keep meaning to go back through this... I really regret dropping Ben down the bell tower...

Is there a way to save Kenny?,What happens IF I choose to leave the walkie?

I tried to leave it behind but Christa went in after it anyway.

Poor guy, all because he tapped Lee on the back.

I killed the cannible brothers, I'm sorry but when the **** hits the fan... And you have to decide who lives and dies...Dangerous scum like that don't deserve a second chance. I know Clem didn't like it but I figure the Zombie Apocalypse is a harsh world to grow up in...She's going to see worse, can't be sheltered forever.

I killed the first, but left the second one to get eaten by zombies. I think my thinking was that I didn't want others to know that I was capable of murder.

I killed the cannible brothers, I'm sorry but when the **** hits the fan... And you have to decide who lives and dies...Dangerous scum like that don't deserve a second chance. I know Clem didn't like it but I figure the Zombie Apocalypse is a harsh world to grow up in...She's going to see worse, can't be sheltered forever.
Agreed and unlike the likes of Lily, these guys are full on evil people. How would someone feel if having caught them they let the 2nd guy go and later in the story he comes back & kills/eats a load more of the group. Imagine if he got Clem. These guys are less than human and should be treated as such, basically just 2 more walkers.

I did feel bad about Lily as there was some good in her and it's hard to judge someone who's [BLACKOUT]just been covered in the blood of their dad who they thought was still alive and who's been killed by another member of the current group. She also looked so vulnerable & (understandably) upset when we left her..desperately trying to reason with Lee who she thought she could make understand..and she was also correct in her suspicions that someone was betraying the group. [/BLACKOUT]It's good how the game can make me feel bad about it as part of the reason for my actions is selfish (similar to dropping Ben later) in that I was close to who she shot rather than just the action itself. If she'd shot Larry (assuming he wasn't her dad) I don't think I would have done the same thing.

I stabbed the first one, felt really bad that Clementine saw it and left the other to die - mainly because I figured he was about to be zombie chow anyway.

IF you decide to leave the food in the station wagon like Clem wants then does her captor's family survive&he's less pissed..or somebody gets the food anyway??

IF you decide to leave the food in the station wagon like Clem wants then does her captor's family survive&he's less pissed..or somebody gets the food anyway??

If you decide to leave the food/supplies, the rest of the group takes it anyway.

If you decide to leave the food/supplies, the rest of the group takes it anyway.
really? Stuff like that annoys me. Your decisions really dont matter with how the story proceeds. I hope they are able to expand their current formula so that this isnt the case as often as it was in season 1

Last edited:
really? Stuff like that annoys me. Your decisions really dont matter with how the story precedes. I hope they are able to expand their current formula so that this isnt the case as often as it was in season 1
Yeah, I was actually looking at a guide while I was playing it, because I was more interested in getting the trophies, and I noticed that most of the decisions are really meaningless in the end. It's more about how it makes you feel at the moment and at end. The people around you die no matter what.

I hear a lot of complaints about games like this and Mass Effect where the freedom is not as much as it seems but it must take so many resources to make every possibilty....possible. And as you get further into the story & also make sequels and further episodes more and more of what you make will not be seen by a player because of their past decisions unless they replay and choose different options. Kind of why as in Mass Effect
[BLACKOUT]with Kaidan & Ashley[/BLACKOUT] when you have "save one character" situations like Carly & Doug, the paths of that remaining character are basically the same.
At least these guys are trying to give us this feeling that we are influencing the story, unlike most other games, so I give them a big pass.

I knew someone would say that and to me thats bull and a weak excuse. So bc its hard, developers shouldnt do it? I love games like this. Heavy Rain was my favorite game of 2010 and I hoped more developers would make games like that. TWD fufilled a void in a very empty niche genre, but like others it does have its shortcomings, and the lack of choice masked around false perception is one. It got highly praised for what it achieved and Im not knocking or taking away from it, bc I enjoyed it, but its flaws become very apparent upon second playthrough and/or finding about what happens with alternate decisions. Its highest achievement in this first game was its storytelling and writing. Season 2 can simply offer just more of the same, but why aim for just that?

What can set it apart from the original and other games is to actually having branching choices and not merely have most decisions end up with the same consequence no matter what you do. Now that would truly be innovative and quite an accomplishment. Would it be challenging? Yes, but undertaking and actually succeeding in overcoming a challenging aspect of game design is what seperates a typical game from an exceptionally extraordinary one. They already have a good foundation and framwork to build upon. They really need to expand things to make it so that your choices actually do matter and not have every outcome be the same with different dialogue attached. Im hoping QD does that with their upcoming Beyond and I hope the same for TWD S2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"