• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Is that a recent development? I just heard it was him getting naked on OF.
He was let go from the Witcher. It was unclear why, but he started talking a crazy amount of crap online, and then a former co-worker on that show pointed to abuse to other co-workers. He was then let go from this job, one where he was apparently very successful, without explanation again.

Is it possible it's something else? Yes. Is it likely? I would say no.

They also fired James Gunn immediately and begged him to come back.
I am not a fan of James Gunn. But I do not remember even a rumor of him being abusive to co-workers. The exactly opposite really. Which is why he was championed by those same co-workers to return.

But that same guy did more in ten episodes for one of their properties than the movies did and had social media buzzing.

If his problems were fixable, then they should reconsider and look at what they had.
I disagree. If you were heavily invested in Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Deadpool, those movies were for you.

The situation with Gunn ignores the broader context. If they hadn't just fired Roseanne, the conservative exec who went around Feige's back to fire him would not likely have happened.
And there's also the context that Gunn made those Tweets during his era of association with B-movie shock horror joint Troma Studios, who gave Gunn his start and whose founder Lloyd Kauffman stayed involved with Gunn's movies up 'til his Marvel era. Their whole brand was "twisted and tasteless."

Do I like James Gunn? No. I don't think I could like anyone who could make those kinds of "jokes," or think the way he does in general. But do I think they point to Gunn being an actual pedophile or abuser? No.

Dark Phoenix ended with them on their Paris honeymoon.

True.

Sometimes I still wonder how all that in Dark Phoenix leads to the good future we saw in DOFP.

But they all die anyway in Logan so why stress your brain.

You know what's funny? Everyone including Fox forgot this movie happened:

a84f657fefdce74a7a132efe84ca3e98d029763b.gifv

e4220474e7e77ef4a8cff27d57439eea791d2e81.gifv

186e193cbc0ccad175d403f32a9b41a2ded6292b.gifv

a3e41896cd89cf0d1e95ed16e93db48a9f3ccc66.gifv

Without knowing what he did, I don't feel comfortable pushing for DeMayo to return to Marvel. Regardless how much I liked X-Men 97. I have to believe it was bad considering they clearly we high on the show and still let him go. Something is there we don't know about.

Wolfsbane and Dani's relationship and the visual effects were the only things great about The New Mutants.

Making Magik racist, bleaching Cecilia and Sunspot though...
prince1.gif

Again, the Foxverse made some very egregious choices.

I love the first 90 mins of the Wolverine. For me it's the best X-Men flick. That last half an hour is rough though. Feels like it came from a completely different, lesser flick.
That's why it wouldn't make the cut for me, lol! For me, it becomes too ridiculous once we see Silver Samurai. He looks awful and the movie becomes a bad B movie suddenly when it was a more grounded film the entire first like 2/3s of the way. Too much tonal whiplash and I dock it points for it

That's why it wouldn't make the cut for me, lol! For me, it becomes too ridiculous once we see Silver Samurai. He looks awful and the movie becomes a bad B movie suddenly when it was a more grounded film the entire first like 2/3s of the way. Too much tonal whiplash and I dock it points for it
Those random little annoyances with Viper, suddenly become the whole movie. :weeping:

I don't think there's been a better scene with Jackman's Logan than his moments with the bear. Absolutely top notch character stuff right there. First two thirds of that film rip, and are shot wonderfully.
Those first two thirds are my favorite bits of any FoxMen movie, period. Shame about the 3rd act, but it's not enough to ruin the rest for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"