Terminator: Dark Fate

Those look like they belong on the cover of an Asylum film.

How could I forget this awesome photoshoot:
latest

sarah-connor.jpg

kyle-reese.jpg
I think as long as they avoid EW, they will be fine.

Terminator: Cosplay

I'm glad they kept the first look pics low-key this time.

AND please for the love of Skynet, do not give us anything like this garbage.

Sorry for posting this, but I still cannot believe they thought this was OK for the first look... or any f*****g look!!!

KI1QSce.jpg

This makes it look like Courtney was the terminator. Total miscast. And Matt Smith wasn’t even in the movie enough to deserve a cover.

Yeah, young-Ahnuld in Genisys was a classic case of trying too much too early, before the tech's quite there yet.

It looked fine in the still images, the promo pics, but he just had that weightless thing to him all CG seems to when he actually moved. It would have worked for a scene or two here and there, clothed terminator, standing further back from the camera so the details are less noticeable, but...

Maybe the guy isn't cut to be a leading man, but could excel in certain supporting roles.

How could I forget this awesome photoshoot:
latest

sarah-connor.jpg

kyle-reese.jpg
I think as long as they avoid EW, they will be fine.

I remember when these photos came out. If there was any doubt that the movie would suck, these pics confirmed it. I don’t know how some still photographs from an EW can be an indication of a movie’s quality, but somehow these photos summed up Terminator: Genisys perfectly.

I remember when these photos came out. If there was any doubt that the movie would suck, these pics confirmed it. I don’t know how some still photographs from an EW can be an indication of a movie’s quality, but somehow these photos summed up Terminator: Genisys perfectly.

LOL, they are awful indeed.

Courtney is just a huge miscast. Not even in terms of acting skills. He just doesn't look like a guy who comes from a post apocalyptic wasteland. He looks like a guy who goes to the gym and barber reguarly.
I'm weird about this and it's nitpicking but it always bothers me when a guy or girl is too good looking or too in shape for a role. If you're a slacker character like Hal Jordan you shouldn't have a six pack, if you're supposed to be an unpopular nerd you can't look like Vanessa Hudgens, if you're supposed to be from a post apocalyptic world where society hasn't rebuilt itself you can't look like ripped Jai Courtney, or Trevante Rhodes (Bird Box) or Halle Berry (Days of Future Past)

But even despite that, as people pointed out his performance wasn't very good. I don't get why they made Kyle Reese a snarky badass

In my review I said he looked like he came straight from pumping iron at the gym to do some emotionless reading off cue cards.

And yes they gave Reese and Sarah some one liners that neither of them would say.

He was surprisingly enjoyable in SS.
I think he's effectively menacing in Jack Reacher too.

He must be great to work with as well. People don't work as much as this guy has over the last few years by being difficult divas. I bet he's the bee's knees on set.

Probably more they just thought he was the next “it” boy.

See also John Carter guy and the amount of movies he was cast in at one point trying to make him a superstar.

Every time this thread is bumped, I hope for some new material on Dark Fate. And it's still Captain Boomerang discussion...

He tainted our faith.

Probably more they just thought he was the next “it” boy.

See also John Carter guy and the amount of movies he was cast in at one point trying to make him a superstar.
Taylor Kitch isn't at all a bad actor; he just got saddled with bad projects (although John Carter was good). Same with Sam Worthington. shirt happens.

Taylor Kitch isn't at all a bad actor; he just got saddled with bad projects (although John Carter was good). Same with Sam Worthington. **** happens.

Sam Worthington was the name I was waiting to come up in this discussion.

Recycled saying I keep repeating: "T2 was a perfect ending spot, they're trying tooo haaaaard" (the last two words can be read like braying, don't try to read them out loud).

Why did they choose the title Dark Fate? That feels awkward.
I wonder when will they make Kyle Reese a Terminator, telling him "Gotcha, now you can't go back in time to have your pleasure, and thus we killed our two most dangerous adversaries"
Sam Worthington was the name I was waiting to come up in this discussion.
Is he that guy from the Titan? He kinda looks like a lanky Jai Courtney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"