Terminator: Dark Fate

Good to hear that Paramount is extremely confident in Dark Fate. I'm confident in MIller's abilities as well, and I really liked Love, Death and Robots.

I do agree that a trailer will probably sell people on this film. I don't think many people are even aware it's coming out.

Not sure how successful Terminator can be so far out from a good entry, but yeah I doubt Charlie's Angels will be a big factor in its performance.

I would have gone with No Fate just to tie it back to T2

Good to hear that Paramount is extremely confident in Dark Fate. I'm confident in MIller's abilities as well, and I really liked Love, Death and Robots.

I do agree that a trailer will probably sell people on this film. I don't think many people are even aware it's coming out.

Paramount was confident in Genisys as well. They wanted a whole trilogy. That was the plan.

James cameron is coming dont worry, im sure hell do another hype video like he did for genysis saying how great it was while his eyes turn brown
Damn!!

giphy.gif

Officially titled Terminator: Dark Fate

I'm not excited, and let's face it, if the trailer gets me excited, it'll remind me of the trailer for Genisys which gave me the gave feelings until the next trailer and of course the film itself.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I wonder: if Dark Fate is taking ideas, even those that was deleted from them, from T3-5, that were good and putting them together. The obvious is Arnold playing a human character which was seen in the deleted scene in T3, but I wonder if there are more examples of this and what they could do to them. I can't recall other examples but it just feels like that's what they're doing, which is in actuality what the term "retro" means.

TBH, Arnold is still playing the Terminator, and I wonder if he's the bad guy and the good guy in the same film, which is a mixture of old ideas, including that being the original concept for both T1 & T2.

They need to release a trailer soon for me, just can’t get hyped at the moment, and I am a huge Terminator fan.

Junkie XL to Score 'Terminator: Dark Fate' (Exclusive)

"It's great to be working on another project with Tim," Holkenborg said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "The original Terminators were such iconic movies, and having James back as a producer with Tim directing is an amazing dream-team. It's going to be a fantastic movie to be part of."

Holkenborg's scoring credits include Mad Max: Fury Road, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Dark Tower, the most recent Tomb Raider movie and Alita: Battle Angel.

I figured Junkie would be doing this after watching Love, Death and Robots. I can't say I'm a fan of this decision. They already tried an RCP-style score with the last one and it didn't work. Personally, I would've gone for someone like Clint Mansell, or try a female composer for a change and get Lena Raine.

I was actually really pleasantly surprised with this Junkie manchild dude's score for Alita, some really nice sweeping orchetral stuff there. Hopefully he can just ease up on all the wop-wop-wop-bada-bada-boop dubstepy crap from his other scores for this. Obviously electronic music fits Terminator to a tee, but go more Fiedel than this ultra-modern stuff.

A tribute to the TERMINATOR franchise up 'til now using NIN's The Day The World Went Away:

I was actually really pleasantly surprised with this Junkie manchild dude's score for Alita, some really nice sweeping orchetral stuff there. Hopefully he can just ease up on all the wop-wop-wop-bada-bada-boop dubstepy crap from his other scores for this. Obviously electronic music fits Terminator to a tee, but go more Fiedel than this ultra-modern stuff.
It's the dubstep type stuff I don't care for. All of his recent actions scores have it (Fury Road, BvS, Mortal Engines, Alita). That type of stuff would be just as wrong for Terminator as Balfe's Transformers-style power anthems were in Genisys. He's a capable composer, but he doesn't seem to have much range. There are literally dozens of composers I could name that would be better suited for this job.

A tribute to the TERMINATOR franchise up 'til now using NIN's The Day The World Went Away:

That was the one bright spot from Salvation. Loved the remix of that song they used in the marketing.

Yep that Terminator Salvation trailer is probably my vote for best "Amazing Trailer to Accompany a Godawful Summer Movie". ever.

God that movie sucked. Stupid Marcus. grumble grumble.

Don't know that the official trailer would rise to the level of a "remix", Elayis. Seems just like the original track, edited/cut-pasted, and with some clank-y metallic drum stuff overlayed in the second part. Pretty sure that's basically the original album track though, for the most part.

But yeah, the trailers for Salvation were pretty special. Shame about the actual movie.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles, while an "elseworlds" thing, is still the only legit post-T2 Terminator stuff for my money. Cautiously optimistic about Dark Fate, though - yeah, Jim was complimentary about Genisys, but aside from some early-stages conceptual convesations with Taylor he wasn't involved in actually making it. So this is a new scenario here, gets the benefit of the doubt from me personally.

I've never listened to the original NIN track, so I just assumed the trailer editors messed with it. Nice to know that didn't happen for a change.

You're right about The Sarah Connor Chronicles, though. It had it's iffy spots (still not sure what they had planned with that cliffhanger ending), but it's hands down the best Terminator-related media since 1991. Bear McCreary score is also the only composer I feel has gotten that Terminator sound right other than Fiedel. It's mechanical and synth-based, but it also has lighter, almost romantic material that fits right in with the original love theme. McCreary would've done a hell of a job with a movie to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"