• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Terminator: Genisys - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish they never attempted a sequel to T2 untill the stars aligned. Im so jealous of Mad Max (still yet to see it) getting a true and proper sequel.

The Terminator films are such important movies to me, bigger than Star Wars or Back to the future and to then see it treated with such a lack of respect is really disappointing as a fan.

I mean really can you imagine seeing Star Wars Episode 7 directed by MCG staring Hayden Christensen as Luke Skywalker :p

Last edited:
I really wish they never attempted a sequel to T2 untill the stars aligned. Im so jealous of Mad Max (still yet to see it) getting a true and proper sequel.

The Terminator films are such important movies to me, bigger than Star Wars or Back to the future and to then see it treated with such a lack or respect is really disappointing as a fan.

I mean really can you imagine seeing Star Wars Episode 7 directed by MCG staring Hayden Christensen as Luke Skywalker :p

We are kindred spirits.

James Cameron about Genisys.
[YT]watch?v=nbshvW8Pl8w[/YT]
3bb45f8819e3.jpg

Last edited:
Oh JimCam. I'd love to believe you... but I can't trust anyone who'd wear that shirt. :o

Not buying it for a second jimmy. How much did he get paid to sit and tell us his experience watching the movie? I would have bought this more if they had a hidden camera on him filming his reactions to them undoing his work.

This is the same guy who made fun of T3 on the T2 bluray commentary track so make of it what you will. If this bombs he'll trash it quicker than a hiccup.

Last edited:
Oh JimCam. I'd love to believe you... but I can't trust anyone who'd wear that shirt. :o

:woot: Lol yeah thats what i thought, that shirt is criminal. Reminds of the ones Lassater wears. It seams that the Avatar fever really ruined his fashion sense

And i always find it hokey that someone has to come out before the movie and say that if you are a fan of what came before you are going to love this.

Like Spilberg with JP, Lucas with SW, Scott with Aliens, Donner with Superman, etc. If they did the same thing i would probably ignore them or be really suspicious about it

Last pic. Arnold looks good.
nMNTAWk.jpg

bJLAUMU.jpg

8cFV7Us.jpg

54k7Rt8.jpg

oUv7R6T.jpg

BjebOEq.jpg

Last edited:
Not buying it for a second jimmy. How much did he get paid to sit and tell us his experience watching the movie? I would have bought this more if they had a hidden camera on him filming his reactions to them undoing his work.

This is the same guy who made fun of T3 on the T2 bluray commentary track so make of it what you will. If this bombs he'll trash it quicker than a hiccup.

Probably nothing. He did it for Arnold or maybe he actually liked the movie.

He didn't really make fun of T3 other than not liking the "She'll be back" line and I got the impression that commentary was recorded before T3 came out.. He was nice to both T3 and AvP when they came out so...

While I'm taking Jim's comments with a grain of salt, the footage actually finally got me over my general disinterest. I still don't know if I'll spend my hard-earned money to go see it, but I'm hoping enough people make the decision to do so, especially if it turns out to be a good film.

Probably nothing. He did it for Arnold or maybe he actually liked the movie.

He didn't really make fun of T3 other than not liking the "She'll be back" line and I got the impression that commentary was recorded before T3 came out.. He was nice to both T3 and AvP when they came out so...

Lets not get it twisted, cameron didnt hype this movie and tell us fans to accept it without getting some sort of Favor or cash on the back end. The stidio begged him to do this obviously due to negative reactions across the board. He didnt even hype or do a video formthe last 2 entries and now he magically shows up?

Lets not get it twisted, cameron didnt hype this movie and tell us fans to accept it without getting some sort of Favor or cash on the back end. The stidio begged him to do this obviously due to negative reactions across the board. He didnt even hype or do a video formthe last 2 entries and now he magically shows up?

As I said, I could see him doing it as a favor to Arnold but it's not impossible that he actually enjoyed the movie. Why would he do a hype video for the last two if he wasn't asked to? Especially Salvation, when Arnold wasn't involved.

CG_Mt8JUAAADt22.jpg

CG_Mt24UkAAYOQX.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking after checking out that video. I don't care if Cameron was lying or not I still have zero interest in this movie.

I'm surprised at the level of Cameron's endorsement.

If anything, it confirms again that he's not too interested in jumping back to the franchise.

Its entirely possible that Cameron enjoyed the film.
He is giving people the heads up,
Hinting about curveballs in the plot.
I appreciate his input, but, I will make up my own mind .

Cameron's easily one of the most powerful and richest directors working today, I've doubts he'd take slim change just to endorse a film on a franchise he's practically disavowed.

That gives me a sliver of hope, though I still have my trepidation.

Cameron's endorsement confuses me. I thought he was supposed to be raising the bar...

As I said, I could see him doing it as a favor to Arnold but it's not impossible that he actually enjoyed the movie. Why would he do a hype video for the last two if he wasn't asked to? Especially Salvation, when Arnold wasn't involved.

CG_Mt8JUAAADt22.jpg

CG_Mt24UkAAYOQX.jpg
Ugh these comparison photos make so mad.

Arnie's his buddy, and he wants to see him succeed again. That's enough of a reason for him to do this endorsement.

+ a fat pay cheque.

+ they probably threw in a free t-shirt

I don't care about Cameron's endorsement. It's sweet that he is pimping his friend's movie though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"