The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Slipknot said:
Colorado just tied it up. Why is there little to no coverage of the playoffs on television? It pisses me off. OLN sucks... and the only other station that seems to carry the games is NBC. Where did ESPN go? Just NBA now? Ugh.

ESPN's contract ended before the lockout, didn't like how the ratings were so turned down the NHL. They didn't know how long the lockout would be and how the fans would react.Well with the new rule changes and the level playing field, ratings and quality games are up.

Also the NHL is paying NBC to air their games and if NBC gets more money from the advertisers that goes to the NHL. So they settled for OLN, which isn't available on some cable systems and even the Montreal/Carolina series isn't on OLN. Of course who would watch that? It was a great OT.

TSN had two games on tonight and also had a third game on TSN HD. CBC had their tripleheader on Sunday. I was pissed about the shoddy stuff on Friday night, the switching to Calgary and then the black screens in the first which caused the first goal from being scored. Thankfully it was fixed. But I really wanted to see the Ottawa game.

Oh, don't even get me started on the black screen. Not only did they show that with the first goal, they showed that as well with the replay of the first goal. I swear, the bar I was in was almost ready to riot.

Eric Draven said:
Oh, don't even get me started on the black screen. Not only did they show that with the first goal, they showed that as well with the replay of the first goal. I swear, the bar I was in was almost ready to riot.

Its bad enough they had Mark Lee and John Garrett calling the game they had to have the technical difficulties.

Chris Cuthbert has been his usual greatness on TSN. Why fire him after 20 years and keep Lee is beyond me.

And I just found out that viewers in BC and Calgary will get to watch the Flames/Mighty Ducks game tonight while I have to watch the friggin' Oilers/Red Wings game.

$#E#$#&##$%@#$^@& :mad: :mad: :mad:

:(

the montreal/canes game was sweet.but the stars losing to the avs..was much much sweeter..muauahahahah

kane9321 said:
the montreal/canes game was sweet.but the stars losing to the avs..was much much sweeter..muauahahahah

I hope Turco is never compared to Brodeur again.

Themanofbat said:
And I just found out that viewers in BC and Calgary will get to watch the Flames/Mighty Ducks game tonight while I have to watch the friggin' Oilers/Red Wings game.

Yeah sucks the only way to watch it is to get NHL Centre Ice or a cable package that has CBCs across the country. But I'll enjoy my full network Sens game tonight.

Themanofbat said:

just for that, you should root for the american team:)

Pksoze said:
I hope Turco is never compared to Brodeur again.

turco is a joke...The stuff he gets away with in the crease is crazy

I really hope redwings win so Steve can get a great sendoff.

Assassin said:
I really hope redwings win so Steve can get a great sendoff.

Then he should have retired 4 years ago because the Red Wings are not a 4 rd playoff team anymore.

kane9321 said:
turco is a joke...The stuff he gets away with in the crease is crazy

Yeah but its the praise they heap on him as being the best Marty that is annoying.

He plays well in the regular season but he's a mediocre to bad playoff goalie.

Pksoze said:
Yeah but its the praise they heap on him as being the best Marty that is annoying.

He plays well in the regular season but he's a mediocre to bad playoff goalie.

He's no Billy Smith, that's for sure....

:)

I'm going for the Flames but I'll be happy as long as the Rangers don't come close. On a side note: Jagr is already making himself questionable for game 3.

Themanofbat said:

You can enjoy Edmonton playing the trap though :confused: :)

But yeah, I would be pissed as well if I couldn't watch the Oilers play tonight and was forced to watch a different game instead....

F**K YES! My Avs are goin home up two games on the Stars, who woulda seen that comin?

Eric Draven said:
You can enjoy Edmonton playing the trap though :confused: :)

It's a good thing they won in Detroit, because with the Oilers sh1tty home record, they'll be lucky to go back to Detroit 2-2 instead of being down 3-1.

Themanofbat said:
It's a good thing they won in Detroit, because with the Oilers sh1tty home record, they'll be lucky to go back to Detroit 2-2 instead of being down 3-1.

Eh, I have this feeling that Edmonton is going to win at least one of the games this week.

And yeah, it was a ****ty home record, but the play-offs are a new season.... :o :O

V said:
best series thus far

habs/canes

We'll see how Nashville/San Jose is tonight.

Good to see Pat Burns at the Tampa/Ottawa game. Ottawa has played almost half the game shorthanded and are still up 5-1. :up:

That Buffalo/Philly game is probably going to get pretty vicious.....or more vicious than what it was yesterday.

Dude, can't get much better, my Avs are goin home with a two game lead; and the Dead Wings are getting beat 3-1 goin into the third :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"