The Official 2008 SuperHeroHype.com Presidential Election!

I do not see any statement suggesting that they would be under continued surveillance. All you have said (originally) was that you would put in place a series of check-ups in which the alien is to be evaluated every 1-2 months.

The bimonthly check ups are where we determine wether he has been a productive citizen or not. The local authorities would have a list of who is who in their area and would be told to keep an eye. If suspicous activity goes does down, surveillance will be increased.

I appreciate the clarification. In your original post, I don't recall reading anything about an "open door to apply for a green card." I took it as "Open Door" meaning open door...because that is what was said.

I understand.

You do realize that the NSA can monitor the internet?

And cell phones?

And that phone companies which offer internet service have the means to access a person's online record?

Unless they communicate telepathically, it will be pretty tough for these folks to plot a terrorist attack.

And thats what I do not like. It is an invasion of privacy imo. Theres no point in them living here if they wont be able to "live" in private.

The bimonthly check ups are where we determine wether he has been a productive citizen or not. The local authorities would have a list of who is who in their area and would be told to keep an eye. If suspicous activity goes does down, surveillance will be increased.

That was not in the original statement...which is where the confusion and concern comes from. Are you officially adding that to your policy?

Well yeah...I am currently writing a big old detailed policy outline with everything in it and thats been there; I just have been busy and its take nforever to write. I thought Id be done last night ubt I dunno know if Ill be tonight now.

jmanpres12.jpg

And with that, I extend an olive branch to Excel so we can end these attacks and start focusing on the positive. We are all Democrats; we can at least agree to disagree without resorting to vicious attacks :up:

And thats what I do not like. It is an invasion of privacy imo. Theres no point in them living here if they wont be able to "live" in private.

It's only a temporary invasion of privacy which would last for a given period of time.

jmanpres12.jpg

And with that, I extend an olive branch to Excel so we can end these attacks and start focusing on the positive. We are all Democrats; we can at least agree to disagree without resorting to vicious attacks :up:

Are you serious?? Your saying you dont wanna resort to vicous attacks in the same post you have a smear ad in???

Are you serious??? Delete that ad and I'll gladly agree to disagree. You wont be seeing any ads coming from me like that if you dont put them out.

Are you serious?? Your saying you dont wanna resort to vicous attacks in the same post you have a smear ad in???

Are you serious??? Delete that ad and I'll gladly agree to disagree. You wont be seeing any ads coming from me like that if you dont put them out.
I'm sorry excel, but that ad was pretty funny.

It's not a smear ad-- it's the truth.

You used 9/11 for political purposes. You basically said that I would allow a sequel to 9/11 happen under my watch.

That puts you on the same level as Rudy Giuliani.

And since you attacked me with a baseless claim (that I'll create a sequel to 9/11), then I deserve to point out that you are resorting to the same fear mongering we've seen from several high profile Republicans over the years.

So, I am extending an olive branch to you, so we can end these attacks and move on with the campaign :up:

I gotta admit, I did laugh a little too. :oldrazz:

As did I :up:

It's not a smear ad-- it's the truth.

You used 9/11 for political purposes. You basically said that I would allow a sequel to 9/11 happen under my watch.

That puts you on the same level as Rudy Giuliani.

And since you attacked me with a baseless claim (that I'll create a sequel to 9/11), then I deserve to point out that you are resorting to the same fear mongering we've seen from several high profile Republicans over the years.

So, I am extending an olive branch to you, so we can end these attacks and move on with the campaign :up:

I havent attacked you, and will not attack you. You and I have an dwill continue to disagree over issues which is how poeple will tell us apart. If any attacks go on, they will be from your side. you say you want to move on, so it looks we will :up:

I would like to challenge Excel to a debate on Tuesday, June 17 :up:

I am free from noon to 1:30ish P.M.

Yup. Matt is an obvious one, who else? Lightening?

I should mention that I will be doing very little campaigning tomorrow.

I offer myself as a VP candidate if anyone deems my qualifications are acceptable.

Interesting Immigration policies everyone, though they did seem to only factor in Mexico for the most part (though that was probably my fault for incorporating fences into the question).

Today's question (well two really) and one I always wanted to ask a politician:

Policy issues aside many citizens vote solely on whom they believe is simply the better man/woman so what advantages (in character not policy) do you personally feel you have over the other canidates?

No one is perfect, and no one wants a deluded president, so what would you say is your greatest flaw as a canidate?

Policy issues aside many citizens vote solely on whom they believe is simply the better man/woman so what advantages (in character not policy) do you personally feel you have over the other canidates?

Well I am a very nice, extremey confident person. I am extremely hard to faze. I rarely have real big highs or lows. Im always the same outgoing, happy person. I have an optimistic view on just about everything. I have what would be called street smarts over booksmarts (my advisors can be the bookworms). I am very, very easy to work with, and will never be the one to instigate an argument or insult another, but I am no pushover. I am not stubborn at all, and have always been a very practical person who is easy to talk to.

No one is perfect, and no one wants a deluded president, so what would you say is your greatest flaw as a canidate?

Easily that at time I can be naive. I may think we are capible of doing more than we are, but still if we shoot for mars and only get to the moon, whats so bad?

Let me know if the debate schedule is finalized and I will do my best to be available. The more advanced notice the better; I have client meetings that morning. Thanks.

For those that want me as a VP, here is my platform, and I am unwilling to bend on this.

Here is my platform at this time.

SOCIAL SECURITY
I would retroactively change the age of Social Security to 70. All people under the age of 50 would have to wait till 70, to get Social Security.
Those over 50 will get their benefits as they are now.

HEALTH CARE
I like the idea of a free market solution to healthcare. Nothing government run. Look at government run veterans healthcare. Need I say more?

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
I think the first things we need to do, before everything else, is enforce the US borders. Enfore immigration laws. Noone gets in without proper documentation.

The next thing I think, some would clasify as a form of Amnesty. Unfortunately, we cant in all good conscience deport 12 million people. I say we do the following.

1) Set a date (after the borders are effectively secured) of 6 months where are immigrants are required to contact the Immigration Offices, and register. This registration gives them a valid ID. They are required to state where they came from and how long they have been here. They are to pay a 5K fine for being here illegally. They are gaurented 5 years to be in the country.
At the end of those 5 years, they must learn to read and write English. if they dont learn English, the 5 year visa, is pulled, and the immigrant is deported.

2) At the end of the 6 months, the free registration ends. Then, any illegal found gets deported, simple as that. This means, if you get pulled over by a cop, you get your info run. You go to a hospital, you get your info run. Basically, when an illegal immigrant gets deported when they are discovered. We wont go after them, they will "be found thru normal means."

Also, at the end of these 6 months, companies are required to verify that their employees are Legal. If they are not, the company will significantly fined. This will force the companies to get their illegal immigrant to register and get into the system.

ENERGY
I would have a Government STARTED program to fund alternative fuels. This program would be like "Manhatten Project" but for Energy. The government
would have companies sign up to get federal monies for research, but the technology will then be diversified to numerous other companies after something comes of it.

This means numerous companies and research institutions will get huge amounts of grant money (these companies will have numerous oversites in place). Once they find an environmentally safe and clean fuel, this technology will get given freely to US companies who have proper Export Compliance laws in place.

In the meantime, drilling everywhere, and building numerous powerplants. I suggest, to appease the environmentalists, get the EPA involved from the get go.

IRAN and North Korea
Talk Talk Talk. No military action unless they simply attack. Nothing more than that.

EDUCATION
Dissolve all the Federal Education standards programs, and give ALL control back to the states. Fund them and let them decide.

GUN CONTROL
If it can take out a tank, ban it, other than that, you can own it.

WELFARE
Welfare is simple to me. Everyone can be on welfare for a total of 20 years in their lifetime. Also, they can only be on it for 5 years on, 5 years off.
Once they hit 20 years, all funding for them is cut. This is meant as help, not a lifestyle.

TRANSPORTATION / INFRASTRUCTURE
Reinvest in the infrastructure, its falling apart...not much else I can say, I dont know much on the subject.

GAY RIGHTS
Let em get married, I dont care.

TAXATION
FairTax system, all the way

GENERAL ECONOMY
The Fair Tax alone will cause Corporations to benefit more. The American population will benefit also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"