The 2013 Presidential Inauguration

Frankly I think the main reason they made a big to-do out of this one also is because, and I'm just being honest, after Obama I doubt we're gonna have a black prez for a long time. Way too much stupid **** going on during his time.

Actually, this is a much scaled down Inauguration compared to past ones....

I just read the transcript of his speech....

I liked this first paragraph, and hope that he truly believes what he said in the second paragraph and follows this himself.

That is our generation’s task – to make these words, these rights, these values – of Life, and Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness – real for every American. Being true to our founding documents does not require us to agree on every contour of life; it does not mean we will all define liberty in exactly the same way, or follow the same precise path to happiness. Progress does not compel us to settle centuries-long debates about the role of government for all time – but it does require us to act in our time.

For now decisions are upon us, and we cannot afford delay. We cannot mistake absolutism for principle, or substitute spectacle for politics, or treat name-calling as reasoned debate. We must act, knowing that our work will be imperfect. We must act, knowing that today’s victories will be only partial, and that it will be up to those who stand here in four years, and forty years, and four hundred years hence to advance the timeless spirit once conferred to us in a spare Philadelphia hall.

Frankly I think the main reason they made a big to-do out of this one also is because, and I'm just being honest, after Obama I doubt we're gonna have a black prez for a long time. Way too much stupid **** going on during his time.
Just depends on who runs. There seems to be a shortage of young, up and coming black politicians right now. I can't think of any besides Deval Patrick that might make a successful run at the Presidency (frankly I think he'd be too boring to make much of a splash).

Lupe Fiasco pulled from the stage after spouting off Anti-Obama rhetoric during an inauguration event.

https://rt.com/usa/news/rapper-us-obama-fiasco-409/

What a Fiasco. :o
I've heard a lot of very conservative, white friends of mine talk about this 'fiasco' as an attempt to show how Obama is a free-speech-hating-tyrant. He is fairly anti-Obama, but I don't think he supports either party, or any party. I seriously wonder if any of them have ever listened to his music.

Just depends on who runs. There seems to be a shortage of young, up and coming black politicians right now. I can't think of any besides Deval Patrick that might make a successful run at the Presidency.

I think the next candidate, including the Republican candidate...has to either be vetted beyond all things like a Hillary Clinton, or unvetted and comes in pretty much a total unknown all the way to the election like an Obama because a status quo candidate like Romney will never make ever again.

For many voters, like myself, I think the first choice will be the more viable choice. I do not want a virtual unknown, with no experience EVER AGAIN.

Still though he made history, and because of that he will always be looked at fondly by a majority of African Americans. This is a great day for someone like US Congressman John Lewis, one of the original Freedom Riders. Plus he will always be referenced whenever a country with a White Majority elects a Black man to their highest office.

I think we'll see a second Black President before we ever see a Black VP.

Granted, Obama is not on the same level as Dr. King or Nelson Mandela, but he himself has made history.

I think the next candidate, including the Republican candidate...has to either be vetted beyond all things like a Hillary Clinton, or unvetted and comes in pretty much a total unknown all the way to the election like an Obama because a status quo candidate like Romney will never make ever again.

For many voters, like myself, I think the first choice will be the more viable choice. I do not want a virtual unknown, with no experience EVER AGAIN.
Romney was never going to make it, and frankly besides the forgone age of before television, he would never have be President. He's too rigid, not relate-able and kind of a prick, something I've heard Thomas Jefferson and Quincy Adams were, but since television natural charisma and likeability factor are much larger components of candidate selection.

Sometimes the rigid or unelectable candidates make good VPs because voters like the idea of having someone who seems stable and almost dorky in that role. Like the proverbial Watson to the President's Sherlock Holmes.

If Clinton runs, I likely suspect she'd be the nominee. If Christie runs, I suspect he could be the Republican nominee. I am a Democrat, so I'd probably vote for Clinton if she runs, but I like Chris Christie, especially because he's kind of an a** to the right people (*cough* Congress) and I think he'd make them feel like they'd get their clock cleaned if they crossed him. I suspect he'd make a solid President, emphasis on solid.

Romney was never going to make it, and frankly besides the forgone age of before television, he would never have be President. He's too rigid, not relate-able and kind of a prick, something I've heard Thomas Jefferson and Quincy Adams were, but since television natural charisma and likeability factor are much larger components of candidate selection.

Sometimes the rigid or unelectable candidates make good VPs because voters like the idea of having someone who seems stable and almost dorky in that role. Like the proverbial Watson to the President's Sherlock Holmes.

If Clinton runs, I likely suspect she'd be the nominee. If Christie runs, I suspect he could be the Republican nominee. I am a Democrat, so I'd probably vote for Clinton if she runs, but I like Chris Christie, especially because he's kind of an a** to the right people (*cough* Congress) and I think he'd make them feel like they'd get their clock cleaned if they crossed him. I suspect he'd make a solid President, emphasis on solid.

I would vote for Clinton in a Clinton/Christie race, even though I actually really like Christie a lot. I hope that he looses at least some weight. I don't mind if he is overweight, but he has to loose some...

I wanted Clinton in 2008, and I haven't changed my mind, if anything she has locked that in my mind with her time as Secretary of State.

To be honest though, over the last few weeks, and if it continues in this manner.....it almost looks like this administration is getting Biden ready for a run at it. The amount of responsibility that he has been given in the last 3 weeks eclipses the entire first 4 years.

You don't want him to be another Taft, where tacked on pork is literally pork. :oldrazz:

This is assuming Clinton wants another shot. If she says no, the Democratic field is wide open.

Of course, she would end up making history herself.

You don't want him to be another Taft, where tacked on pork is literally pork. :oldrazz:
If Taft is any forewarning about what to expect then Christie will get stuck in the bathtub in the Lincoln bedroom. It's not designed with fatties in mind. Our SS used to have to help Taft out of tubs from time to time.
I would vote for Clinton in a Clinton/Christie race, even though I actually really like Christie a lot. I hope that he looses at least some weight. I don't mind if he is overweight, but he has to loose some...

I wanted Clinton in 2008, and I haven't changed my mind, if anything she has locked that in my mind with her time as Secretary of State.

To be honest though, over the last few weeks, and if it continues in this manner.....it almost looks like this administration is getting Biden ready for a run at it. The amount of responsibility that he has been given in the last 3 weeks eclipses the entire first 4 years.
I worked for Clinton and my cousin currently works for her in the State Department. So if it were Clinton/Christie I'd vote Clinton. I'm hoping it'll be one or the other.

Biden wouldn't get elected, IMO
I'm not sure he would even get the nomination. I'm just amazed at the work he has been given of late, especially compared to his "non existence" in the first term. Of course, it is kind of fun to point out that it was a REPUBLICAN that asked for him to be a part of the "fiscal cliff" talks. ha...

I thought it was a restrained and lovely service. I agree with his speech, but know all those who say they hope to give him a chance are likely just as cynical as they were a few months ago. But I do think watching how Obama handled the GOP over the "fiscal cliff" issue in the last few months gives me hope that he has learned greatly from his first term and can accomplish more for the American people by circumventing the political game he got mired in for his first 2.5 years in office. Here is to hoping.

What a fun job that must have been
Yeah, I imagine that's not what they expected when they signed up to be Secret Service.

One minute you're bragging to your friends, the next your helping a morbidly obese naked dude out of a 19th century bathtub.

Yeah I think Obama is more genre savvy now then he was first term. He knows how people are now, for lack of a better term. This is the sequel so we may be getting a darker and edgier version.

Uh-Oh, Bill sees something he likes.

398004_10151428826055329_917951705_n.png

Boy this thing just... keeps going.

Must have been quick the first time. Only 13 states, and 4 million people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"