The 5 Best Cinematic Scenes Ever - POLL

Hades Landscape-Blade Runner
This is with out a doubt one of the most powerful openings in cinema history. From the wonderful SFX that still holds up today, to the lighting, and of course the soul of Vangelis' music blaring through the speakers with an angelic touch. In addition to the reflection of the landscape onto the eye, still is just one of the most thematic and visual cinematic moments ever.

The Interrogation Sequence-The Dark Knight
This sequence was one of the most powerful cerebral scenes in the clash between good and evil, and the blurred lines that they call their borders. Everything from the lighting to the music, and the texture of the Joker's makeup. Not only this but the acting between Bale and Ledger was just amazing, this scene had me at the edge of my chair, and still makes me look with in myself as well. Another example of cinema at its height.

Dave Shutting Down HAL-9000-2001: A Space Odyssey
This sequence was always a powerful part of the film to me. From everything to the red lighting, the reflections off of Dave's helmet, to HAL singing "Daisy" as he is being powered down, pleading for his life. This sequence was one that got me further into Sci-Fi, and no matter what was a powerful cinema experience for me.

The Super Star Destroyer's First Appearance-
The Empire Strikes Back
A sequence that always got my heart pounding. Right after the Rebels declare they need to evacuate, and we hear the powerful and amazing score of John Williams with Imperial March, a theme that will forever be known. Not only is Williams' amazing soundtrack make this scene stand out, but the visuals of ILM showing us the massive Star Destroyers, but showing us a looming shadow that is engulfing all of them, cutting back to the massive ship, ending with the powerful villain Darth Vader looking into the stars searching.

The Infamous Chestburster Scene-
Alien
A sequence that amazed, awed, and made me scream in terror. When I was young I had no idea what was going to happen, on my big screen TV I remember seeing John Hurt scream in agony while you were sharing the emotion of the crew. To the climatic scream and the chestburster ripping out of his chest. This sequence had no music, but the pulsating sound of the Nostromo's heart. The acting by John Hurt, and the crew was just amazing. A scene that will forever be remembered.

The Opening Sequence-Terminator 2: Judgment Day
I know it said do only five, but this one had to go in there. The opening sequence of this movie was still just awe inspiring. From the innocence of the children playing, to the wash out of their silent screams as they are frozen in time. To cutting to the new world, cold, empty, and silent. Sarah's opening monologue fit the tone of this sequence. Then it leads up to a peak, of a lone skull sitting on the ground, while a metallic foot crushes it with ease, panning up to seeing Death Rendered in Steel. Still just one of the best sequences ever.

Last edited:
1) Dutch vs Predator hand to hand fight
2) Raiders of the Lost Ark intro with Indy avoiding traps
3) The Matrix when the truth is being explained
4) Pulp Fiction when Travolta and Uma dance.
5) The Blues Bros car chase scene

I could come up with 5, but since I'm in a hurry I'll give you my 2 favorites in order:

#1: "The Godfather" (Francis Ford Coppola, 1972)...The christening of the baby and Michael renouncing Satan while simultaneously having all of his adversaries gunned down.
I'm still thinking about my top 5, but i must say the moment i saw the tittle for this thread, this is the scene that came to my mind :up:

my top five - scenes that had me most excited (no perticular order)

1. T2
the t-1000 captures the helicopter and then the police van chase

2. the matrix
neo and trinity enter the agent building (I was literally on the edge of my seat)

3. spider-man 2
spidey v doc ock. from the clock tower to the train without a shadow of doubt one of the most exciting and griping action sequences commited to film

4. TDK
batman/joker interrogation gripping and intense.

5. raiders of the lost ark
indy chases the nazis on horse back

loads of scenes for star wars/terminator/aliens etc but these are my favorites :yay:

Let The Right One In. Pool scene. Best scene in horror cinema history.

The word "Epic" is thrown around way too much, but if you want a true definition of the word then look no further than the end of The Return of the King. From when Aragorn, Gandalf, etc arrive at the Black Gate till when Frodo is carried away by the Eagles is probably my favourite sequence of any film. It is truely "epic". It's grand scale is aided by Howard Shore's breathtaking score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYdxdvrBVRM

Pure cinematic brilliance.

^ now that's an epic post
:oldrazz:

I'm not denying that the emotional weight of the film was amazing, but I thought the emotional tension between Anakin and Obi Wan was fine in the fight.
It was spoiled by the bad dialogue and wooden performances.

And even aside from that, purely on a spectacle level, that sequence deserves to be mentioned in the "best of" section of Cinema. It's a visual masterpiece. The energy in that fight is breathtaking.
The fight at the end of The Phantom Menace had more energy. The visuals, while being affective on a base level, were more often than not cartoonish and over-the-top. But that wouldn't have been much of a problem had it not been for the writing and performances; that's what really killed it. Anakin's conversion was so abrupt and phony that I just couldn't invest in most of what was going on.

Watchmen's opening credits.

I agree 100%. That was easily imo the best part of the movie. It was absolutely amazing. I don't adore Snyder but damn that was so well done. The music, the slow motion, the story it told, etc...just brilliant.

Snyder should make only credit scenes.

I was going to post The Wizard of Oz but someone beat me to it:up:

Hades Landscape-Blade Runner
This is with out a doubt one of the most powerful openings in cinema history. From the wonderful SFX that still holds up today, to the lighting, and of course the soul of Vangelis' music blaring through the speakers with an angelic touch. In addition to the reflection of the landscape onto the eye, still is just one of the most thematic and visual cinematic moments ever.

The Interrogation Sequence-The Dark Knight
This sequence was one of the most powerful cerebral scenes in the clash between good and evil, and the blurred lines that they call their borders. Everything from the lighting to the music, and the texture of the Joker's makeup. Not only this but the acting between Bale and Ledger was just amazing, this scene had me at the edge of my chair, and still makes me look with in myself as well. Another example of cinema at its height.

Dave Shutting Down HAL-9000-2001: A Space Odyssey
This sequence was always a powerful part of the film to me. From everything to the red lighting, the reflections off of Dave's helmet, to HAL singing "Daisy" as he is being powered down, pleading for his life. This sequence was one that got me further into Sci-Fi, and no matter what was a powerful cinema experience for me.

The Super Star Destroyer's First Appearance-The Empire Strikes Back
A sequence that always got my heart pounding. Right after the Rebels declare they need to evacuate, and we hear the powerful and amazing score of John Williams with Imperial March, a theme that will forever be known. Not only is Williams' amazing soundtrack make this scene stand out, but the visuals of ILM showing us the massive Star Destroyers, but showing us a looming shadow that is engulfing all of them, cutting back to the massive ship, ending with the powerful villain Darth Vader looking into the stars searching.

The Infamous Chestburster Scene-Alien
A sequence that amazed, awed, and made me scream in terror. When I was young I had no idea what was going to happen, on my big screen TV I remember seeing John Hurt scream in agony while you were sharing the emotion of the crew. To the climatic scream and the chestburster ripping out of his chest. This sequence had no music, but the pulsating sound of the Nostromo's heart. The acting by John Hurt, and the crew was just amazing. A scene that will forever be remembered.

The Opening Sequence-Terminator 2: Judgment Day
I know it said do only five, but this one had to go in there. The opening sequence of this movie was still just awe inspiring. From the innocence of the children playing, to the wash out of their silent screams as they are frozen in time. To cutting to the new world, cold, empty, and silent. Sarah's opening monologue fit the tone of this sequence. Then it leads up to a peak, of a lone skull sitting on the ground, while a metallic foot crushes it with ease, panning up to seeing Death Rendered in Steel. Still just one of the best sequences ever.

I quite love the opening shot of T2. The black screen and cut to the highway of cars with that score. I don't know something about it. It's unexplainable magic.

As much as I loved the interogation scene in TDK, I think I prefer the last scene between Batman and the Joker on the Prewitt building. They just nailed their relationship in a nutshell in one line. But if I had to choose my favorite scene with a gun pointed to me head, it has to be the last ten minutes of TDK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"