The 68th Annual Golden Globes

Gervais is known for his rude sense of humor. Rude comedy can be quite entertaining at times. But it's also one of those things that's funny when it's happening to someone else, but when you're on the receiving end of it, it isn't quite that funny.

Ricky Gervais was hilarious. Hollywood needs thicker skin. The people who got it the worst (Tom Cruise, Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson) weren't even in the room. He just lightly skewered them and they act like he roasted the entire room for an hour. Colbert in Washington this is not. Albeit, that too was hilarious.

Seems there set on hiring then firing popular comedians.

NBC burned themselves by rehiring him and NOT wanting to look over what he was planning.

On Conan his proposed opening was dressing up walking out as Hitler

"Too much? Mel Gibson liked it"

I know I'm behind, but The Walking Dead got f'n robbed.

And good grief did the Glee kids butcher Don't Stop Believing.

From Ricky Gervais' blog.

Week one hundred and fifty-four - January 2011

Thanks to the twitterverse, the blogosphere, all the journos and the coolest stars for coming to my rescue.

It was heartwarming to realise I wasn't losing my mind. Some reactions nearly had me believing I'd gone too far too. Nearly.

Can't wait for the people who thought it was over the top to see my stand-up shows. **** me, they will **** themselves.

Oh, and fans, take this opportunity to tell the world about Karl Pilkington. Tweet about that ****ing head now!

All new Ricky Gervais Show this Friday on HBO and An Idiot Abroad on Science Channel 22nd Jan.

A genuine thanks by the way for all your support.

Cheers.

Back in New York. From 80 degrees to 20 in a few hours. Still it was nice to get a bit of winter sun.

I enjoyed the Globes more this year. I think I had better gags. More along the lines of the Mel Gibson one last year.

Obviously the rumour that the organizers stopped me going out on stage for an hour is rubbish. I did every link I was scheduled to do. The reason why the gaps were uneven is because when I got the rundown I was allowed to choose who I presented to. I obviously chose the spots that I had the best gags for. They couldn't move around the order but I could move around however I wanted.

All the same conspiracy theories as last year too... "So and so was offended"... "hasn't been invited back yet"... exactly the same as last time. "Paul McCartney was furious"... no he wasn't. And nor was Tim Allen and Tom Hanks. I was drinking with them after.

Why do people have to embellish? They're allowed to say they hated it. They're allowed to say they didn't find it funny, that it was tasteless, over the top, or whatever. But why do they speculate and make stuff up?

Don't worry, I know the answer. Because it's more interesting than "it went fine and some people won some awards and then went to a party". But that's all that happened.

Actually, I see what they mean. Boring. So here's what really happened. Bruce Willis and Sly Stallone started a fight with me but Alec Baldwin and Mark Walberg stepped in and helped me out. That's what happened.

This was the first time I saw the Golden Globes in it's entirety because of Ricky Gervais, he should do SNL in the future.

ricky gervais tore several people a new ass hole. it was frankly genius. the man sure knows how to rip people with gusto and wit.

The scientology one was genius.

My God, RDJ, Hanks, and Allen, were only joking about Gervais. How is this hard to figure out?

Gervais is the ****ing man. End of story.

JAK®;19519923 said:
Considering the fact that the two characters they play are very different, no, he doesn't :huh:

Doesn't Gervais play the office manager as well?

Love what Gervais did. He said exactly what everyone was thinking about this ego feeder.

& the nominations were absolutely insane. Johnny Depp for the Tourist really? I mean come on!

I kept waiting all night for one of these celebs to hit him back with the some wit. Was really sad the Carrell did nothing, then Tim Allen did nothing. Come guys!

But then came Robert Downey Jr. the only guy to even make an attempt at some hit back. He did pretty good. He is quite the fast talker in really life apparently. It isn't just an act.:up:

New found respect for both Gervais, & RDJ. Gervais made the show entertaining. Which is rare.

& how in the f**k did True Grit get no nods. What In The F**k!!!:cmad:

Can't believe the reaction to this. I thought the whole night was incredibly tame and I was wishing Gervais went for it more. Then I woke up to all that commotion and wondered if I had missed something. But no, it's just people overreacting to what were pretty lame jokes. As Gervais said himself, these people better not watch any of his standup.

I know I'm behind, but The Walking Dead got f'n robbed.

And good grief did the Glee kids butcher Don't Stop Believing.
:pal:

You seriously think that The Walking Dead was the best drama series ofthe year. Really? I am happy to say that I watch 4 of the 5 nominated shows (TWD, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men and Dexter) and all of those were better dramas.

As for Glee. She show is spectacular, and amazingly original so it's a well deserved award.

:pal:

You seriously think that The Walking Dead was the best drama series ofthe year. Really? I am happy to say that I watch 4 of the 5 nominated shows (TWD, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men and Dexter) and all of those were better dramas.

As for Glee. She show is spectacular, and amazingly original so it's a well deserved award.

Boardwalk Empire bored me to death, Dexter wasn't as good as other years, still great though, Mad Men as well, so yeah the Walking Dead got robbed.

Glee sucks ass, but what I was saying is that they butchered Can't Stop Believing. It sounded like it came from one of those Kids Bop albums that you see advertised on the Disney channel. http://www.kidzbop.com/

They need to stick to covering Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga, and quit butchering classics.

Last edited:
Doesn't Gervais play the office manager as well?
Yeah, both characters were office managers, but their characters aren't similar. The Office US and The Office UK are two very different shows in tone and style of humour, and which one is better depends entirely on your individual preference.

Boardwalk Empire bored me to death, Dexter wasn't as good as other years, still great though, Mad Men as well, so yeah the Walking Dead got robbed.

Glee sucks ass, but what I was saying is that they butchered Can't Stop Believing. It sounded like it came from one of those Kids Bop albums that you see advertised on the Disney channel. http://www.kidzbop.com/

They need to stick to covering Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga, and quit butchering classics.

You need to watch more of Boardwalk Empire. Like the first season of Mad Men, it's a slow burn. The first 3-4 episodes are very slow as it sets up the table. But by the halfway mark (around episode 6) the show takes off and becomes absolutely riveting. It deserved its win.

Meanwhile, The Walking Dead had the opposite trajectory. While the first two episodes were great and had all the potential of a zombie show realized, it began to drop off around episode three. And the second half of the season was pretty mediocre in terms of writing, nevermind actual drama, suspense or horror. I understand this is a genre site and people here love to see a genre product (TWD) taken seriously, but there is a reason season 2 is going to have a whole new writing staff. The show had serious problems while Boardwalk Empire was nearly flawlessly executed.

Glee is an acquired taste. Some episodes are better than others. Some covers, and some storylines, are great. Others can sometimes kind of suck. It is a hit or miss show. But when it hits the sweet spot it is the funniest show on television. Something tells me you don't like it because it is a musical and have never watched it. If you did you'd know that "Don't Stop Believing" was in the first episode and is generally considered the show's signature song and has been complimented by Journey and downloaded a crap ton. It also led to them covering other Journey songs. And trust me I've seen them butcher songs (thinking of Golddigger and Bridge Over Troubled Water makes me shudder), but Journey ain't exactly musical royalty and Glee has improved on their cheesy ballads in my personal opinion.

I haven't even heard of The Walking Dead.

Head over to the TV series forum or better yet to the official website. If you look at just having aired 6.5 episodes this fall its the most popular thread in the TV forum. Also had huge ratings for cable across the globe in a unprecedented TV series launch.

Brandon Fraser is from last year i think.

and Aronofonsky has to be during brake. people behind are not looking on the stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"