The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a joke so dirty I'm actually kinda proud. :funny:

Unused JUSTICE LEAGUE Aquaman design concept!

DaJX-uzVMAAUFNW.jpg

That actually looks pretty damn good

Aw, yahya is exactly the sort of guy you always want on your side. He’s so nice. It’s going to be hard to see him as a villain (but not really because he’s such a great actor)

I'm ASTONISHED that Demon Nun was a part of reshoots in Conjuring 2. That's a huge part of the movie and its most effective subplot.

any news on the trailer? IW coming NEXT WK!!

So bored with lack of DC real news, but Wan is awesome, if AM is a success, one of the common contributing factors between it and WW would be how involved the directors are with the project and PR side of things. Make this part of the director's job prescription (or PR team help them out, it works well)

I'm ASTONISHED that Demon Nun was a part of reshoots in Conjuring 2. That's a huge part of the movie and its most effective subplot.

The spin-off is gonna hopefully be great, mate.

And yeah, I need the Aquaman trailer on a silver platter. :funny:

Last edited:
I wonder if any of the League members will show up in Aquaman like in a cameo capacity? Especially if they stay within the shared universe which is what Marvel does in the sense that other heroes show up in other heroes' solo films then it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for any of the League members to show up in Arthur's solo film in a cameo. It would obviously be kept secret.

I highly doubt it. If it happens it would be post credits but most likely any references would be in the background. AM, like WW will be its own film within the universe.

Not even just reshoots - that movie came out in July and Wan didn't think up the Nun until, I think, April!

I wonder if any of the League members will show up in Aquaman like in a cameo capacity? Especially if they stay within the shared universe which is what Marvel does in the sense that other heroes show up in other heroes' solo films then it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for any of the League members to show up in Arthur's solo film in a cameo. It would obviously be kept secret.

Hard pass. If any lesson can be learned from how JL turned out, it's that they need to ease WAY the hell back on forcing the shared universe concept. You can't dispute WW's success and that was almost entirely standalone. Let's keep that up.

There’s absolutely no reason for other league members to show up in this.
No reason. :funny:

Yeah I guess you're right but then again if you want people to have faith again in a shared universe then what is the worst that can happen with a short cameo appearance

The worst is that people who hate the DCEU will then be reminded why they hate it. Aquaman has the luck to be so far away from Justice League that people are forgetting their angst over it. That is a gift and they need to use it.

WB finally seems to have figured out that the shared universe only works if you establish the characters within it. They tried a different plan for Disney but they failed in the execution so now it is time to go back and let these characters shine on their own. The shared universe is still there but if you want any shot at crossovers later you need to at least have some of the characters fleshed out. Wonder Woman did that and it seems Aquaman is on track to as well.

After JL's reception I think they'll be happy to play down any other connections for now.

I highly doubt it. If it happens it would be post credits but most likely any references would be in the background. AM, like WW will be its own film within the universe.

Hard pass. If any lesson can be learned from how JL turned out, it's that they need to ease WAY the hell back on forcing the shared universe concept. You can't dispute WW's success and that was almost entirely standalone. Let's keep that up.

The worst is that people who hate the DCEU will then be reminded why they hate it. Aquaman has the luck to be so far away from Justice League that people are forgetting their angst over it. That is a gift and they need to use it.

WB finally seems to have figured out that the shared universe only works if you establish the characters within it. They tried a different plan for Disney but they failed in the execution so now it is time to go back and let these characters shine on their own. The shared universe is still there but if you want any shot at crossovers later you need to at least have some of the characters fleshed out. Wonder Woman did that and it seems Aquaman is on track to as well.

I think these posts just about sum it up for now.

Yeah I guess you're right but then again if you want people to have faith again in a shared universe then what is the worst that can happen with a short cameo appearance

They can get nasty flashbacks and say nope, I'm out

Depending on if this film does well and we get an Aquaman sequel then it begs the question of which villains we could get in the Aqua universe besides Manta and Orm

Starro or King Shark or Fisherman

Starro should be a GLC villain and be a strait up Cronenberg Body Horror Movie

Starro is really more of a JL villain.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are setting Manta up to be the main villain of the sequel.

King shark would be so much fun and would set up the next suicide squad movie well. Although he’s more of a thug than a threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"