The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too wonder about the underwater physics of this SCI-FI FANTASY movie :loco:

this COMICBOOK SUPERHERO movie isn't trying to catch realism if ya hadn't noticed :oldrazz:

These kinds of responses don't add anything to the conversation. Fictional universes, even ones featuring people with supernatural abilities, must still operate by the laws of physics and their own internal rules, otherwise its just nonsense. Superman creates sonic booms when he flies, gravity still pulls at his cape.

There needs to be at least some level of believability when making a live action film.

These kinds of responses don't add anything to the conversation. Fictional universes, even ones featuring people with supernatural abilities, must still operate by the laws of physics and their own internal rules, otherwise its just nonsense. Superman creates sonic booms when he flies, gravity still pulls at his cape.

There needs to be at least some level of believability when making a live action film.

but then your missing the point of the whole fantasy based part of what this movie is

but then your missing the point of the whole fantasy based part of what this movie is

But a fantasy world still has to have its own version of physics, it's own internal logic. Otherwise, why couldn't Aquaman swim a million miles per hour, or fly to the moon, or lift a skyscraper?

So the rules of water don’t apply to this Earth? Fantasy means you can have fantastical creatures or magic or what not. But water is still water.

But a fantasy world still has to have its own version of physics, it's own internal logic. Otherwise, why couldn't Aquaman swim a million miles per hour, or fly to the moon, or lift a skyscraper?

what you see is its own version of physics

I didn't mean that a human body would never sink, just that after death it takes a certain amount of time. Even fish, who sink when dead, float after awhile due to bacteria and chemical build up.

And just because an Atlantean might be able to control it, being in water still wouldn't be comparable to land. Loose objects like clothing would float, their hair would fan out around them, any changes in the current or water pressure (like hundreds of people simultaneously raising their arms and shouting) would push them around. At the very least it would create some kind of wavefront.

Your statement was already proven wrong by the fact that humans and fish don't automatically float. It's like you never swam in a pool before or understand drowning.

Nearly all of them have short hair or tied back hair. They don't have loose objects nor do you know their densities. You're just making up assumptions and theories about how you imagine things would be when there are other plausible explanations that would fit with the visuals.

jesus christ you guys are thinking way too hard about physics and reality just enjoy the damn film lol

if you think abut physics anytime superman catches a falling civilian they would be cut in half

So the rules of water don’t apply to this Earth? Fantasy means you can have fantastical creatures or magic or what not. But water is still water.

that's not what im trying to say
im gonna contradict my self abit here and say yes you can have realism in a fantasy movie and it can be mix but aquaman is relying heavy on the fantasy side of things
I just don't think body density or the sway of hair moving when arms are raised is something to worry about

but heck ya never know... that hair stuff could be just unfinished work.

I liked the music in the trailer. Anyone know if that is from the score of the film?

jesus christ you guys are thinking way too hard about physics and reality just enjoy the damn film lol

if you think abut physics anytime superman catches a falling civilian they would be cut in half

I wonder when there gonna realize there's no bubbles coming out of there mouths when they talk :woot:

Take a look at that crowd shot. There are several people who do not have their hair braided or in a bun/ponytail. It should be wet and wavy, yet it looks perfectly dry (sometimes even spiked).

It may only be a single shot, but this is what people are talking about when they say the visuals remind them of Green Lantern. When there are people shown underwater, it looks like a bad composite job, with a poor integration of real people into a virtual environment. The creatures and overall landscape look pretty good, though.

This also may seem like a trivial concern, but Aquaman’s pants should’ve been torn off of him after swimming that fast at the start of the trailer. Characters like Superman or the Flash can pull it off because they have specially designed, full body costumes. Arthur’s just wearing a regular pair of jeans.

As other people have sad, some imperfect CGI can be overlooked if the writing is up to snuff, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. A lot of cliche tropes, unimaginative dialogue, and ultimately I don’t know what the point of view here is or what it’s trying to say.

I do think about it, and it does bug me sometimes. If the story is engaging I tend to care less, but the story conveyed in the trailer did nothing for me which is why other flaws stand out more.

I wonder when there gonna realize there's no bubbles coming out of there mouths when they talk :woot:

I thought I'd already mentioned that.

God does this thing look cheesy. I will watch for Black Manta and to see just how awful the finished product is.

God does this thing look cheesy. I will watch for Black Manta and to see just how awful the finished product is.

By comparison, Wonder Woman's cheesiness felt genuine and earned. Even the wonky CGI was inconsequential due to the sheer heart and emotion that was on-screen.

Aquaman doesn't have that same luxury. The dudebro persona is not as endearing as Diana's well-meaning earnestness. The film also features a great deal more visual effects, which are more complicated and involved than simple digital doubles.

This seems to be very trope heavy, almost like a live action Saturday morning cartoon. To me, this film seems more childish than the actual DC geared towards kids (Shazam). At least that movie actually looked fun.

I don’t know; I just assumed you were lol.

Yeah, I looked it up, it's the same music.

Take a look at that crowd shot. There are several people who do not have their hair braided or in a bun/ponytail. It should be wet and wavy, yet it looks perfectly dry (sometimes even spiked).

It may only be a single shot, but this is what people are talking about when they say the visuals remind them of Green Lantern. When there are people shown underwater, it looks like a bad composite job, with a poor integration of real people into a virtual environment. The creatures and overall landscape look pretty good, though.

This also may seem like a trivial concern, but Aquaman’s pants should’ve been torn off of him after swimming that fast at the start of the trailer. Characters like Superman or the Flash can pull it off because they have specially designed, full body costumes. Arthur’s just wearing a regular pair of jeans.

As other people have sad, some imperfect CGI can be overlooked if the writing is up to snuff, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. A lot of cliche tropes, unimaginative dialogue, and ultimately I don’t know what the point of view here is or what it’s trying to say.

I do think about it, and it does bug me sometimes. If the story is engaging I tend to care less, but the story conveyed in the trailer did nothing for me which is why other flaws stand out more.

I thought I'd already mentioned that.

Atlantean hair gel :woot:. Also, exactly how does anything look wet under water?

Atlantean hair gel :woot:. Also, exactly how does anything look wet under water?

Aquaman-Jason-Momoa.jpg

First-Comic-Con-Trailer-for-James-Wans-Aquaman-with-Jason-Momoa.jpg

versus

Jason-Momoa-Aquaman-Dive.jpg

Jason-Momoa-Aquaman.jpg

I realize shooting an entire film that way isn't feasible, I just posted those photos for reference. There had to be a way they could get the finished shots to more closely resemble what being underwater actually looks like.

Even JL managed it better:

aquaman_justice_league.jpg

Aquaman-Justice-League-Underwater.jpg

I cried legitimately cried tears of joy...excitement seeing this Aquaman trailer no seriously this looks like it is or that it will be a legit movie in the DCEU. Knowing how much of a perfectionist Wan is as a director and looking at what he did with Furious 7 in the Fast & the Furious franchise I have no doubt that with Aquaman if it follows the Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman model then this film could also be used to catapult the DCEU back into glory taking it to new heights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"