The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, sounds so ooc for her! Thanks for the replies, guys!

Must have felt bad to get banned right after the trailer dropped.

I see that a lot of people have a problem with the cgi which is valid. It did look off but there's still time to fix that. I'm sure Wan is working on it!

I'm glad I have my own eyes

GZQMCp3.gif

After merely liking the trailer the first time I watched it, upon second viewing I must say that I love it. I'm so hyped for this.

The backdrop of the sea has so much potential due to how much of it is unexplored and the fantastic things that exist within it.

However, the only word I can think of after watching the trailer is "off-putting"'. There are a couple of visuals that work, but the vast majority of it suffers from the same distortion as floating head. The characters aren't seem-lessly integrated with their backdrops. Then you have the natural expectation of what you expect to see knowing a humanoid (or whatever you want to call them) is under water. I also get that they want a CGI spectacle, but some of it felt overloaded with Snyder-tendencies.

I was hoping Wan would correct Snyder's "AquaBro", but he appears to have doubled down on it. The dialogue was stiff as all hell. A whole movie of lame liners, grunts, and whooo-ahhh's will become exhausting. I feel like they're making the character more about Mamoa than about Arthur Curry.

They knocked it out of the park with Manta though.

Last edited:
for those complaining that they didn't shoot the whole thing underwater : you're asking way too much. not only would it be far too expensive and problematic for giving direction not to mention how would you talk...but it would be too dangerous. there's so many things water does to your skin over time. pruning then cracking then you're open to infection. it just isn't possible.

Anyone complaining and wanting an entire film shot under water because it takes place under water should complain about films set in outer space not being shot in outer space lol.

This looks really cool, it almost has the same epic feel as a LotR movie. Lets just hope that all the CGI (cuz there seems to be a lot of it) is really well-polished before release.

This looks really cool, it almost has the same epic feel as a LotR movie. Lets just hope that all the CGI (cuz there seems to be a lot of it) is really well-polished before release.

Plot wise it's a little Game of Thrones like.

Baby born that's supposed to unite 2 worlds. Challenge to unite the multiple factions under one King. External threat from "the others" (surface dwellers) that threatens to wipe out their existence.

Arthur is a Song of Air and Water, the Prince that was Promised lol.

I've never watched GoT, so I'll have to take your word for it :cwink:

After merely liking the trailer the first time I watched it, upon second viewing I must say that I love it. I'm so hyped for this.

DC movie trailers have this weird thing were I rarely like them on the first viewing but after a couple viewings I love them.

Whereas with Marvel trailers I instantly like them or dislike them and that never changes.

I’m seeing complaints about these characters not looking like they’re underwater.
I feel like people are expecting them to look and behave like a person would underwater.
They’re Atlanteans :funny:
They’re not going to look like a person that’s holding their breath.
Their eyes wouldn’t be sensitive to water.
Their bodies aren’t going to behave the same way.

Last edited:
for those complaining that they didn't shoot the whole thing underwater : you're asking way too much. not only would it be far too expensive and problematic for giving direction not to mention how would you talk...but it would be too dangerous. there's so many things water does to your skin over time. pruning then cracking then you're open to infection. it just isn't possible.

Aquaman's short cameo in BvS was filmed underwater and people complained that Aquaman was obviously holding his breath. It seems like a no win scenario. If Wan decided to film a good deal of his scenes underwater than he would get the same complaint that BvS got.

Eh, I'm down with the look of Atlantis underwater; I'm probably neutered to it "not coming off right" thanks to my love of sci-fi and noisy space explosions.

And honestly, the thing I'm most interested in is Patrick Wilson as Orm. I've always thought he had a more villainous acting style, and his look and manner seem like the perfect counterpoint to Mamoa's Arthur, with more pride, bearing, and an aristocratic air that nicely contrasts with Aquabro, who I love (suck it, Silver Age!) And while Manta maintains his place as the overall arch enemy, Orm's the guy who's been on the rise the last few decades as a bad guy. I mean, some people have tried to compare him to Loki, but I think he seems more like a reverse of Killmonger; someone who has a point and a birthright that could make them heroic, but their wrath so too great. And since Orm is actually the reigning king and fully enculturated Atlantean, he actually seems to have his virtues highlighted even more, since it seems he honors Arthur's right to challenge him in spite of being the villain,

God what's this thread turning into? It was one of the serene places in the lounge. This is the first trailer, they'll perfect the CG. Wait till the final product to see. And talking of film physics lol it don't apply in CBM as there's no real life equivalent to it. We can only speculate and speculation is subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"