The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more interested in the story, how it should be structured. Should he have an origin?
I am thinking that it could be a small quick one, show his father meet his mother on the beach and
then maybe cut to her having a baby. Something fast, Not super fast. Just not the whole movie.
Lots to introduce in this film, don't want it overdone like Green Lantern, which also had way to much
to introduce.

I am also interested in his character and the costume.
What if his chainmail shirt is actually Kingly armor, gold or gold painted metal made to be like Sharkskin.
Since Sharkskin is so rough and tough, right?
2443566-2443565-2031766_aquaman_7_super.jpg
200793086685.jpg

That way his scales have an interesting design for close ups
and being on the big screen, like various superhero designed costumes:
Spider-Man_actors.jpg

They like the designs to have textures. Something for the
audience to look at when things get big on the screen.

I can see Hemsworth pulling off an epic Aquaman. But he's still Thor, I think it'd just feel weird.

Best reason to let his brother take it. Have him bulk up just like his brother did for Thor. I would also hire the costume designer for MOS, as that new Supes costume made in a dark green leggings and golden or bronze (NO ORANGE!) that compliments his musculature and there you go!
Liam is up and coming and is good for a full trilogy (plus JLA) so he will grow with the role.

I love the Shark skin armor as well. Would be fun and add detail they seem to want in superhero costumes. With them living under water and Earth still having gravity, would the Atlantians use objects that are heavy so they would stay on the ocean floor? What should their buildings look like? Are they connected to the ancient Rome society, so should that be where their builds, clothing, and everything about them start? And then build from there? Make them a Roman society that became isolated and built their society from there? So should their buildings look like Roman buildings with columns and pillars and aches and things made in stone?
AncientRomanArchitecture.jpg

Would they have a connection to Wonder Woman? Making them both ancestors of ancient Rome?
For me, figuring out what Aquaman's Atlantian society should be like would sort of define the whole thing. What he should look like, what his armor/costume should be like. What Atlantis should look like. Maybe even how he should act and stuff like that.

Last edited:
I've always thought that because Wonder Woman and Aquaman share their origins in Greek mythology that they should have a special connection. Not a romantic relationship, but a long established alliance between Atlantis and Themyscira and an existing friendship before both joining the JLA. They may actually have this in the comic books, I really wouldn't know.

I've always thought that because Wonder Woman and Aquaman share their origins in Greek mythology that they should have a special connection. Not a romantic relationship, but a long established alliance between Atlantis and Themyscira and an existing friendship before both joining the JLA. They may actually have this in the comic books, I really wouldn't know.

That would be amazing. It'd be the perfect bond between the two to jointly introduce them to the JLA.

The budget for a movie like this could reach 250 million.

You pretty much need an origin for an Aquaman film, simply because of the exotic settings. Even if you didn't want to origin Aquaman himself, you need to cover Atlantis and the Atlanteans. And if your covering what is, itself, 75% or more of Aquaman's own origin. . .

It will be tricky to make Aguaman happen. I don't see it happening unless superhero movies maintain similar popularity that they've had the last few years for a longer period of time..

It will be tricky to make Aguaman happen. I don't see it happening unless superhero movies maintain similar popularity that they've had the last few years for a longer period of time..
I believe they will :)

I'm pretty confident it will happen. Success is a different story

Yeah, i think superhero movies will be here for awhile. And also just imagine how this will look in 3D! ( You know that the studio will make it in 3D) I mean just imagine the underwater scenes looking like Avatar, but under the ocean! With stuff coming at you, especially when he swims throught the water and we have that over the shoulder view! Just imagine......

Yeah, i think superhero movies will be here for awhile. And also just imagine how this will look in 3D! ( You know that the studio will make it in 3D) I mean just imagine the underwater scenes looking like Avatar, but under the ocean! With stuff coming at you, especially when he swims throught the water and we have that over the shoulder view! Just imagine......
*gets a dreamy look on my face*

This just occured to me.

The first minute of the Man of Steel trailer feels like it could be an Aquaman movie.

I would love it if they pulled a bait and switch, just to say "see, you do think Aquaman is cool!"

I can see that. I could also see it starting like Superman Returns movie.
Aquaman-1-image-3.jpg

Arther as a child, young boy, living with his father on the sea shore. Cut to a dark and stormy night as huge waves crash against the rocks at the foot of the light house. His father rushing franticly down the stares of his light house, to make sure Arther was in his room safe.
the voice overs of the trailer have young Arther asking, what are you afraid of Dad? And the father saying, I'm afraid they'll take you back.
Then cut to Arther as a young adult breaking down the door of his house that is surrounded by the media, cameras, reporters. He breaks down the door and runs outside furious and jumps in the ocean.
Cut again to Arther now and adult as Aquaman, returning home to land for his father's funeral.

Maybe the movie could be about how Arther and his father had a huge fight, about him being from Atlantis and wanting to go back or his father not wanting him to go back. They fight, and he never returns until its too late. Or maybe he leaves because he is hounded by the press and air breathers because the doctor who treated him leaked it to the media that he is a fishman.
aquaman.jpg
Maybe the movie could be about Aquaman becoming ruler of Atlantis, almost proving himself. His half brother Orm is the true ruler, but is leading Atlantis down a troubled path of war with the surface and Arther must stop his half brother and take over as ruler of Atlantis to make sure there is no war between Atlantis and the surface.
he almost has to sacrifice his life on land to keep harmony.
2886165-orin_vs_orm.png

Thoughts? Ideas?

Last edited:
Great ideas. I had imagined more of a military/adversarial relationship between Atlantis and Themyscira. Perhaps conflict thousands of years ago. Perhaps since no man is allowed on Themyscira there is sort of a "demilitarized zone" complete with armed guard where Themyscira descends into the ocean. And that WW and Aquaman's eventual friendship in the league could begin to thaw frosty relations.

I just read the Justice League comic and thought Ocean Master's characterization was perfect. He isn't a bad guy, he was just brought up with horror stories about the surface world and how evil they are to Atlantians (meanwhile Arther has lived on land his whole life.) And maybe that could be the direction of the first movie.
We start with a young Arther (small boy) living in the light house with his father. After one violent storm with waves crashing on the rocks Arther's father tells him he is afraid they will take him back. Cut to Arther as an adult, early 20s. He has always lived on land (except for maybe a brief untold period where he visited Atlantis only to return to land.) He has always known he was Atlantian, his father never hid that from him. (Maybe they could even include Dr. Shin and the idea that him being Atlantian was leaked to the press, him being a "fish boy". (Maybe we actually cut to Arther in his late 20s early 30s, and his father has already passed and he is living on land with Mera (?) and protecting the surface as Aquaman. And getting no respect from it.)
Meanwhile Orm, his half brother and some day King, finds out he has a brother who lives on land.
And thats the focus of the movie. Orm thinks he has to rescue his brother, and sends an invasion to get Arther back. Meanwhile the surface world sees it as an invasion, and Arther sees it as something he is stuck in the middle of and must stop.
Orm is shocked to find out that his brother not only loves the land but is defending it and will not return home. Orm decides to destroy the land, and forces Arther to battle. In the end Arther takes the throne from his brother and must sacrifice his life on land with his father to stop the invasion and destruction of the land.
(The Dr. Shin thing, being leaked, could lead to the surface mocking Arther and treating him like a jerk, making him the working class hero who doesn't get respect.)
2886164-orin_vs_orm_2.png

Aquaman's armor chainmail shirt could be metal molded to be shark scales,
and
Orm's helmet could look similar to this:
witchking-714079.jpg

Aquaman two could be about Black Manta, a deep sea diver assassin who is sent by the surface to kill Aquaman (maybe). Just a quick thought.
I'll have to think that one out more. I like the past idea they created for him and Aquaman. I like the Dr. Shin stuff the comic has introduced, and I like how they portray Ocean Master. And I love his relationship with Mera. But I am afraid I would be adding too much.
Perhaps the first film could be about Orm, the second film could be about his rebellious pasts alluded to in the first film, his brief period in Atlantis and his connection to Black Manta.

Last edited:
Michael Ealy really would make a fantastic Black Manta. He has a darkness looming in him that would do Manta justice. His role in "For Colored Girls" was his darkest yet and seemed like a completely different person from how Ealy usually is.

Here's a clip that showcases how dark he can get, but be warned, it is not for the faint of heart. It's actually a pretty hard scene to watch and just gets even harder to watch towards the end.

[YT]R_o4Wi9KzHs[/YT]

Not a fan of that suggestion at all.. That dude isnt going anywhere, we need an actor with leading man potential. That guy definitely doesn't have it. I'd be incredibly disappointed if he were cast.

I suggest Charlie Hunnam, Nikolaj Coster Waldau, Leonardo DiCaprio, Alexander Skarsgaard, Daniel Craig, or even Brad Pitt

Just started reading any of the new 52, and I started with Aquaman, and after reading the first 18 issues, a really good movie could be done with him.

But with him, there's a very small margin of error. It can be really good, or go really cheesy fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"