The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the difference between Ant Man and Aquaman is Ant Man don't need to have an expensive setting and CGI creatures, while Aquaman surely do - complete with air bubbles talking dudes. Hank Pym is just a crazier genius than Tony Stark and scientific gadgetries are also his hallmark. While Aquaman is an underwater Thor.

Ant Man budget = 110 million max
Aquaman budget = 120 mill min

Both Ant-Man and Aquaman are far from household names. The difference between the two is that the non-comic crowd remembers the worst part of Ant-Man - the domestic violence - and Aquaman is viewed as a joke thanks to Family Guy.

Far?? Far?? Really?? Though it was a Saturday morning kids SHOW, The Super Friends had a long run....ran from 1973 to 1986 and who are the kids that grew up watching those shows? They are today's 40 and 50 somethings......Aquaman is indeed a household name. I think many fans have sadly bought into this mindset that he's not a respectable hero based on some SNL spoofs.

Even the Showtime series Entourage has kept his name out front.....in Hollywood, any publicity is good publicity.

Where has the name "Ant Man" been bandied about?? No where.

DC doesn't believe in any of their character except Superman and Batman....They tried GL and goofed.....They need to try it again.....If they need to bring in Nolan for "ALL" of their heroes, so be it! LOL

Last edited:
No the difference between Ant Man and Aquaman is Ant Man don't need to have an expensive setting and CGI creatures, while Aquaman surely do - complete with air bubbles talking dudes. Hank Pym is just a crazier genius than Tony Stark and scientific gadgetries are also his hallmark. While Aquaman is an underwater Thor.

Ant Man budget = 110 million max
Aquaman budget = 120 mill min

Hey ,,,what's an extra 10 million amongst friends? :woot:

That's really exciting he's one of the best DC characters. He deserves a live action movie though too. Maybe this animated film can lay the groundwork for live action

I know Aquaman is considered a joke but honestly if marvel is making ant man and GOTG, I don't see why this film can happen. I love the character and would love to see a great film about him.

I think we'll see an Aquaman tv show or movie very soon

I think that WW should be next up to get a movie, however Aquaman (and Flash) should be on the shortlist right behind her. I'd base the movie on Geoff Johns current run (which is fantastic).

These three would be my shortlist for Aquaman.

MV5BODA3NzI3NDk3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ5OTU2Mw@@._V1._SX640_SY925_.jpg

Jai Courtney

MV5BMTY1OTYyNzM4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg5MzE2Nw@@._V1._SX640_SY945_.jpg

Charlie Hunnam

Armie+Hammer+48th+New+York+Film+Festival+Social+Zwb7-wTaM-Hl.jpg

Armie Hammer

Hammer probably looks the most like the DCAU one, Hunnam like the New 52.

Devon Sawa, David Gallagher, Joseph Mazzello, Rhys Wakefield

Devon Sawa, David Gallagher, Joseph Mazzello, Rhys Wakefield

I'm not a fan of any of these ideas. at all...

why are you so stuck on casting a former kid actor as Aquaman?

my enthusiasm for Aquaman would go way down if any of these guys were cast.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The perfect person to play Aquaman is Dan Stevens.

tumblr_mglb281qTn1qc0xrto1_500.jpg

It's funny, while there are characters out there like Superman and even Batman that I find very hard to cast, there seem to be a ton of actors out there who could do Aquaman justice.

My pick is still the super badass Philip Winchester. But some of the other names here are also very good picks.

I have a sad suspicion that Aquaman might get a solo movie before Wonder Woman, because in the eyes of the execs at WB, they are both "mythological super heroes", and given the choice, they'd rather do the one starring a man.

why are you so stuck on casting a former kid actor as Aquaman?
Why are people in general so against it? Because these actors have yet to prove their talents? How could they possibly do that if they never get the chance? Some young actors were big for a reason.

It just so happens, that I have a different mind set than other people. I can see potential, and I can't help it.

Last edited:
Here's a question...does Aquaman have to be blonde?

Sam Claflin who is Finnick Odair in Catching Fire would be a good Aquaman. It would be interesting how they could adapt the costume for screen plus what villain should he face, Black Manta would be my choice although Ocean Master would be fine.

Sam Claflin who is Finnick Odair in Catching Fire would be a good Aquaman. It would be interesting how they could adapt the costume for screen plus what villain should he face, Black Manta would be my choice although Ocean Master would be fine.

Both of those would be must have villains for Aquaman, as they are his two main nemeses. However, an issue with them is that they are essentially the same as Loki and Malekith from Thor. A half-brother who wants the throne for himself, and a warrior with a grievance who wants to destroy the kingdom. There's already a lot of similarities between Thor and Aquaman (and WW). The villains at this point may just seem to be a ripoff.

Why are people in general so against it? Because these actors have yet to prove their talents? How could they possibly do that if they never get the chance? Some young actors were big for a reason.

It just so happens, that I have a different mind set than other people. I can see potential, and I can't help it.

Aquaman is NOT the movie for these actors to prove themselves in. We obviously need an actor that has already proven himself. This movie will be fighting an uphill battle, casting a no name average child actor from the 90s makes absolutely NO sense.

Maybe these actors you've listed have potential, but they shouldn't be given the lead role in a movie that audiences don't even want to see already.

The actor playing Aquaman should get people pumped for the movie, because the character alone isn't going to make people want to see the movie. The general audience doesn't like Aquaman. They think he's lame. They'll think he's even more lame if they cast a WASHED UP KID actor from the 90s. I shouldn't have to explain why this is a bad idea.

Maybe one of those actors could have a small supporting role in a superhero movie, but none of them are right for Aquaman at all. There are so many better actors out there who have proven themselves as actors AND actually look the part.

None of the actors you suggested even look the part imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"