The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aquaman is NOT the movie for these actors to prove themselves in. We obviously need an actor that has already proven himself. This movie will be fighting an uphill battle, casting a no name average child actor from the 90s makes absolutely NO sense.

Maybe these actors you've listed have potential, but they shouldn't be given the lead role in a movie that audiences don't even want to see already.

The actor playing Aquaman should get people pumped for the movie, because the character alone isn't going to make people want to see the movie. The general audience doesn't like Aquaman. They think he's lame. They'll think he's even more lame if they cast a WASHED UP KID actor from the 90s. I shouldn't have to explain why this is a bad idea.

Maybe one of those actors could have a small supporting role in a superhero movie, but none of them are right for Aquaman at all. There are so many better actors out there who have proven themselves as actors AND actually look the part.

None of the actors you suggested even look the part imo.
Marvel managed to make a very successful movie in Thor starring an unknown.

If they get a charismatic guy, they can make it work.

Marvel managed to make a very successful movie in Thor starring an unknown.

If they get a charismatic guy, they can make it work.

I dunno how many times I've explained this. The GA didn't think Thor was lame before he came out. They knew nothing of him. The ga thinks Aquaman is the lamest superhero. undeniable. there is an uphill battle for Aquaman that Thor never had to face.

Your point is moot

I don't think people have an opinion on AM at all. None of my friends even know about him. So he's in the same position as Thor. As unknown superhero so they can make it however they want without any pre-conceptions.

I think it's really people exposed to Superfriends and/or exposed to people who've seen it that have any impression of the character being lame. The rest either have no impression or have made their decision based on the various games, toons, etc. he's been in these past few years.

I disagree, Family Guy and Superfriends set Aquaman far back

Entourage was a positive spin for the character.

What with James Cameron and Andrew Kevin Walker working on it.

They never showed a shot of Adrien Grenier in the suit though (Even though he was horribly miscast in that lol)

They play on the myth that Aquaman is useless, but at least Johns skewered it when he brought him into the 52.

What do Family Guy and Big Bang Theory do?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0P3YeLFotc [/YT]

They need a hook up their arses. Aquaman is awesome, he should be up there with Thor but we are stuck to this superfriends bs.

Have Aquaman make a surprise debut in the JL movie saving the Justice League's asses by commanding an army of sharks, sea creatures, etc. Problem solved.

tumblr_m0p2ccrwwK1qjcc37o1_500.jpg

3016831-topo1.jpg

Aquaman19a.jpg

Aquaman06.jpg

It could see it being a badass/funny moment that gets the audience cheering.

Cast a badass actor that GAs find hard to hate (Karl Urban, Nikolaj Coster Waldau, Joel Edgerton, Kinnaman, Hunnam, etc).

jk11.jpg

Last edited:
Urban wouldn't fit the role, man. Waldau, maybe.

Have Aquaman make a surprise debut in the JL movie saving the Justice League's asses by commanding an army of sharks, sea creatures, etc. Problem solved.

It could see it being a badass/funny moment that gets the audience cheering.

Cast a badass actor that's hard to hate (Karl Urban, Nikolaj Coster Waldau, Joel Edgerton, etc).

That's a great idea. It could be just one or two scenes and then he goes back into the oceean

They're gonna be shooting for guys in their 20s or early 30s, so Waldau is probably out also.

[YT]g0P3YeLFotc[/YT]

They need a hook up their arses. Aquaman is awesome, he should be up there with Thor but we are stuck to this superfriends bs.

You just need the part after the equal sign for YouTube videos. So, just "g0P3YeLFotc" was needed.

Anyway, that goes back to what I said before. Those guys (and the writers of course) are old enough to most likely have seen Superfriends were Aquaman did indeed suck. So, they keep saying he sucks. It all goes back to Superfriends.

For those who've never seen Superfriends, they really don't have much to come to the same conclusion other than being exposed to people who keep bringing up how lame he was or whatever lame jokes they make. I mean, I don't see how a person could come to such a conclusion if they've actually seen him in the recent comics, the toons, DTVs, video games, etc. Sure, they might not like or care for the character. But, to really think he sucks. I don't buy it.

To be fair, Family Guy's Aquaman jokes are hilarious.

Aquaman is NOT the movie for these actors to prove themselves in. We obviously need an actor that has already proven himself. This movie will be fighting an uphill battle, casting a no name average child actor from the 90s makes absolutely NO sense.

Maybe these actors you've listed have potential, but they shouldn't be given the lead role in a movie that audiences don't even want to see already.

The actor playing Aquaman should get people pumped for the movie, because the character alone isn't going to make people want to see the movie. The general audience doesn't like Aquaman. They think he's lame. They'll think he's even more lame if they cast a WASHED UP KID actor from the 90s. I shouldn't have to explain why this is a bad idea.

Maybe one of those actors could have a small supporting role in a superhero movie, but none of them are right for Aquaman at all. There are so many better actors out there who have proven themselves as actors AND actually look the part.

None of the actors you suggested even look the part imo.
Mazzello isn't washed up. He's back in the game.

Wakefield wasn't a 90s child actor as the others. And he's slowly making himself a name these days.
Also, he looked sort of a young Arthur Curry in Sanctum.

I think Hunnam can be good. Or even Kinnaman out of the names suggested so far.

If the rumour is true that Aquaman is in JL, then I think Pitt would work.
movies-brad-pitt-november-2012-portrait.jpg

If he can maintain himself in the next few years :o

My favourite pick goes to DiCaprio however.

Not sure of the chances, but he's an environmentalist like Aquaman...and he works well in the water :o

I think WB hav been waiting for JL to test the characters potential.

DiCaprio starring as the character would have a great boost to kick start a solo film.

I think WB hav been waiting for JL to test the characters potential.

DiCaprio starring as the character would have a great boost to kick start a solo film.
With Leo in the role, WB don't need to test Aquaman in an ensemble film. Just go solo from the start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"