Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Eddie Dean, Feb 6, 2019.
Please post your castings for Batman, his allies and all the baddies here!
Robert Pattinson - Batman / Bruce Wayne
Richard E. Grant - Alfred Pennyworth
Michael Shannon - Commissioner Gordon
Courtney B. Vance - Lucius Fox
Lakeith Stanfield - The Joker
Mia Goth - Harley Quinn
Vanessa Kirby - Catwoman
Rory Kinnear - The Penguin
Christopher Denham - The Riddler
Lukas Haas - The Scarecrow
Sarah Gadon - Poison Ivy
John Ortiz - Mr. Freeze
F. Murray Abraham- Hugo Strange
Peter Stormare - Professor Pyg
and as Dr. Simon Hurt - Christian Bale!
Lukas Haas as Scarecrow's pretty inspired.
Bruce Wayne/Batman ... Christopher Abbott
Alfred Pennyworth ... Pip Torrens
Jim Gordon ... Ethan Hawke
Selina Kyle/Catwoman ... Gugu Mbatha-Raw
Harvey Dent/Two-Face ... Jack Huston
Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin ... Jonah Hill
Edward Nashton/Riddler ... Jimmi Simpson
Hugo Strange ... Andy Serkis
The Joker ... Caleb Landry Jones
Sean Connery would've made an excellent Alfred back in the day; it's a shame Warners never considered him for the role. Then again, he'd sooner jump off a cliff than affect a posh accent.
He would have been Ducard / Ra’s if Batman Begins was made in the 80s.
Legion's Navid Negahban should play him now.
- Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Pip Torrens as Alfred Pennyworth
- Timothy Olyphant as Jim Gordon
- Noel Fisher as Harvey Bollock
- Nathalie Emmanuel as Vicki Vale
- Kaya Scoldelario as Selina Kyle/Catwoman
- Matt Lintz as Dick Grayson
- Sophia Lillis as Barbara Gordon
- Josh Gadd as Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin (I think this one is pretty likely)
- Paul Dano as Edward Nygma/Riddler
- Laurence R. Harvey as Jarvis Tetch/Mad Hatter
- Jeffrey Wright as Julian Day/Calender Man
- Michael Pitt as Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow
Not a single Aunt Harriet casting? You can all go straight to hell!
Tyler Perry - Aunt Harriet
There’s a part of me that wouldn’t mind seeing him play Lucius Fox. Gone Girl proved to me that he’s more than just a comedic actor.
I think he could do it.
- Armie Hammer as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Bill Nighy as Alfred Pennyworth
- William H. Macy as Jim Gordon
- John C. Reilly as Harvey Bullock
- Riley Keough as Vicki Vale
- Eiza González as Selina Kyle/Catwoman
- Timothée Chalamet as Dick Grayson/Robin
- Hailee Steinfeld as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
- Jeffrey Wright as Lucius Fox
- Joe Gilgun as The Joker
- Andy Serkis as Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin
- Sean Gunn as Edward Nygma/Riddler
- Alexandra Breckenridge as Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy
- Ed Harris as Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze
- Navid Negahban as Ra's Al Ghul
- Sean Harris as Johnathan Crane/The Scarecrow
- Colman Domingo as Waylon Jones/Killer Croc
- Daniel Brühl as Hugo Strange
- Viggo Mortensen as Roman Sionis/Black Mask
- Jameela Jamil as Talia al Ghul
- Andy Samberg as The Condiment King
- Matt Dillon as Matt Hagen/Clayface
- Nicolas Cage as Jack Ryder/The Creeper
Armie Hammer - Batman
Timothée Chalament - Robin
Michael Stuhlbarg - Alfred
with Dakota Johnson as Harley Quinn
and Tilda Swinton as The Joker
Or maybe Tilda as Alfred...
I'd make Ralph Fiennes Alfred (dancing Alfred) and move Stuhlbarg to Penguin or Riddler. Matthias Schoenaerts as Azrael.
I thought of Fiennes as Hugo Strange but I had to have Mr. Perlman as Alfred.
Yes! More support for Ed as Freeze!
Alfred Pennyworth - Mark Rylance
Jim Gordon - Kyle Chandler
Leslie Thompkins - Julianne Moore OR Jamie Lee Curtis
Slightly off topic but I watched Suspiria the other weekend and I'm confused as to why exactly they did that with Tilda. It served zero purpose from what I could tell.
Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Rosa Salazar as Selina Kyle/Catwoman
Sophia Lillis as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
Xolo Maridueña as Dick Grayson/Robin
Josh Brolin as Commissioner Jim Gordon
Ralph Fiennes as Alfred Pennyworth
Caleb Landry Jones as Joker
Seth Gabel as Edward Nashton/The Riddler
Michael C. Hall as Professor Hugo Strange
Domhall Gleeson as Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow
Sharlto Copely as Ra's Al Ghul
Priyanka Chopra as Talia Al Ghul
James McAvoy as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin
Elijah Wood as Jervis Tetch/The Mad Hatter
Penn Badgley as Tommy Elliot/Hush
Aidan Turner as Harvey Dent/Two-Face
Adrianne Palicki as Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy
Danny McBride as Detective Harvey Bullock
Benedict Cumberbatch or Sharlto Copley or Daniel Brühl as Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze
Not a whole lot to change there! Great cast.
McBride as Bullock is pretty funny. I could get on board with that for ****s & giggles.
Logue is so damn perfect on Gotham, frankly it's gonna be hard to get used to a potential film version for me after that take. McKenzie's pretty rad as Gordon too, that finale ep should be pretty funny 10 years later, hope they go full-on glasses-and-mustache classic with the dude.
Rylance would be an incredible Alfred, good pick