The All New and Improved Batman Reboot Casting Thread

I could never buy a father-son relationship between Chalamet and Pattinson.
I'd rather have Chalamet as Joker or something.

Driver as Clayface is kind of interesting. What’s the reasoning there? I figured for Karlo (in human form, at least) you’d want someone like Christopher Eccleston, Dominic West, Jason Isaacs, Jared Harris, etc.

Y’know, someone you could imagine having a career in Hammer or in-universe Hammer-type horror movies. Unless you’re just making fun of an actor’s looks...

Isn't Basil Karlo's whole thing that he was a very handsome aging movie star that got obsessed with preserving his looks? I remember something like that in the animated series.

E1425A6F-87CC-450B-B7E2-418CF15F57AD.png 0B79B52D-0ABD-4860-AA84-CE2C04DD30DE.jpeg

Maybe Ciaran Hinds should have been Clayface...

Ciaran Hinds could be Alfred...

cb2098.jpg

For Ra's Al Ghul , i'd actually go for an outside the box choice and characterization for the character. Instead of going for an older gentlemen with gray in his hair or someone who's more of a father figure , I would actually go for an actor much younger and around RP's age.

Ra's would have more of a youthful and angelic look akin to a young man in their mid to late twenties, even though he'd be hundreds of years old. It would further add to the Eeriness of the character when he stands next to Talia , who physically, looks around the same age.

He'd also come off much more as a young , ageless, dynamic leader of the League as opposed to the other versions we've seen.

For that version of Ra's, I'd cast Rami Malek.

Navid Negahban has got to be a shoe in for Ra's.

tumblr_ptgwxq6fq01wgzz3eo1_400.gif
tumblr_ptgwxq6fq01wgzz3eo2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ptgwxq6fq01wgzz3eo3_r1_400.gif

Cas Anvar who just voiced Ra's in Batman v. Ninja Turtles: Dawn of Justice...

MV5BMjEwOTY0ODQwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzMzNTk2NjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,726,1000_AL_.jpg

Bruce Wayne/Batman ..... Robert Pattinson
Alfred Pennyworth ..... Richard E. Grant
Jim Gordon ..... Jeffrey Wright
Harvey Bullock ..... John Carroll Lynch
Leslie Thompkins ..... Laura Dern
Silver St. Cloud ..... Tatiana Maslany
Lucius Fox ..... William Jackson Harper
Selina Kyle/Catwoman ..... Sonoya Mizuno
Harvey Dent/Two-Face ..... David Oyelowo
Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin ..... Jonah Hill
Edward Nashton/Riddler ..... Jimmi Simpson
Jervis Tetch/Mad Hatter ..... Andy Serkis
Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow ..... Domhnall Gleeson
Garfield Lynns/Firefly ..... Toby Kebbell
Hugo Strange ..... Ed Harris
Bane ..... Dave Bautista
Joker ..... Will Poulter
Really good, Boom.

Also if we get a non Talia/Catwoman love interest, it’s gotta be Silver.

I’m all for a black Two-Face (Billy Dee was robbed!) but I don’t think Oyelowo has the intensity for it. I think he would be better suited as Martian Manhunter.

Ed Harris as Hugo Strange isn’t working for me either. I feel like that’s a tricky character to cast.

Jared Harris for Hugo Strange. Only issue is that Sony just gobbled him up for Morbius' Mentor... sounds like a waste of his talents.

Mackenzie Foy - Barbara Gordon

dqwLIUiN_400x400.jpg
Dl09XGBWsAAPN4z.jpg

Jared Harris for Hugo Strange. Only issue is that Sony just gobbled him up for Morbius' Mentor... sounds like a waste of his talents.

I keep forgetting that Morbius movie is happening. I’m sorta glad that it is though. I’m sure it will be terrible but as soon as it was announced I took that as confirmation that Jared Leto would never play the Joker again, lol.

It’s just a shame that Morbius and Venom are so much older than Peter. I grew up with the 90s animated Spider-Man series, and Morbius and Brock were peers of Peter’s. Sony continues to mishandle things. I actually really liked Venom too. But Peter should’ve encountered the symbiote in Infinity War, and the story should’ve unfolded more traditionally. Peter not encountering the symbiote in IW is the single biggest missed opportunity in all of the MCU.

It’s just a shame that Morbius and Venom are so much older than Peter. I grew up with the 90s animated Spider-Man series, and Morbius and Brock were peers of Peter’s. Sony continues to mishandle things. I actually really liked Venom too. But Peter should’ve encountered the symbiote in Infinity War, and the story should’ve unfolded more traditionally. Peter not encountering the symbiote in IW is the single biggest missed opportunity in all of the MCU.
Venom was entertaining because Tom Hardy is a movie star who made a terrible script entertaining by the sheer force of HAM. Jared Leto's got like, negative charisma. I'm not expecting anything good out of that.

Venom was entertaining because Tom Hardy is a movie star who made a terrible script entertaining by the sheer force of HAM. Jared Leto's got like, negative charisma. I'm not expecting anything good out of that.
Agreed. Jared Leto works best as a supporting player. I’ll see Morbius though for sure. I love vampire movies.

Yeah I can already see Morbius being pretty bad/bombing at the box office.

Jared Leto is a good actor but I think he’s only good at a few specific things. Definitely doesn’t strike me as a leading man for a franchise.

Good Ole' Jett pointing out that Serkis is in this film...........

Serkis is a fantastic actor, and his turn in War for The Apes was incredibly nuanced... that said, a part of me is against this casting since he was already Klaue, but the more Serkis the better I suppose.

Serkis would be absolutely perfect for a role in this film, in my opinion. Be it penguin, Mad Hatter, or someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"