The All New and Improved Batman Reboot Casting Thread

Will Patton's a pretty intimating guy. I was trying to go with actors Schumacher had worked with. Almost went Chris Bauer.
Patton looks like he might go crazy and fight dirty. I wouldn't pick a fight with him. I'll give you that But he's still not the scary, muscular enforcer Flass is meant to be. Chris Bauer, I guess, at least looks thuggish. So, I might prefer him. Sticking with Schumacher actors can't have been easy, so it's an even better cast than I thought.

EDIT: I do however think that if we're going with a late 90's, early 00's casting , then you can't do better than Holt McCallany as Detective Flass.

Last edited:
I sort of know what you mean. It would feel so different and "weird" with a blond Robin. But that's just because we're not used to seeing him with with another hair color than the classic dark, for the character.

In your own words, why would the lighter hair color feel wrong for Robin?

I know there was a young actor that was close to play Robin already in the first film. It were mentioned in another thread here at SHH forums.
I can't remember his name, or find any pics, but he was kinda blond. The actor looked like a typical 80s boy.

EDIT: I found it

202full-ricky-addison-reed.jpg
Tbh I think its because seeing Blonde hair fighting crime at night would look too odd ig, plus I think blonde hair against a red, yellow, green suit looks ugly

Tbh I think its because seeing Blonde hair fighting crime at night would look too odd ig, plus I think blonde hair against a red, yellow, green suit looks ugly
Twoo good reasons!

I did a quick search, however, and found a different version of Jason Todd

red-hair-jason.jpg

That's quite a look lol
Yes, haha

Another argument against blond hair is that, if an actual teen plays the role, the light hair would make Robin look even more boyish, and less intimidating (blond hair isn't threatening at all)

But it could be done and still work if it makes sense in that particular Batman universe (all films have presented different worlds).
The same with an afro-american, an asian or a latino actor. Which all would be more likely in this day and age.
(giving an already "white" character even more white characteristics such as blond hair is not PC)

A man with blonde hair could never threaten me. The simple fact that he is blonde would make me think he is weak.

That's quite a look lol
Just wanted to add something, tied to my previous reply
When taking the Ricky actor in consideration, perhaps there's a point somewhere in having the Burtonverse Robin as a blond teen? Maybe as a yin and yang to Keaton's almost all-black suit, and also with the overall tone of that Gotham.
No, I don't count Schumacher here. Only Burton's personal style. Perhaps HIS Robin would benefit from not being dark-haired? Or was it just Dick Grayson?

Just a thought of mine here. We'll never know. There were storyboards but the idea was scrapped
And the "blond Grayson" would still only be valid for the first film anyway, as it's actual set in the 80s.
For the 92' sequel, plans had changed and Marlon Wayans was tied to the role

Yes, haha

Another argument against blond hair is that, if an actual teen plays the role, the light hair would make Robin look even more boyish, and less intimidating (blond hair isn't threatening at all)

But it could be done and still work if it makes sense in that particular Batman universe (all films have presented different worlds).
The same with an afro-american, an asian or a latino actor. Which all would be more likely in this day and age.
(giving an already "white" character even more white characteristics such as blond hair is not PC)

A man with blonde hair could never threaten me. The simple fact that he is blonde would make me think he is weak.
Just my point!
But thinking more about it, it's just a stereotype.
With the right blond guy and the right character, we'll buy that he can beat up goons. Like Daniel Craig's Bond.

But it's a difference between him and a teenager.

So there's a fan film coming out that has Doug Jones as The Riddler and Michael Madsen as Bullock? I guess Madsen will just show up if you have a paycheck.

127179782_10160440253151632_9154559175167070568_n.jpg

The cowl looks nice there. Madsen as Bullock not half bad either

So there's a fan film coming out that has Doug Jones as The Riddler and Michael Madsen as Bullock? I guess Madsen will just show up if you have a paycheck.

View attachment 39835

It’s so crazy to see this. I used to aol chat with Aaron shoenke back in the day of his Batman Beyond fan film. He sent me a dvd copy and I think I was supposed to review it and post about it but I was young and didn’t get the process. Don’t know how he got those two guys to do this fan film but good for him.

Madsen has always been my top choice for Bullock so this is crazy that he said yes to a fan made version.

Slam Bradley - Jon Bernthal

Thus leading to a Catwoman solo film or series.

Slam Bradley would make a great spinoff series set in the Batman universe. One of those kinda forgotten characters that deserves a comeback.

I’m totally confused here. I thought Lamont Cranston was Two-face??

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"