• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

World The Amazing Adventures Of Spider-Man

AGREED! I effin loved the original score! I would often hum it growing up playing with my action figures of Spidey. they better release it online.
And I'm just dreading the possibility of them changing the animation/TV footage in the que lines =/
That music was just very comic book-ish and exciting, it tonally fit perfect with the ride and what the ride was trying to achieve. I hope the new stuff works just as well.

Universal announced today that the ride will reopen March 8th completely overhauled!

Universal Orlando Resort has revealed today that their popular attraction, "The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man," is set to open one week from today on March 8th. New additions will include 4K digital high-definition animation, new 3-D "Spider-Vision" glasses and more. Full details from the official announcement are as follows:

The enhancements will transform what is already one of the most popular theme park attractions ever created into what will feel like an all-new adventure. The newly reanimated, high-definition experience will unfold within the attraction’s towering visual spaces. The enhancements will allow guests to experience details they’ve never been able to before – from the flames spewing from Hobgoblin’s pumpkins to the electricity arching through Electro’s body to the stitching on Spider-Man’s gloves.

Highlights from the must-see 3-D experience include:

- Legendary comic book icon and Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee makes a cameo appearance in the new film animation.
- The action is more life-like than ever. Guests will actually see the movement of the characters’ muscles and the changes in their facial expressions.
- The enhanced attraction features a new original music score. It is the same Spider-Man theme you love – with a rockin’ twist.
- The ride vehicle audio system has been upgraded from 8-channel to 16-channel so riders will be even more immersed in the action. Guests will experience 3-D sound quality.
- There are hundreds of cool new details for guests to discover in the attraction. Lighting, sets, graphics, props and even scenic detail have been updated to further enhance the animation’s tremendous improvements.

orlando-spidey.636x458.jpg

And check out this site here for clips of the upgraded CG, for more to be revealed like them on Facebook: http://www.theamazingadventuresofspider-manatuniversalorlando.com/

Holy Cow.

I rode this today and it was AMAZING. I mean, absolutely amazing. It was beautiful. The animation was so fluid and the sound was wonderful, you really felt immersed. You could see every detail - down to the stitching on the costumes. The entire thing was just BETTER.

One down side...they've still got some bugs (no pun intended) to work out...we rode it twice and it broke down both times :( The people operating the ride seemed to indicate that this was a fairly common occurrence. :doh:

I just got back from Universal Orlando a few days ago and I'll give my thoughts on the HD upgrade. Blew me away all over again, the new CG helps to immerse you even more into the world and all of the effects are working in top form to sell everything (never before noticed the actual bridge coming down almost on top of you at one point). Basically, the ride was awesome before but it's been kicked up another notch now. :up:

One thing I noticed that was a bit odd was the CG on the truck driver wasn't changed. It sticks out a bit.

Where all of the Stan Lee cameos are:

First one is at the movie theatre, Stan is running down the street with some lady and they duck into a nearby alley.

Second one is VERY hard to spot, if you're in the back or far right seats you'll probably miss it. Right after you land in the web after the freefall at the end, you bounce up and Stan Lee is right in front of you to the far right pointing at you. :wow:

Third one is in the last scene, Stan is standing on the street. Hard to miss him there.

Fourth one (not a physical one) , Stan Lee now voices the thing in the end as you pull up to exit. He tells you good job and how to exit and says he's gotta get JJJ down.

I was able to tape the entire queue cartoon early in the morning when nobody was really there (dedication, lol!), except for the first 20 seconds or so which was from another later take and in turn isn't as audible as the rest. I posted it on my other YouTube account.

[YT]O3uIwb-Uoas&feature=channel&list=UL[/YT]

Last edited:
I just got back from Universal Orlando a few days ago and I'll give my thoughts on the HD upgrade. Blew me away all over again, the new CG helps to immerse you even more into the world and all of the effects are working in top form to sell everything (never before noticed the actual bridge coming down almost on top of you at one point). Basically, the ride was awesome before but it's been kicked up another notch now. :up:

One thing I noticed that was a bit odd was the CG on the truck driver wasn't changed. It sticks out a bit.

Where all of the Stan Lee cameos are:

First one is at the movie theatre, Stan is running down the street with some lady and they duck into a nearby alley.

Second one is VERY hard to spot, if you're in the back or far right seats you'll probably miss it. Right after you land in the web after the freefall at the end, you bounce up and Stan Lee is right in front of you to the far right pointing at you. :wow:

Third one is in the last scene, Stan is standing on the street. Hard to miss him there.

Fourth one (not a physical one) , Stan Lee now voices the thing in the end as you pull up to exit. He tells you good job and how to exit and says he's gotta get JJJ down.

I was able to tape the entire queue cartoon early in the morning when nobody was really there (dedication, lol!), except for the first 20 seconds or so which was from another later take and in turn isn't as audible as the rest. I posted it on my other YouTube account.

[YT]O3uIwb-Uoas&feature=channel&list=UL[/YT]

I friggin love u for re-recording this!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"