Comics All-New Amazing Spider-Man

So to me, it seems an odd time to quit the comic. But, I understand Thunder's frustration. I know we definitely have opposite opinions on the art, and if he doesn't feel this is Spidey/Pete (much like how I feel he is shown in Ultimate cartoon and the (un)Amazing movies), then I understand not paying $4.99 for something that was originally a 12 cent investment.

Besides, I know how stubborn old men get. :oldrazz:

I hope the comic changes at some point to bring you back, Thunder. :yay:

As long as they don't change it so I won't like it. :oldrazz:

:yay:

:csad:

oh, so it's like THAT, is it?... :grrr::grr: :woot:
seriously though, the book may improve in the future, but we shall see... I wish I could keep a more closer track of the title thru a synopsis thing, much like SamRuby's old site, where he gave in depth synopses, but unfortunately, Eric feels much the same way that I do, so disheartened with both character and title... but I'll still lurk about here on this thread to see what the consensus is about the book... I might even leave a comment or two, just to show that I'm still alive, LOL... and you're right, TMOB, as long as they keep Ramos associated with the book, it makes it just another reason for me to give up... god, that art, grrrrrrr... to ME, so nauseating to look at...

and Gnomes, I'm glad that we DO agree on the Ultimate cartoon being utter crap... and the same goes for the last two Spidey movies, TOTALLY UN-Amazing... I couldn't have put it better... and those also contributed to my decision to give up... the book is bad and I can't even count on a cartoon or a movie to keep me interested in the character even a LITTLE bit... to ME, I've lost allaround with Spidey... so if you look at it, can you blame me for the way I currently feel?...

something has to change drastically with Spidey in ALL his forms of the medium... just have to wait and see...

seriously though, the book may improve in the future, but we shall see... I wish I could keep a more closer track of the title thru a synopsis thing, much like SamRuby's old site, where he gave in depth synopses, but unfortunately, Eric feels much the same way that I do, so disheartened with both character and title... but I'll still lurk about here on this thread to see what the consensus is about the book... I might even leave a comment or two, just to show that I'm still alive, LOL... and you're right, TMOB, as long as they keep Ramos associated with the book, it makes it just another reason for me to give up... god, that art, grrrrrrr... to ME, so nauseating to look at...

Yeah... it's been a couple of years since I last spoke to Eric... gave him some updates on my life and new babies... but I knew he just gave up on Spidey (and comics in general) about what? 5 years ago? I hope he's doing well...

Yeah... it's been a couple of years since I last spoke to Eric... gave him some updates on my life and new babies... but I knew he just gave up on Spidey (and comics in general) about what? 5 years ago? I hope he's doing well...

yeah, Eric had a really great website that was pretty informative and that he maintained for years until he just gave up... I just wish that he had passed on the reins to someone he trusted to have kept SamRuby going in a proper manner, instead of just leaving it all behind and no longer managed... :csad:

Boy, Spider-ManHype forums seems like it's dying... :'(

Aloha,
Comic books are very generational in their appeal. You don't see a lot of senior citizens at the Comic Cons. We are in Marvel Now! A whole new generation and approach to many of the Silver Age characters that guys like me grew up on.Just like you'll hear people say they don't make music like they used to, the same goes for comic books.As the old generations goes the new is coming in. They are influenced by the movies, the cartoons as well as all of the other areas that we find comic book characters in.
FYI-There are MANY who visit these forums daily they just don't chime in. Some are intimidated. I hope they find their voice. They are very much needed and WELCOMED.
Spidey rules

I'm one of those newer generations. I only got into continuous reading of comics once I was in high school. Continuity wasn't really a concern before that. Strazinsky's Coming Home was my first collected story. It blew my mind at the time and is still one of my favorite arcs. I have enjoyed Slott's run quite a bit. I don't really mind BND. I just wish we still had MJ and Peter together. She was such an interesting character. Watching her discover who she was after coming back to NYC. Seeing her struggle with Peter to save heir marriage, it was a type of relationship I had never seen in a comic.
MJ will be back at some point I know, I just wish I didn't have to wait.

I'm one of those newer generations. I only got into continuous reading of comics once I was in high school. Continuity wasn't really a concern before that. Strazinsky's Coming Home was my first collected story. It blew my mind at the time and is still one of my favorite arcs. I have enjoyed Slott's run quite a bit. I don't really mind BND. I just wish we still had MJ and Peter together. She was such an interesting character. Watching her discover who she was after coming back to NYC. Seeing her struggle with Peter to save heir marriage, it was a type of relationship I had never seen in a comic.
MJ will be back at some point I know, I just wish I didn't have to wait.
She left for years in the 70's.
And if we had had better writers, there wouldn't have been a need to watch a marriage between the two suffer in the first place.

I for one, am glad that the marriage is gone, but it could have ben taken care of much better with a better and more secure writer.

She left for years in the 70's.

But that was a very different situation. She left the first time because the relationship deteriorated after the rejected proposal. When she returned, her arc was about coming to terms with Peter being Spider-Man.

She left prior to JMS's run because she was coping with having been held captive in isolation for six months. And like HELL N' SPIDERS said, her return arc was about finding out who she was and how she fits in Peter's life.

And if we had had better writers, there wouldn't have been a need to watch a marriage between the two suffer in the first place.

Peter's middle name is suffering. Every relationship he's been in has had some kind of drama.

I'm finally going to get around to reading 1.2 today.

I don't want to know the details, just whether or not if you all think it was good.

I'm finally going to get around to reading 1.2 today.

I don't want to know the details, just whether or not if you all think it was good.
Not really that good. But that's because it really doesn't fit into Continuity like Untold Tales did.

Not really that good. But that's because it really doesn't fit into Continuity like Untold Tales did.

I ended up having to go somewhere so I'll most likely check it out tomorrow.

I really liked 1.1 but a lot of people have complained about the continuity, as you just mentioned.

Aloha,
Comic books are very generational in their appeal. You don't see a lot of senior citizens at the Comic Cons. We are in Marvel Now! A whole new generation and approach to many of the Silver Age characters that guys like me grew up on.Just like you'll hear people say they don't make music like they used to, the same goes for comic books.As the old generations goes the new is coming in. They are influenced by the movies, the cartoons as well as all of the other areas that we find comic book characters in.
FYI-There are MANY who visit these forums daily they just don't chime in. Some are intimidated. I hope they find their voice. They are very much needed and WELCOMED.
Spidey rules

Too true.
Me, I always lurk about, but I'm neither passionately for nor against the currect direction. It just kind of...well...IS.
Look! Spider-Verse is coming! Whoop.

Honestly, I still buy ASM, but I'm just not as into it as I am Batman or Saga or Fables, nowadays. I'm too busy drawing to really follow to much of anything anymore.

Also, with two little ones, it's their time to do the comic buying. Little Gwen LOVES her comics. She likes She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, and Rocket Raccoon, so I encourage that. She REALLY loves Batgirl, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman, too, but those books are W-A-Y too adult in theme.

As for Spider-people, she loves every Spider-Girl book I've ever bought her, but, with Marvel not catering to the female Spidey fans, that's pretty much done. Although, she wants the Gwen Stacy Spider-Girl book, so maybe Spider-Verse isn't all bad. :)

As for Spider-people, she loves every Spider-Girl book I've ever bought her, but, with Marvel not catering to the female Spidey fans, that's pretty much done. Although, she wants the Gwen Stacy Spider-Girl book, so maybe Spider-Verse isn't all bad. :)

Aloha,
Once the powers that be at Disney/Marvel realize the untapped fortune to be made from the female comic book reader they will go crazy in that direction.I don't have any stats but just from appearances Cosplay is very much female oriented. Guys dress up too don't get me wrong, but when you look at the Comic Cons and other events, the ladies step out. That means that there are many ladies who have the same super hero fantasy's as the guys. To my knowledge, Marvel has NEVER had a women on their board of Directors or as the editor of a major title. Female writers and artist are also sorely lacking.I hope this generation of youth, female in particular, see the door wide opened for them in advancing female characters and super heroes.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
Once the powers that be at Disney/Marvel realize the untapped fortune to be made from the female comic book reader they will go crazy in that direction.I don't have any stats but just from appearances Cosplay is very much female oriented. Guys dress up too don't get me wrong, but when you look at the Comic Cons and other events, the ladies step out. That means that there are many ladies who have the same super hero fantasy's as the guys. To my knowledge, Marvel has NEVER had a women on their board of Directors or as the editor of a major title. Female writers and artist are also sorely lacking.I hope this generation of youth, female in particular, see the door wide opened for them in advancing female characters and super heroes.
Spidey rules

It's bad enough they don't cater to females, but with my daughter being female AND a child, her choices are severely limited. I've seen issues of Spider-man that are too intense for her to read, and my mom bought me comics when I was a kid without having to worry about that.

Example: One of her favorite characters is Harley Quinn. EVER. She has a homemade classic Harley Costume. She loves everything Harley! I cannot even consider buying her the book because, well, harley looks like a biker tramp, curses every page, and deals with a wide range of sexual and adult-themed subject matter. It's great for young adults and us old folk, but, for a child in primary school, it's nowhere close to appropriate.

Luckily, there are still cons where she can pick up glorious back issues of Batman Adventures.

Someday, I hope that we can end the "maturing" of comics, and get back to good stories without the immoral sludge. Maybe get the girls into making the books, as you said.

Gwen wants to draw them, too. She just needs another 10 years or so of practicing with her ol' dad, and she'll be ready to go. ;)

It's bad enough they don't cater to females, but with my daughter being female AND a child, her choices are severely limited. I've seen issues of Spider-man that are too intense for her to read, and my mom bought me comics when I was a kid without having to worry about that.

Example: One of her favorite characters is Harley Quinn. EVER. She has a homemade classic Harley Costume. She loves everything Harley! I cannot even consider buying her the book because, well, harley looks like a biker tramp, curses every page, and deals with a wide range of sexual and adult-themed subject matter. It's great for young adults and us old folk, but, for a child in primary school, it's nowhere close to appropriate.

Luckily, there are still cons where she can pick up glorious back issues of Batman Adventures.

Someday, I hope that we can end the "maturing" of comics, and get back to good stories without the immoral sludge. Maybe get the girls into making the books, as you said.

Gwen wants to draw them, too. She just needs another 10 years or so of practicing with her ol' dad, and she'll be ready to go. ;)
1 - Amen!
2 - You and your daughter are amazing! no pun intended!
3 - Did you let her watch Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Dude, that's awesome that you've got your daughter so into comics! :)

I agree with you on the hope that we end the "maturing" of comics someday soon. Nothing wrong with heavier stories, but there's just so much cheap shock value and in kind of a related fashion, I'm so sick of hero vs hero fights and things being so cynical these days. I'm not asking for Silverage "aw shucks" moments, but it would just be nice if we didn't have heroes casually wondering about killing off alternate universes. Sorry. Rant hah :razz:

You are winning at parenting!

Just out of curiosity, did you name her Gwen after the Spidey comics? :)

He did!
That's why I was curious to know if they both watched Amazing Spider-Man 2...:wow:

Eh...I can see why you would ask that :csad:

But regardless, that's awesome.

Come to think of it, I've never known a Gwen in my life.

Such loving name :hrt:

I recently bought the issue when Peter frees Silk and damn...I thought the comics were getting good again.

I guess that i will stick with the original ASMs for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"